• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Zeuss

Manager
It's a bit early,I know but I've seen every home game and quite a few away(inc. Newport and Torquay) and trust that most will agree with my realistic assessment.
1st place:Only four players have consistently played at a high standard and because three of them(Kiernan,Egan,Sokolic)as loanees haven't been with us that long,the runaway winner must be RYAN LEONARD.
2nd place:For consistency all season it would have to be BEN COKER.
3rd place:Because Kevan Hurst has lost his earlier form so dramatically,it'll have to be BARRY CORR who has often performed extremely well in a very difficult role.
Nobody else even comes close.

Leonard has not shown the same assured consistency of Coker. Therefore Coker is the runaway winner. After all Coker has been an ever-present in the best defence in the league.

Had Prosser not been forced out through injury, I think he would have run Lenny a close 2nd. As it is, I can't see past Lenny at all, no-one comes close. I would expect a top 3 as follows:

1st - Leonard
2nd - Bentley
3rd - Hurst

Though, personally, I'd have Coker in that top 3 in place of Hurst.

1. Prosser - We've had an excellent defensive record all season and this bloke has been at the centre of it. Never mind Egan and Sokolik.
2. White - you bang on about consitency. White embodies it.
3. Leonard - because I'll get howled at if I don't include him. Greatly improved though, to be fair.

Leonard by a mile in first.

Coker by a distance in second.

One of corr, Bentley and Prosser in 3rd. Probably bentley

Prosser. Totally consistent. The only leader we have. Puts his body in the line. Should be in the team now( yes we haven't conversed, but that's more luck than judgement imo). We missed him more than any other player who has not been available to play. The most obvious future captain. The most improved player. A far better player than many give him credit for

Leonard has improved and matured loads but Prosser and Coker have done it all season (bar recent Prosser injury).

1 Prosser
2 Coker
3 Leonard

I find it hard to believe that there is no place for Young Dan Bentley in my top 3, his 17 clean sheets is superb and he is the best keeper we've had since Flavs during those back to back promotion campaigns.

Prosser. Totally consistent. The only leader we have. Puts his body in the line. Should be in the team now( yes we haven't conversed, but that's more luck than judgement imo). We missed him more than any other player who has not been available to play. The most obvious future captain. The most improved player. A far better player than many give him credit for

Totally this

By a country mile a player whose nigh-on faultless contribution week after week, in the most demanding role on the pitch, that of defending the back four, and still having time to push forward and score some fantastic goals and be the second highest goalscorer to date, is Leonard. I have to laugh when some say he has been poor since the Hull game. Why don't you take time to look at the match replays on Blues and you'll see exactly what I mean.

I would not knock any other contender, good luck to them all, but this one player more than anyone else has been so consistently good this season in whatever position he has been asked to play. But I accept that is only my opinion as a UEFA Coach.

1) Ben Coker
2) Ryan Leonard
3) Dan Bentley
4) Kevan Hurst
5) Luke Prosser
If Pross hadn't gone injured then he'd probably be higher up the rankings

Has to be Coker by a mile, Very consistent form all season, Always intense physically and mentally every game. Has always had a major influence on every game from the unfashionable position of left back. Always looking to get forward and ahead of the ball, passes an moves quickly, good recovery runs to get back behind the ball when possession is lost. Gives good cover and balance to the defensive shape. Would be a crime if he did not get it. One of our few who could play at a higher level.
God knows why Col U let him go.

Leonard
Bentley
Coker

Think had Egan or Jakub joined earlier in the season they could have walked it. Prosser is most improved along with Leonard but cannot believe people would pick him over Leonard, Bentley, Coker, Corr or even Hurst.

Leonard
Bentley
Coker

Think had Egan or Jakub joined earlier in the season they could have walked it. Prosser is most improved along with Leonard but cannot believe people would pick him over Leonard, Bentley, Coker, Corr or even Hurst.

Absolutely this.

Back