• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Cant split Lenny and Ben, so will wait for the final few games to decide.
Kevan Hurst has been underated this season by many on this board, and so far gets my vote for third.
Although Luke, Bazza and Daniel are still in the running for that third spot!

Hard choice IMO as all players have either had a little blip or missed out through injury. Leonard for me, with Coker a close second.

If Hurst wins it, I'll cry.

Hurt was same as last year, fantastic first half of season then fell away second half.

Leonard.
Prosser may have been in with a shout - without the injury.

Corr? I just do not get it. Yes he has been played as a lone man and it would be difficult for many. But failing dismally because of the system the manager asks you to play - is no reason to be considered for Player of the Year!

For me it's between 4 players. Daniel Bentley, Ben Coker, Ryan Leonard, and our engine in midfield Michael Timlin.

Defo NOT, Corr and other loanee's because it should be judged on whose played best consistently throughout season, not Corr whose let us down

Bentley - number of clean sheets says it all.
Lenny - close but no cigar
Coker - excellent consistency

Straker - most improved.

By a country mile a player whose nigh-on faultless contribution week after week, in the most demanding role on the pitch, that of defending the back four, and still having time to push forward and score some fantastic goals and be the second highest goalscorer to date, is Leonard. I have to laugh when some say he has been poor since the Hull game. Why don't you take time to look at the match replays on Blues and you'll see exactly what I mean.

I would not knock any other contender, good luck to them all, but this one player more than anyone else has been so consistently good this season in whatever position he has been asked to play. But I accept that is only my opinion as a UEFA Coach.

I have to agree. Leonard would get my vote by a country mile, followed by Prosser and Coker. Special mentions also to Bentley and Hurst who have done very well over the season, and White has been very consistent and a decent replacement for Clohessy.

i have been at uni for a lot of the year and have only seen a handful of games, but im surprised atkinson hasnt made anyones top 3/5. whenever ive seen him play he had been consistently solid, full of running, tackling and ability, whether he plays on the wing or in the middle. im not saying he should win, but im just a bit surprised at the lack of mentions. based on the games ive seen and feedback from family and friends, my winner is Sir Ryan Leonard, Closely followed by bentley and prosser

thought there would be a few on here crying out to give it to Williams , after all he nearly scored once :smile:

Back