• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Emergency stopper?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Flying Scotsman @ Nov. 08 2005,14:18)]Bart had an shocker against Barnet. The things he is supposed to be good at like coming from crosses he was terrible. How we kept a clean sheet I don't know! It certainly wasn't thanks to him. I'm not trying to stir or go fishing but the quicker Flavs gets back the better.
actually (apart from the one cross he missed) i thought he was excellent at crosses. Dominant and punched and caught everything well, the one he missed was a lack of judgement, he came far far too far for it when he didn't need to as Edwards was right there with the Barnet forward.

As for another keeper i think we need one, just on loan, the most worrying thing for me is that Griemink may not be totally match fit yet, we definatly need someone on the bench just incase the worst happens

[b said:
Quote[/b] (blues_r_best @ Nov. 08 2005,15:22)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Einstein @ Nov. 08 2005,15:21)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Flying Scotsman @ Nov. 08 2005,14:18)]Bart had an shocker against Barnet. The things he is supposed to be good at like coming from crosses he was terrible. How we kept a clean sheet I don't know! It certainly wasn't thanks to him. I'm not trying to stir or go fishing but the quicker Flavs gets back the better.
Not fishing either, however I'm surprised nothing has been said about his Barnet game till now!

He had an absolute shocker.  On the last two performance's he isn't even good enough to be our second choice goalkeeper.
Yet he kept 2 clean sheets.
Toddy, You would have kept 2 clean sheets in those games.

Bart misjudged 2 crosses not one on Saturday. The first was on the edge of the area, and although the forward got there first, the sight of Griemink launching himself at him was sufficient to put the forward off. The second was a fumble at the far post, which he recovered sufficiently for the ball to be cleared.

I would rather my keeper came for crosses even if he misjudges the odd one, than remained rooted to the goalline. If the keeper does misjudge it, there is still chance that the ref will either give a free-kick for someone breathing on the keeper, or the keeper may put the forward off sufficiently and win the goal kick. I think its no coincedence that we have started to keep clean sheets now the defence know that the keeper is going to come for crosses to relieve the pressure.

I thought defensively we looked as ragged as I've seen us for a long time. I actually think this was partly down to their lack of confidence in Bart. Given the option of dealing with it yourself or pasing it back to him to then clear, a lot of the time they would choose to do it themselves. Barts kicking on saturday was even worse than I remember it.

We should look at signing that Barnet keeper. He looks a good prospect and he's only 20.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (canveyshrimper @ Nov. 08 2005,15:09)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Lucas D @ Nov. 08 2005,14:27)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (canveyshrimper @ Nov. 08 2005,14:21)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Lucas D @ Nov. 08 2005,14:05)]are you forgetting that Bently can also play in Goal, apparantly he is pretty good.
And you are forgetting that he is injured,
No he isnt.
Oh yes he is.
Why do you think he has missed the last two games?
Regardless of the precise extent of Bentley's injury, we really do not want to be going into the match with an injured goalkeeper in the starting line up and an injured midfielder as his deputy.

We are a top of the table side, gate receipts will be well into 6 figures - this is not a time for false economy.

Get someone in on loan.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mick @ Nov. 08 2005,16:32)]We are a top of the table side, gate receipts will be well into 6 figures - this is not a time for false economy.

Get someone in on loan.
Very good point!!

FWIW - If Flavs had played as badly as Bart did on Saturday then no doubt a lot of you would have been going on about it, long before now.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Flying Scotsman @ Nov. 08 2005,16:45)]FWIW - If Flavs had played as badly as Bart did on Saturday then no doubt a lot of you would have been going on about it, long before now.
I didn't go to Barnet so can't comment on Bart's performance*, but you're almost certainly right there TFS.

*I probably would have stayed out either way. The Bart/Flavs debates invariably descend in to pettiness

Bart is a scary keeper. there are too many heart in mouth times with him for my liking!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hong Kong Blue @ Nov. 08 2005,15:37)]Bart misjudged 2 crosses not one on Saturday. The first was on the edge of the area, and although the forward got there first, the sight of Griemink launching himself at him was sufficient to put the forward off. The second was a fumble at the far post, which he recovered sufficiently for the ball to be cleared.
I didn't count the second one as a cross as it came at him chest height.
he fumbled it through his hands it bounced off his chest and went loose, he never jumped, or even moved much from the spot he was standing in.

If it was meant to be a cross by Barnet it was appauling it looked more like an attempt to score in the right hand side of the goal that was just quite poor (like most of their shooting all afternoon)

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Kim Mitten @ Nov. 08 2005,17:54)]If it was meant to be a cross by Barnet it was appauling it looked more like an attempt to score in the right hand side of the goal that was just quite poor (like most of their shooting all afternoon)
That doesn't mean that Bart's ****-up was any better. I really thought he'd cost us a goal. I really don't know how he's kept two clean sheets
rock.gif

'cos he's the Bartman. A legend.

2 games ... over 180 minutes ... no goals conceded. I've never had any concerns over the last 2 games at all!

cool.gif

Well, Ok. I tell a fib. A little white lie. But you can't argue with the facts.

Bart > Darryl

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimp_on_the_wing2003 @ Nov. 08 2005,17:37)]Bart is a scary keeper. there are too many heart in mouth times with him for my liking!
Am I the only one whose heart is in their mouth every time a cross or corner comes in when Flahavan is rooted to his line?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (bring-back-N'Diaye @ Nov. 08 2005,22:49)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimp_on_the_wing2003 @ Nov. 08 2005,17:37)]Bart is a scary keeper. there are too many heart in mouth times with him for my liking!
Am I the only one whose heart is in their mouth every time a cross or corner comes in when Flahavan is rooted to his line?
maybe, but i bet he doesnt give you as many heart in your mouth moments as bart!

We're doin the business up front, and so long as we have a strong defence and a keeper I dont think it matters if it is Bart or Flavs.

I'm not entering into the Bart>Flavs and vive versa argument - I dont feel either of them have let us down at all- what does really concern me ( but obviously not Tilly n Brush ) is playing game after game with NO SUB GOALIE on the bench !! I think its tempting fate , and could be very costly , just dont understand it, I know a few teams do it but it feels too risky ...... ?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimp_on_the_wing2003 @ Nov. 08 2005,22:55)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (bring-back-N'Diaye @ Nov. 08 2005,22:49)]
[b said:
maybe, but i bet he doesnt give you as many heart in your mouth moments as bart!
Well thats a rather stupid bet to enter considering I've already said my heart is in my mouth every time a cross or corner comes in with Flahavan in goal.

Back