• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

No mention of Trust, the French rock band? Not really a surprise, they were bloody awful. They once supported Iron Maiden in the very early 80's when Paul Dianno was the frontman. What the hell possessed Ed Force One to even consider them as a support band is something I'll never know.

Ludovico Einaudi from Italy. Music used most famously on the This Is England series.
The Radio Dept from Sweden. Dream Pop music.
Daft Punk from France. Obvious.

HIM (Finland), Pussy Riot (Russia), Royksopp (Norway), Sondre Lerche (Norway), Jaga Jazzist (Norway), The Knife (Sweden), Jens Lekman (Sweden), First Aid Kit (Sweden), Peter, Bjorn & John (Sweden), Robyn (Sweden), Efterklang (Denmark), Mew (Denmark), Air (France), The Raveonettes (Denmark), Refused (Sweden),

A quick trawl through my iPod turned up some more...

Germany - Wolfgang Voigt, Moritz Von Oswald, Basic Channel, Ash Ra Tempel
Greece - Aphrodite's Child (with Demis Roussos on bass of course!)
Iceland - Olafur Arnalds
France - Air, Colleen
Italy - Goblin
Estonia - Arvo Part
Norway - Lindstrøm

Nonsense.Los Bravos Black is black was all right.

My kids quite like La Oreja de Van Gogh too.Can't say I'm a fan myself though.

Ha! Knew you'd bite.

Seriously though, when I was growing up in Spain, any time a song by a Spanish artist came on the radio, it was time to switch over.

From the early 1970s, those Dutch boys with sh*t lyrics but great tunes ... Focus. Whoops, just seen Mad Cyril beat me to it. Whoops #2 - and Crabby Shrimper too! Don't think anyone has mentioned Nene from West Germany though? Red Balloons, 1984 - a number one, wasn't it? Hmmm.

Drastic™;1529450 said:
HIM (Finland), Pussy Riot (Russia), Royksopp (Norway), Sondre Lerche (Norway), Jaga Jazzist (Norway), The Knife (Sweden), Jens Lekman (Sweden), First Aid Kit (Sweden), Peter, Bjorn & John (Sweden), Robyn (Sweden), Efterklang (Denmark), Mew (Denmark), Air (France), The Raveonettes (Denmark), Refused (Sweden),

HIM,now thats what i call bad memories of seeing them live and being the oldest person there by about 30 years,the things you do for your kids eh.

Iceland - Olafur Arnalds
France - Air, Colleen
Italy - Goblin
Estonia - Arvo Part
Norway - Lindstrøm

Great call, Nah und Fern is one of my favourite ambient albums.

Iceland - Olafur Arnalds
France - Air, Colleen
Italy - Goblin
Estonia - Arvo Part
Norway - Lindstrøm
Arvo Part - the 'Cantus for Benjamin Britten' or the 'sound of things falling down' as I like to think of it, is my fav classical choon ever. AND his music soundtracks 'Dead Man's Shoes' which is my fav Brit flick. Good call.

Sweden - Steve Angelo, Axwell, Sebastian Ingroso (ie The Swedish House Mafia), Eric Prydz
France - David Guetta, Daft Punk, Laurant Garnier, Martin Solveig
Holland - Tiesto, Afrojack, Fedde Le Grande, Hardwell

Its fair to say the above 3 countries produce a good share of DJ's/Producers!

Oui Oui (Michel Gondry's band, France). Anybody mentioned Falco (Austria) yet? They did Rock Me Amadeus.

Sweden - Steve Angelo, Axwell, Sebastian Ingroso (ie The Swedish House Mafia), Eric Prydz
France - David "im a massive ****" Guetta, Daft Punk, Laurant Garnier, Martin Solveig
Holland - Tiesto, Afrojack, Fedde Le Grande, Hardwell

Its fair to say the above 3 countries produce a good share of DJ's/Producers!
Thats better....

We up for a battle then? If so I bag Germany :thumbsup:

Remember no UK and I forbid Abba on the basis it's like picking Sarah Beeney in the Totty Cup. :winking:

Back