• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Faith Schools

To pray or not to pray

• Undecided like a agnostic sitting on a fence....

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
It's a sin isn't it according to the Bible?

The RC Church teaches homosexual acts are a sin, being homosexual isn't. You are just expected to live a celibate life. I teach the party line but remind students that "God is love", our church is founded on reconciliation and you have to decide for yourself who your God will let in, and shut out, of heaven.

The RC Church teaches homosexual acts are a sin, being homosexual isn't. You are just expected to live a celibate life. I teach the party line but remind students that "God is love", our church is founded on reconciliation and you have to decide for yourself who your God will let in, and shut out, of heaven.
some players believe that scoring goals is a sin but being a striker isn't.
I'm trying to make light because I like you Mr Pickle but for the church to say gayers can't have their fun is enough reason for me to discount the church's stance on everything else.

who your God will let in, and shut out, of heaven.

Which reminds me of the Irish bloke who seeking confession with his priest asks what he has to do to get into the Kingdom of Heaven.

The priest says "You should give up tobacco, alcohol and sex for one month, and you'll be assured of admittance to Heaven."

He says "Thanks Father, i'll do that and eport back in a month."

A month goes by and the man arrives for his confession, and says "Father I can tell you for a month I have not had tobacco, and nor has a drop of alcohol passed my lips, and up until Friday afternoon, I'd not had sex at all."

The priest said "What happened on Friday?"

"Well" the man responded "I saw the wife bent over the freezer, the sight of her stocking tops and blue serge knickers were more than flesh and blood could stand, and I did the deed."

"I'm sorry" said the priest "but you will be banned from Heaven"

"That's not all I'm also banned from Sainsbury's"

I teach the party line but remind students that "God is love", our church is founded on reconciliation and you have to decide for yourself who your God will let in, and shut out, of heaven.

Celestial North Korea again.....an all powerful, other worldly force making value judgements on people's lives while also claiming to have created those same flaws (presumably by mistake?) Do you also believe in Harry Potter?

Im 100% atheist and would never send my kids to a faith school as I dont want them beaten by evil nuns. (That ones for you Pickled:) )

In all seriousness, Ive always been atheist and have not had my kids christened, if they choose to believe at some point in their lives then thats their choice but one they can make for themselves. When I talk to them about religion and God I never tell them (yet) that I dont believe in it but that "some people believe that Jesus did x/y/z" etc

I however did take Religious Education at O-level as whilst I dont believe in god I do find the subject interesting. I think even more so since 9/11 that education of religions and improved understanding of other peoples beliefs are important. I dont however put it on my CV as dont want people to think Im religious at interviews....

School is for education, Church etc is for religion.

Totally opposed to religion in school. So many better things to be learning that someone's views on how the world should be run. I did religious studies at school which was compulsory as my school was 80% Asian and it was the biggest waste of time. Learnt nothing worth knowing would have learnt more working in school canteen.

Back