• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sean 2

Director
You all thought it would be another shambles.Watching Hooper run into space past the last man,rushing towards the goal only to see the ball bounce off his knee and roll out:(Then he goes out on loan and can't stop scoring,typical!
Well,looks like he's off.
Another one who we won't have to endure with his in and out form is Gower cos he's gone too.Great on his day but when the team wasn't firing then he certainly wasn't.
No more holding your breath as the ball gets floated high towards the back stick towards the onrushing massive striker,'cos Flavs has done a runner and now we have a dominant giant to fend off any danger.
Won't have to pray Charlie Mac can turn the game around when he comes on as sub only to see everything he does as "not quite" and mumble to yourself *shame,i like Macdonald*.Nope,looks like he's a gonner too.

We've still got Bailey who no-one has bidded for yet,as with Clarkey so no movement there then.Wolves are taking the mickey with the fee for Mulgrew and seeing as he's turned down Swindon things are looking positive for us there,a sensible fee now perhaps McCarthy??

Got some decent youngsters in the squad who will make decent back-up now,all are hungry for success and have been with us a fair while now.Moussa for example continues good progress.

Some fantastic experience with the signing of Furlong,i bet he'll wanna prove amongst all those kids that he's got the legs for the show still,even if his brain is 5 paces in front of anyone else at the club.

I could go on,but there is a great nucleus there already,just needs adding to with a few key positions and we'll be ticking nicely.

Still believe nobody will want to play us in the league,especially after our second half of the season showing last time and that we'll be more solid throughout the side.
We have the management and the nucleus of a promotion winning team,let's give 'em our support now to turn us into title winners.

Come on you Blues!!

Great post. I think if we can add say 5 good players, I think we will have a decent squad which can vie for promotion. A squad of -

Mildenhall
* Reserve 'keeper

* Mulgrew
Herd
Barrett
Clarky
Sankofa
Franny
* Centre Half

Scannell
Bails
Macca
Moose
* Winger
* Winger

Barney
Red Rum
Walker
Furlong

should be good enough for play offs at least

Great post. I think if we can add say 5 good players, I think we will have a decent squad which can vie for promotion. A squad of -

Mildenhall
* Reserve 'keeper

* Mulgrew
Herd
Barrett
Clarky
Sankofa
Franny
* Centre Half

Scannell
Bails
Macca
Moose
* Winger
* Winger

Barney
Red Rum
Walker
Furlong

There you go,put it on paper like that and you realise a great team coming together nicely!
Looking forward to a pre-season shock this time around though,perhaps one of the yoofies turning in some great performances in the freindlies while they can get a game,thus making them undroppable for the serious stuff in a few weeks.Would love to see that.

Mods, can we have this moved to dreamboat forum?

Maybe we could have a 'The whole world is an utter disaster as it isn't run exactly how I wish, and this depresses me immensly' forum for Wiggy and her chums?

:support:

Last edited:

Mildenhall
* Reserve 'keeper

* Mulgrew
Herd
Barrett
Clarky
Sankofa
Franny
* Centre Half

Scannell
Bails
Macca
Moose
* Winger
* Winger

Barney
Red Rum
Walker
Furlong

I keep seeing people say we need a reserve keeper, whats wrong with Clark Masters as the reserve keeper

I still think another striker is needed, with Barneys injury problems and Furlongs age.

Back