• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

FC - Season 24

83 run ongoing partnership gets me to 233-6. Still need to improve batting. This is Sunny. Hoping for weather changes. They have a couple of decent bats that could prove tricky. No batting to come after this. 3 bat points is a stretch so I'll take 260

Mrs BB closing in on a one day victory.

Bishop Floggers v DIBS DIPPERS

Bishop Floggers won the toss and elected to bat.
Pitch: cracked

End of Over 11 (5 runs). Bishop Floggers: 9-8, runrate=0.82 (1st Inn: 21-10)
Trail by 337 runs. (DIBS DIPPERS 367-2 dec)
Overs remaining today: 19
Stevens 6-5-5-4
Newton* 5 (11 balls)
Tait 0 (9 balls)
Last Wicket: Motlalepula b. Thaleratne 0 (FOW: 4/8)

:'(

End of Over 26 (Maiden). ShrimperZone CC: 49-7, runrate=1.88
Trail by 311 runs. (Nadouessioux Akíchita 360-4 dec)
van de Maat 4-2-2-1
Udayakumar* 0 (3 balls)
Graham 0 (4 balls)
Last Wicket: Sinethemba lbw b. van de Maat 8 (FOW: 49/7)

Painful! We beat them at the back end of last season in OD and my batting is stronger now!

End of Over 5 (Maiden). ShrimperZone CC: 3-1, runrate=0.60 (1st Inn: 59-10)
Trail by 298 runs. (Nadouessioux Akíchita 360-4)
Overs left today: 96
Thatcher 3-2-1-0
Guneratne* 0 (2 balls)
Gilligan 1 (15 balls)

Last Wicket: Ahsamuddin b. Mccullum 2 (FOW: 3/1)

Another tight battle for me, with a fairly low score of 241 myself, and them currently 189-5

Painful! We beat them at the back end of last season in OD and my batting is stronger now!

End of Over 5 (Maiden). ShrimperZone CC: 3-1, runrate=0.60 (1st Inn: 59-10)
Trail by 298 runs. (Nadouessioux Akíchita 360-4)
Overs left today: 96
Thatcher 3-2-1-0
Guneratne* 0 (2 balls)
Gilligan 1 (15 balls)

Last Wicket: Ahsamuddin b. Mccullum 2 (FOW: 3/1)

Just seen your result.....Crumbs....Is all I can say!

Just seen your result.....Crumbs....Is all I can say!
Got a mail from Simon as he disputed what I'd said on sledging about the vast difference between the OD and FC games. He has no doubt strengthened and the pitch and conditions were certainly bowler friendly but it was still a pretty remarkable swing to lose 20 wickets for 170 runs! Albeit I did go VA today to ensure a two day defeat so I can save PFL get a friendly tomorrow.

Bottom line though is he has a pretty awesome team at the moment. Makes sense what he said about wanting to promote in both formats at the same time, I was just unlucky to end up in both of his leagues!

At least I don't have to play him for a while now!!

Got a mail from Simon as he disputed what I'd said on sledging about the vast difference between the OD and FC games. He has no doubt strengthened and the pitch and conditions were certainly bowler friendly but it was still a pretty remarkable swing to lose 20 wickets for 170 runs! Albeit I did go VA today to ensure a two day defeat so I can save PFL get a friendly tomorrow.

Bottom line though is he has a pretty awesome team at the moment. Makes sense what he said about wanting to promote in both formats at the same time, I was just unlucky to end up in both of his leagues!

At least I don't have to play him for a while now!!

My mate feels the same. I've crammed my team with overly qualified players for the league I am in and he has almost no chance of promotion success this season. I play him next in the FC games after the first round of BT20 games and boy am I looking forward to it.....He is going to get a lot of emails over that 3 day period!

End of Over 55 (1 run). Napster's XI: 131-6, runrate=2.38 (1st Inn: 119-10)
Trail by 100 runs. (Northallerton Town 350-10)
Overs left today: 4
Rowland 10-1-24-1
Lamacq* 16 (13 balls)
Atherton 0 (16 balls)
Last Wicket: Arrowsmith c. van Blerk b. Childs 32 (FOW: 117/6)

Bugger.

Franchise doing some bot bashing

End of Over 36 (1 run). Ummagumma: 45-9, runrate=1.25
Trail by 491 runs. (Nappers 2nd 536-10)
Overs left today: 79
Walwyn 8-5-4-0
Pertab* 2 (5 balls)
Staff 0 (3 balls)
Last Wicket: McWatt b. Rossouw 2 (FOW: 44/9)

Heading towards either a draw or a defeat... victory looks highly unlikely

All three results possible, but still a defeat or draw most likely. The only way i can see me winning is if stamina hits, as their team is getting on a bit... but that would probably be more of a factor should i have played them in 4 or 5 weeks time!

End of Over 7 (2 runs). Silly Mid-Offs: 24-2, runrate=3.43 (1st Inn: 300-10)
Trail by 128 runs. (N-Trance shire 241-10 & 211-10)
Overs left today: 40
Nurse 4-0-13-2
Gammon* 15 (22 balls)
De beer 5 (8 balls)

Last Wicket: Pitcher c. Ridgway b. Nurse 1 (FOW: 15/2)

My franchise has just won with 2 overs to spare!

That was a bit tighter than I imagined.

Back