• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Films that you really looked forward too but were total let downs.

DTS

The Business
Yesterday after a spot of lunch with my mate "The Pilot" and our respective Mrs, Mrs DtS and I decided that we would get a DVD to rid ourselves of the bordem that is Sunday afternoon TV.

I have been desperate to see Zodiac - A film a bout the San Francisco area Zodiac Killer dating back to the late 70's.

Sadly there was no copies in stock but knowing how much I wanted to see this film Mrs DtS made the spotty teenage assitant look through the returns bin. Much to my joy it was there and we decided this was the film for us.

We settled down on the sofa with a packet of nuts and some spicy french sausage for the blockbuster ahead.

What followed was 3 hours of the most pointless TV I have ever seen. There is basically no real gore, limited plot and no end to the story despite the fact its based on a true story. Needless to say I was gutted.

Anyone else seen this shocker? Have you been badly let down by a film?

I don't think anything can top " The Blair Witch Project" for a complete let down and waste of space.

Last edited:
bummer... ive heard that it's really good.

i was quite disappointed with transformers... it was stuck between a kids film, a teen comedy and an uber-geek comic film and it just didn't work whatsoever. the fighting was quality but the acting, script and lack of gore (it was a 12) just meant it was childish and lame but not even a kids film because of the stupid teen jokes in it

bummer... ive heard that it's really good.

i was quite disappointed with transformers... it was stuck between a kids film, a teen comedy and an uber-geek comic film and it just didn't work whatsoever. the fighting was quality but the acting, script and lack of gore (it was a 12) just meant it was childish and lame but not even a kids film because of the stupid teen jokes in it

It will never beat the 1985 animated film!!!!!!!!!!!!!! superb!!!!!

Would it not be easier to list the Hollywood films that actually lived up to their hype?

The Flying Scotsman, maybe I had too high expectations for the film but a lot of it bore no resemblance to the real true-life story!

Would it not be easier to list the Hollywood films that actually lived up to their hype?

:p

Very much so....
Most 'big' films get hyped up by the studios so much that they'd never be able to live up to the excitement generated even if they were the greatest film of all time!

Animal Farm - really enjoyed the book but the film was just full of sex with animals.

You could see the ending coming a mile off.

Always one to laugh at my sister-in-law, she got up at the end of Romeo & Juliet, in tears, and proclaimed rather loudly across the emptying auditorium; "Nooooooooo, it just can't end like that!!!"

Muppet!!!

Star Wars 1-3... I know I've banged on about it a hundred times but they are absolute poo.

Pirates Of The Carribean. The list of the sh1te that Hollywood churns out is endless.

Star Wars 1-3... I know I've banged on about it a hundred times but they are absolute poo.

Pirates Of The Carribean. The list of the sh1te that Hollywood churns out is endless.

the pirates films are mindless entertainment and very enjoyable in my book.

agreed with the star wars films kinda, they aren't great but i think the original ones were just average. the only reason people love them is that they grew up with them and they were the best hollywood could produce at the time.

blair witch project for me was the worse let down. even tho i ain't a horror fan i actually fell asleep in the cinema!

Ah, not always true Mr. Napster.

Godfather 2 was vastly better than the original. Aliens was superior to Alien. Superman 2 better than 1..... Spiderman 2 better than 1.

Back