• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Films you've watched recently.

There is one still at large who got away with a diamond worth £1m plus cash if the film is to be believed. Although I'm sure the actors combined wages top that

I bet it is small change compared tow what Ray "bet in play naaah" Winstone trousers touting gambling firms.

operation finale on Netflix

true story about how the Israeli jews found Adolf Eichmann in Argentina and got him back to Israel for trial. Ben Kingsley is Eichmann. Decent watch 8/10

true story about how the Israeli jews found Adolf Eichmann in Argentina and got him back to Israel for trial. Ben Kingsley is Eichmann. Decent watch 8/10

I seem to remember another film about that but it's name escapes me.

Venom - Another film I probably wouldn't have watched if it wasn't for my limitless membership. Glad I did with this one though, very enjoyable. More of a sci-fi than the usual Marvel super hero film and quite funny in places. I do like Tom Hardy too. 8/10

SO...........a frenchman CAN make a western! Went to see Jacques Audiard's 'The Sisters Brothers.' this evening. Really enjoyed it........thoughtful and philosophical tale, well worth the visit.

Riz Ahmed also features in the film 'Venom' mentioned above.

Whooops! sorry about that, for some strange reason the above film doesn't come out in the UK until April 5th next year! Well, i have left you a trailer to whet your appetite until then! :Smile: Swings and roundabouts...........the Coen Brothers latest (The Ballad of Buster Scruggs) premiered a couple of days ago at the London Film Festival.........in France, we have to wait until next month.

Last edited:
Saw Todos Lo Saben (Everybody knows) earlier.Psychological thriller with Bardem and Penelope Cruz.Not much more than a showcase for them really.Though tbf it was well acted and directed.

watched this last night and thought it was ok. Isaac and Kingsley were great (unsurprisingly) but given the story and subject matter I thought it was put together in a pretty bog standard way and compared to similar films (Argo/Bridge of Spies etc) and was a bit flat.

will give it 6/10

watched this last night and thought it was ok. Isaac and Kingsley were great (unsurprisingly) but given the story and subject matter I thought it was put together in a pretty bog standard way and compared to similar films (Argo/Bridge of Spies etc) and was a bit flat.

will give it 6/10

I can see where you are coming from, but I thought Kingsley's performance was so strong it made the film very enjoyable. There was potential for more, I agree. I wasn't a big fan of Argo though.

Hacksaw Ridge - On Netflix, very good true story about a conscientious objector who still wanted to serve his country. Ended up being a medic carrying no arms. A lot more to it but don't want to spoil it. Good story, good build up and character establishment and some epic and horrifying battle scenes. Would highly recommend 9/10

Hacksaw Ridge - On Netflix, very good true story about a conscientious objector who still wanted to serve his country. Ended up being a medic carrying no arms. A lot more to it but don't want to spoil it. Good story, good build up and character establishment and some epic and horrifying battle scenes. Would highly recommend 9/10

Absolutely love that film. By far the best war film, Mel Gibson said there was certain stories he had to leave out because they were that crazy no one would’ve believed they’re true.

A film I didn't watch - yesterday, I thought I introduce MK Jnr to The Goonies (PG). I haven't seen it in an age, so reading up on IMDB, it certaintly doesn't look suitable for a 7yr old, what with threats of hand amputation, liberal swearing and a fair bit of sexual innuendo - it sounds more like a 12.

Where the 80's a less rigid time for film classification? I remember thinking the same about Ghostbusters.

A film I didn't watch - yesterday, I thought I introduce MK Jnr to The Goonies (PG). I haven't seen it in an age, so reading up on IMDB, it certaintly doesn't look suitable for a 7yr old, what with threats of hand amputation, liberal swearing and a fair bit of sexual innuendo - it sounds more like a 12.

Where the 80's a less rigid time for film classification? I remember thinking the same about Ghostbusters.

Goonies came out in 1985, 12 certificate in 1989. So it was PG or 15.

It might just be you.

Goonies came out in 1985, 12 certificate in 1989. So it was PG or 15.

It might just be you.

12 certificate in 2004 according to IMDB, PG in both cinema & VHS release in 85 & 86. So if you ask me the BBFC weren't as rigorous in the 80s despite the moral panic over video nasties.

12 certificate in 2004 according to IMDB, PG in both cinema & VHS release in 85 & 86. So if you ask me the BBFC weren't as rigorous in the 80s despite the moral panic over video nasties.

I mean, the 12 certificate was only introduced in 1989, so Goonies couldn't have been a 12 anyway.

Back