• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Films you've watched recently.

Erm.....is the film not a version of this then? :Think:

s-l500.jpg

Er no....try Louisa May Alcott?

Watched Wind River that we'd recorded on Ch4 Thursday gone - excellent, if uncomfortable watch. The film was highlighting the problem of Native American women who're raped and/or murdered that go unrecorded. As if the indigenous population hadn't been $hat on enough in the past, to see the final credit state "....that missing-persons statistics are kept for every demographic group except for Native American women, whose numbers remain unknown" was an eye-opener.

Watched Wind River that we'd recorded on Ch4 Thursday gone - excellent, if uncomfortable watch. The film was highlighting the problem of Native American women who're raped and/or murdered that go unrecorded. As if the indigenous population hadn't been $hat on enough in the past, to see the final credit state "....that missing-persons statistics are kept for every demographic group except for Native American women, whose numbers remain unknown" was an eye-opener.

Watched that a week or so back and found it somewhat disturbing viewing. Hardly surprising such things happen in the good 'ol US of A though.

Saw this last week as well, tbh I had never seen it but checked the score on IMBD and thought I would give it a go.

Thought it was really good as well, and my wife watched the whole film which is very unusual.

Their were two “stupid” bits though,I don’t know how to do the spoiler thing so I will be vague. The main character didn’t pose the obvious question regarding his own daughter. And the FBI agent’s reaction and subsequent actions when the security guard named the victim.

But those two points aside excellent film,

Bad times at the El Royale. Quentin Tarantino meets Agatha Christie (completely my own words, and in no way stolen from an article I read online about it the other week :Whistling:) but a very good film.

Emma is on at the moment, so that could be where the mix up is, possibly?

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9214832/

That IS the one I'm talking about! Bloody people winding me up!

Edit - Just re-read things properly, I thought @Pubey had said he'd seen Emma, not Little Women. I've read that book a dozen times and enjoyed it, it's one of those I don't want to ruin by seeing yet another film version.

Apologies people, as you were! :Blush:

Last edited:
1917....beyond words. Possibly the best film I've ever seen, it'll stay with me for weeks.

Really? I didn’t think it was all that. The way it was filmed was excellent but as war films go there are far better out there.

1917 was massively overrated.

Parasite on the other hand wasn’t. Absolutely amazing

I totally and utterly disagree. Despite being set in WW1 it's not a war film as such. IMHO it is absolutely stunning on every level and I've never been in a cinema where the audience (and there were a lot or varying ages) where deathly silent when the film ended. It affected me on a level that films very rarely do.

I can't wait to see Parasite (it was a date night toss-up) but it'll have to go some to beat 1917.

Last edited:
1917 was massively overrated.

Parasite on the other hand wasn’t. Absolutely amazing

Please explain why you thought Parasite was "amazing." I certainly liked the anti-capitalist critique presented in the first hour of the film.But the last half an hour or so (after and including the party scene) was just absurd,

You're wrong about 1917 too but MKS has already pointed out why.

Back