• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Films you've watched recently.

Saw !977's The Goodbye Girl again last night.Enjoyable rom-com.What happened to Richard Dreyfuss's subsequent career is adequate testimony to the dangers of cocaine

you mean the various nominations for Mr. Holland's Opus; The Day Reagan Was Shot; The Education of Max Bickford; The Old Man Who Read Love Stories

and great films such as
Whose Life Is It Anyway?
Rosencrantz & Guildenstern Are Dead
What about Bob
The American President
W
Postcards from the Edge
Stakeout
Tin Men
Nuts

etc etc.

I don't think he's had a bad run.

you mean the various nominations for Mr. Holland's Opus; The Day Reagan Was Shot; The Education of Max Bickford; The Old Man Who Read Love Stories

and great films such as
Whose Life Is It Anyway?
Rosencrantz & Guildenstern Are Dead
What about Bob
The American President
W
Postcards from the Edge
Stakeout
Tin Men
Nuts

etc etc.

I don't think he's had a bad run.

Depends whether you're talking about quality or quantity I suppose.Give me American Grafitti or The Goodye Girl to any of the films you mention.

Was flicking through Netflix with mum and dad and we decided on 365 days. Obviously not knowing what it actually included. That was an interesting watch ?:Blush:

Little Fockers, which was better I thought than Meet the Fockers. Great casting as well.
Last night, Bad Grandpa which was terrible, (off after 20 mins), then the Family, (De Niro/Pfeiffer/Lee Jones), which had a great cast, but it just felt a bit off - plot was all over the place, but some bits of good humour, and a few decent action pieces.

Black Mama White Mama (1973)
Blaxploitation film starring Pam Grier, about 2 escaped female prisoners from very different backgrounds (one a hooker, the other a freedom fighter) who are trying to avoid re-capture whilst chained together at the wrist. Lots of violence, guns, tits - great fun! The new scan looks absolutely amazing on Blu-ray too. 7/10

Black Narcissus (1947)
Psychological drama from The Archers, made in glorious Technicolor between A Matter of Life & Death and The Red Shoes (and easily as good as both of those - high praise indeed). A small group of nuns lead by Deborah Kerr are invited to set up a school and hospital in a remote valley in the Himalayas and following a bright start things get pretty dark. As you'd expect from Powell, Pressburger and Jack Cardiff it looks absolutely stunning and fantastic performances from the whole ensemble drive the movie to its dramatic conclusion. Wonderful stuff. 9.5/10

Black Narcissus (1947)
Psychological drama from The Archers, made in glorious Technicolor between A Matter of Life & Death and The Red Shoes (and easily as good as both of those - high praise indeed). A small group of nuns lead by Deborah Kerr are invited to set up a school and hospital in a remote valley in the Himalayas and following a bright start things get pretty dark. As you'd expect from Powell, Pressburger and Jack Cardiff it looks absolutely stunning and fantastic performances from the whole ensemble drive the movie to its dramatic conclusion. Wonderful stuff. 9.5/10

Jack Cardiff did the photography on my dads film. Way ahead of his time.

Back