• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Films you've watched recently.

I probably like Westerns (since I grew up with them) a lot more than what you call "French noir rubbish"

I'm pleased for you and i'm pleased my favourite Western is not the same as yours.....I did read somewhere that The Good the Bad and the Ugly is Quentin Tarantino's favourite film of all time. You can certainly see it in his own films like Reservoir Dogs.

I watched Pulp Fiction the other night as it just happened to come on. Still as good as it always has been and right up as a personal fav of mine.

I'm pleased for you and i'm pleased my favourite Western is not the same as yours.....I did read somewhere that The Good the Bad and the Ugly is Quentin Tarantino's favourite film of all time. You can certainly see it in his own films like Reservoir Dogs.

I watched Pulp Fiction the other night as it just happened to come on. Still as good as it always has been and right up as a personal fav of mine.

Pulp fiction is indeed a great film.Personally I'm not so keen on the rest of Tarantino's cinematic output.

Pulp fiction is indeed a great film.Personally I'm not so keen on the rest of Tarantino's cinematic output.
Hmm, probably another thread entirely, for me it’s three films that were great, the rest .. not so much. My 3 ..
1. Pulp Fiction
2. Reservoir Dogs
3. Kill Bill vol 1

Anyone disagree?

Pulp Fiction and Resevoir Dogs looks about right. I would choose True Romance even though he didn't direct.

The problem with Kill Bill and despite some great scenes was it was to drawn out and i don't know about you but right from the start I had guessed that Bill would die in the end.

His best work keeps you guessing. I actually liked Dust till Dawn as its the only Horror film i've watched in the last 30 years. Its also the only time Tarantino has been convincing as an actor.

Hmm, probably another thread entirely, for me it’s three films that were great, the rest .. not so much. My 3 ..
1. Pulp Fiction
2. Reservoir Dogs
3. Kill Bill vol 1

Anyone disagree?

I rather liked the last Tarantino (about the Tate murders) with Brad Pitt .Thought that was well done.Never bothered with Kill Bill.Not a great fan of RD's either.

Pulp Fiction and Resevoir Dogs looks about right. I would choose True Romance even though he didn't direct.

The problem with Kill Bill and despite some great scenes was it was to drawn out and i don't know about you but right from the start I had guessed that Bill would die in the end.

His best work keeps you guessing. I actually liked Dust till Dawn as its the only Horror film i've watched in the last 30 years. Its also the only time Tarantino has been convincing as an actor.
I always thought dusk till dawn felt like a different director came in half way thru.
I liked the first half, second half I will pass

Whiplash (Amazon)
VERY good , you can see why JK Simmons got an Oscar. Four of us watched it and all enjoyed it. Very clever ending.

True Romance is a great film.

Another Tarantino linked film I love is Killing Zoe.

its the only Horror film i've watched in the last 30 years.

So many good horror films in the last 30 years - just a few below which I think you'll enjoy.

American Psycho
Event Horizon
The Descent
The Silence of the Lambs
REC
The Mist
28 Days Later
The Orphanage
Eden Lake

Back