• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Films you've watched recently.

Just watched the Collymore Collection again on DVD.That's how I prefer to remember Stan.Absolutely wonderful player for us in the 92/3 season.Still remember the first time I saw him play (away at Bristol Rovers at Bath city's ground just before Xmas).Knew we'd got ourselves a special player that day.Also made the trip back for our 5th round FA Cup game at Sheff.Wed that season.As Nobler said the goal that Stan"scored" in that game really shouldn't have been ruled out for offside.

Not a film but I'm on the second season of Vikings. Pretty good so far, not fantastic but I think I've pretty much watched everything on Netflix, Amazon Prime, Apple TV, Disney Plus, Sky Cinema so I was at a loose end.

Something I highly recommend is 'See' on Apple TV (you can get a months free trial). Only one season consisting of 10 episodes but it was bloody brilliant! I believe there's a second season coming out quite soon.

Also Superstore on Netflix (6th season on sky now), love that programme, sad it's just ended.

Also randomly came across regular TV showing Con Air & Catch me if you can recently, forgot how much I loved those films.

Con Air is one of my favourite films. Love Steve Buscemi as Garland Greene, a perfectly played role.

Does the new dealer feel lucky?..............Yes, yes he does!

Saw El Olvido El Seremos (Forgotten we'll be aka Oblivion) by Spanish director Fernando Trueba yesterday.Apparently this film is Colombia's entry for the Cannes festival this year.It deals with Doctor Abad who was assinated in Medellin in 1987.Excellent film and well worth looking out for when it gets an English release presumably next year.

Just watched Army of the Dead (new out on Netflix), the special effects were very good, the acting however :Thumbs down:

Give it a miss, you won't be missing much.

Saw Alan.J.Pakula's 1971's Klute again yesterday with Jane Fonda* and Donald Sutherland. Excellent film noire thriller. (Ironically saw or rather heard JF* just 2 years later at S.F.'s Glide Church in California with Grumpy Blue.Those were very different times, with the Black Panthers on security at the door, while Hanoi Jane held forth from the balcony on a documentary she'd shot while in N.Vietnam).

Inhuman Resoures, a French drama with none other than Eric Cantona in a lead role. I thought it was very good, only one season but has left its self nicely placed for a follow up. Worth watching.

Saw My Salinger Year with Sigourney Weaver ealier.I actually liked it despite reading a couple of critical reviews.Maybe it helped that I'd read the memoir on which the film is faithfully based,a few years back.

Last edited:
Back