• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Films you've watched recently.

I saw this yesterday at The Curzon Bloomsbury and it was dreadful!
images

'Belfast' - quite moving. Set at the start of 'The Troubles' and seen through the eyes of nine year old Buddy just when it all starts hotting up in a mainly Protestant area of the city. Some great performances, not least from young Jude Hill, who plays Buddy. Also, a fine soundtrack featuring the music of a former resident of East Belfast, George Ivan Morrison.

Munich - The edge of war (Netflix) Stars George Mackay (1917) and Jeremy Irons. Set in Munich, it follows the discussions between Neville Chamberlain and Adolf Hitler with a sub plot of Mackay trying to convince Irons that Hitler is not to be believed. Very well acted and very tense all the way through. Based on a Novel by Robert Harris. 8/10

Good film and cast.

My Son (Amazon Prime). Great cast (James McAvoy and Claire Foy) and equally stunning filming location (Highlands)?

Edge of your seat stuff, you know when you're watching a great film when your heart is pounding.

"Nightmare Alley" (Neo Noir) which was inspired by "Double Indemnity" and "Freaks".....A new release NOT to be missed.

Copshop (Amazon).

The plot, it's set in America, they all have guns and kill each other.......... THE END.

Good film and cast.
Munich - The edge of war (Netflix) Stars George Mackay (1917) and Jeremy Irons. Set in Munich, it follows the discussions between Neville Chamberlain and Adolf Hitler with a sub plot of Mackay trying to convince Irons that Hitler is not to be believed. Very well acted and very tense all the way through. Based on a Novel by Robert Harris. 8/10

That went straight to streaming here without a cinema release.Sad but the way of the world I suppose.

Not a film, but I guess a series of mini films I've seen a few times over and over

'Band of brothers' .. a superb watch!
Band of Brothers is still revolutionary today, 20 years after it was first broadcast, in my view. Some fantastic cinematography and acting, not least from some real British talent. Marc Warren's portrayal of Pvt. Albert Blithe losing his sight from PTSD was superb.

Marc Warren's portrayal of Pvt. Albert Blithe losing his sight from PTSD was superb.
He was great against Swansea as well.

back to the thread:

Along came a spider: - cant believe I missed this one - classic 90s thriller. Lots of twists even if the tech is a bit outdated now. 8/10
House- terrible, dated, didnt finish

Band of Brothers is still revolutionary today, 20 years after it was first broadcast, in my view. Some fantastic cinematography and acting, not least from some real British talent. Marc Warren's portrayal of Pvt. Albert Blithe losing his sight from PTSD was superb.
There are some great follow up vids on youtube for those that like the Band of Brothers, including the actors visiting the sites with the vets.

They made a huge faux pas claiming Albert Blithe died of his wounds. Although in hospital for over a year he actually recovered and went on to fight in the Korean war and received a silver star and 2? bronze stars as well as more purple hearts. He ended up as a military adviser.

Back