• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Films you've watched recently.

Event Horizon. 9/10. Superb 90s sci-fi horror.
Love that film. Stupidly, when I was a little kid, I watched it when I should have been a sleep. If I remember there was a scene where there was a recording from the ship and there was just blood and screaming etc. Freaked me out for a long time and will always remember that bit.

I fancy watching it again actually, thanks for reminding me!

Love that film. Stupidly, when I was a little kid, I watched it when I should have been a sleep. If I remember there was a scene where there was a recording from the ship and there was just blood and screaming etc. Freaked me out for a long time and will always remember that bit.

I fancy watching it again actually, thanks for reminding me!
Been wanting to watch for ages, only just come on Netflix.

Yes re the scene - followed by Laurence Fishburne just saying- "we're leaving". Sadly things don't go to plan afterwards.

Been wanting to watch for ages, only just come on Netflix.

Yes re the scene - followed by Laurence Fishburne just saying- "we're leaving". Sadly things don't go to plan afterwards.
Indeed, I vaguely remember one of the passengers say something in Latin? Save yourselves from hell or something?

Brilliant film.

Thor - Love and Thunder. Watched it on Disney Plus. I've always enjoyed the Thor films but this one, for me, was a complete train crash of a film. I'm not sure what the Director and script writers were trying to achieve but whatever it was it passed me by. 2/10.

Lou (Netflix). Give it a wide birth.

The plot is a 70 year old Woman (Rambo) takes on everyone, gets stabbed, beaten near to death and still carries on.

Seriously, who writes this ****e.

I couldn't finish watching it, it's that bad.

Noroi The Curse - 8/10 (decent documentary-style j-horror)
Pulse - 7/10 (j horror with a good opening but let down by confused plot)
Possum 8/10 (uk horror, great cast, very unnerving, bleak UK horror, still processing it, which is a good thing!)
Rec 7/10 (classic Spanish documentary-style zombie film)

Enoyed watching Spielberberg's West Side Story again on DVD last night.Very emotional. Though not as powerful as when I saw it at the cinema last year or compared to the original.Maybe I just preferred Rita Moreno and Natalie Woods from back in the day .Will have to dig out my DVD of the original and check. :Smile:

Last edited:
Operation Mincemeat, true story, I’m ashamed to say I knew nothing of this. Fascinating watch.

I watched The Great Train Robbery on Netflix at the weekend, two approx. 90 minute films from 2013, the first from the robbers' perspective, the 2nd from the police perspective.

Written by Chris Chibnall and with Jim Broadbent and Robert Glenister excellent as the two main coppers, and Luke Evans capturing Bruce Reynolds perfectly.

Really enjoyed it, well worth a watch if you like that kind of retrospective film.

Last edited:
HELP (Netflix), based on the early oubreak of Covid in the care homes. You'll have a rollercoaster ride watching it, make sure you have tissues at hand.

Jodie Comer and Stephen Graham were superb.

A solid 9 out of 10 from me.

Moonage Daydream.The David Bowie documentary by Brett Morgen,Thoroughly enjoyed this.Granted it was a little portentions & pretentious at times as only DB can be.But it was always interesting and thoroughly rooted in the music.DB has always been a seeker IMO and that came through in the film.Perhaps the best news of all is that music critic Allan Jones didn't like it,apparently.Perhaps he's not really a DB fan at all?

Last edited:
I went to the cinema today (Curzon Bloomsbury) and I saw the truly amazing "All Quiet On The Western Front" (2022) it will be on Netflix soon and is unmissable!

Back