• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Films you've watched recently.

Saw Kenneth Branagh's masterful Belfast again last night on DVD.Had a few differences of opinion about this with people here and in Northern Ireland.IMO,you need to view it as a nostalgic personal memoir of the first year of the troubles rather than some sort of historical record.Wonderful Van Morrison soundtrack.

The Falklands play. On Prime and 20 years old. Assumed it would be nonsense but it’s outstanding. Who really knows what happened amongst the politicians but the women who played Maggie was brilliant.

Revisited The Dig again with Ralph Fiennes following our visit to Sutton Hoo. Great performances and a typically British film.
It is a very pleasant watch, very well filmed and has gravitas. Sad stories for the central characters in much of their lives.

The English Game (Netflix). Thought I'd watch it again, I first watched it a few years ago.... It's well worth a watch if you've never seen it.

Escape from Pretoria (Amazon)
Real life story of a jailbreak by three white political prisoners from South African prison during apartheid.
Something am sad to say I knew nothing about.
Unbelievable story, may be do some googling and apparently in principle it’s correct, normal issues of timelines to get 18 months into 90 min film.
The end of the a apparently totally accurate and the file used was the actual file( by a spoiler)
7/10 maybe 7.5-
My wife watched it all the way through which is a good sign

Interesting Godard double bill on France's Arte FV channel last night (Thank God-as an atheist -for French subtitles).Neither of which I'd seen before -Le Mepris (Contempt) and Prenom Carmen.Found the first rather prententious (though I enjoyed watching Jackie Palanace and the immortal Fritz Lang doing their thing.Has to be said that BB had a rather nice cul too.:Smile: Quite liked PC -a typical 1980 JLG fim but not a patch on his early stuff,JMO:

Interesting Godard double bill on France's Arte FV channel last night (Thank God-as an atheist -for French subtitles).Neither of which I'd seen before -Le Mepris (Contempt) and Prenom Carmen.Found the first rather prententious (though I enjoyed watching Jackie Palanace and the immortal Fritz Lang doing their thing.Has to be said that BB had a rather nice cul too.:Smile: Quite liked PC -a typical 1980 JLG fim but not a patch on his early stuff,JMO:
I have seen it once and that was more than enough.

Back