• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

BLUEBLOOD

Moderator of Moderators
This text comes from an email i just received, the email is a chain letter complete with photos championing the work carried out by our troops, and those of our allies, day in / day out in war zones across the globe

If you like to receive the original, please PM me with your email addy and i will pass it on to you

A little bit of reality didn't hurt anyone

you stay up for 16 hours
He stays up for days on end.

You take a warm shower to help you wake up.
He goes days or weeks without running water.

You complain of a 'headache', and call in sick.
He gets shot at as others are hit, and keeps moving forward.

You put on your anti war/don't support the troops shirt, and go meet up with your friends.
He still fights for your right to wear that shirt.

You make sure you're mobile phone is in your pocket.
He clutches the cross hanging on his chain next to his dog tags.

You talk trash about your 'buddies' that aren't with you.
He knows he may not see some of his buddies again.

You walk down the beach, staring at all the pretty girls.
He patrols the streets, searching for insurgents and terrorists.

You complain about how hot it is.
He wears his heavy gear, not daring to take off his helmet to wipe his brow.

You go out to lunch, and complain because the restaurant got your order wrong.
He doesn't get to eat today.

Your maid makes your bed and washes your clothes.
He wears the same things for weeks, but makes sure his weapons are clean.

You go to the mall and get your hair redone.
He doesn't have time to brush his teeth today.

You're angry because your class ran 5 minutes over.
He's told he will be held over an extra 2 months.

You call your girlfriend and set a date for tonight.
He waits for the mail to see if there is a letter from home.

You hug and kiss your girlfriend, like you do everyday.
He holds his letter close and smells his love's perfume.

You roll your eyes as a baby cries.
He gets a letter with pictures of his new child, and wonders if they'll ever meet.

You criticize your government, and say that war never solves anything.
He sees the innocent tortured and killed by their own people and remembers why he is fighting.

You hear the jokes about the war, and make fun of men like him.
He hears the gunfire, bombs and screams of the wounded.

You see only what the media wants you to see.
He sees the broken bodies lying around him.

You are asked to go to the store by your parents. You don't.
He does exactly what he is told even if it puts his life in danger.

You stay at home and watch TV.
He takes whatever time he is given to call, write home, sleep, and eat.

You crawl into your soft bed, with down pillows, and get comfortable.
He tries to sleep but gets woken by mortars and helicopters all night long.

If you support your troops, send this to 7 people.
If you don't support your troops well, then don't send this out. You won't die in 7 days, your love life won't be affected, and you won't have the worst day ever.
You don't have to email this. It's not like you know the men and women that are dying to preserve your rights.

REMEMBER our Troops, and do not forget them LATER
Lest we forget -

V Amercian slanted patrotism , however please also rememebr they are all volunters , they all signed up to do this , and no the current conflicts are not about defendning our rights.

V Amercian slanted patrotism , however please also rememebr they are all volunters , they all signed up to do this , and no the current conflicts are not about defendning our rights.

Booo. One post you make that I can understand and I didnt like it.

What ? It is , i have nothing against the service mena and woman doing what they do , but their not conscripts , they willing went into the army , and idiot politicains sent them to invade otehr countries for political and material gains

So blame the politicians, not the troops.

Our troops signed up voluntarily to defend out rights, our lands, and our freedoms. They have to trust that there superiors know best how to do this. Unfortunatlely, their ultimate superiors are politicians who are at the same level of useage as the chocolate fireguard, or the submarine's catflap.

Our troops may, or may not, be fighting an unjust war, but they're fighting it for just reasons. They deserve our support, and get it or not, if the sh*t did hit the fan, they'd be there protecting us.

What ? It is , i have nothing against the service mena and woman doing what they do , but their not conscripts , they willing went into the army , and idiot politicains sent them to invade otehr countries for political and material gains

have to agree with both posts....volounteers all of them, and earning a decent salary, seeing the world, and generally having a good life...apart from the getting shot at bit...

occupational hazard, I guess?

So blame the politicians, not the troops.

Our troops signed up voluntarily to defend out rights, our lands, and our freedoms. They have to trust that there superiors know best how to do this. Unfortunatlely, their ultimate superiors are politicians who are at the same level of useage as the chocolate fireguard, or the submarine's catflap.

Our troops may, or may not, be fighting an unjust war, but they're fighting it for just reasons. They deserve our support, and get it or not, if the sh*t did hit the fan, they'd be there protecting us.

Im not blaming the troops as i said i have respect for them , however i don't agree with the rehetoric used in the viral email message above and is pretty much rubbish , and i give my reasons above , im of teh same mind as Spanish on this one (blimey !)

I'm slightly ****ed, (thank you Rochford Beer Festival) but I'm going to reply.

Yes, I am a volunteer, I (as an example) signed up to the job that I do, and I don't expect to be called a hero, mainly because I am not one). What I would like, is a bit of respect from the members of the public, of that job that I, and my collegues do. We may volunteer for the job, but we do it because we want to serve our country, because we are proud of the fact we live in a free world, and we want to help people who do not want to be ruled by terrorists. I've seen things that would give you nightmares for the rest of your life. I know that because they give me nightmares, but i get on with it.

This year, as a 21 year old, I was the senior soldier in an area of Helmand Province responsible for training and mentoring the Afghan National Police. So I got to know blokes who just wanted peace. No violence, just the opportunity to live their lives in relative safety, but would put their life on the life next to mine. Ordinary Afghan civillians. I also had to burn Heroin with a UK Street value of over £2 million. With the pictures to prove it. It might not be much, but how much UK crime can be traced back to illegal drugs. I'd hazard a guess at over 50%.

As for the original post, I've seen it before. I've been reduced to tears when my five year old sister wrote to me and told me she missed me. I've been lying in my bed and been woken up after a **** day to go on a 36 hour patrol. I've been there when the helicoptor has come in and everyone else around you has a letter from home, but you don't. I've been woken up by the sound of incoming fire, and I've seen injuries on people that would make you pass out. I know it would make you pass out, because it caused people around me to pass out. I've been three and a half months without running water. The original post isnt American patriotism, it the harsh truth that happens day in, day out, in bad places like Iraq and Afghanistan, where there are British soldiers putting their arse on the line to ensure Sept 11th, 2001 never happens again.

As for 'Blame the politicians,' one thing. Are these not the politicians you democratically elected yourself? So isn't it your own fault, but don't want to admit it? Thought so.

Yes, I am a volunteer, I (as an example) signed up to the job that I do, and I don't expect to be called a hero, mainly because I am not one). What I would like, is a bit of respect from the members of the public, of that job that I, and my collegues do. We may volunteer for the job, but we do it because we want to serve our country, because we are proud of the fact we live in a free world, and we want to help people who do not want to be ruled by terrorists. I've seen things that would give you nightmares for the rest of your life. I know that because they give me nightmares, but i get on with it.

This year, as a 21 year old, I was the senior soldier in an area of Helmand Province responsible for training and mentoring the Afghan National Police. So I got to know blokes who just wanted peace. No violence, just the opportunity to live their lives in relative safety, but would put their life on the life next to mine. Ordinary Afghan civillians. I also had to burn Heroin with a UK Street value of over £2 million. With the pictures to prove it. It might not be much, but how much UK crime can be traced back to illegal drugs. I'd hazard a guess at over 50%.

As for the original post, I've seen it before. I've been reduced to tears when my five year old sister wrote to me and told me she missed me. I've been lying in my bed and been woken up after a **** day to go on a 36 hour patrol. I've been there when the helicoptor has come in and everyone else around you has a letter from home, but you don't. I've been woken up by the sound of incoming fire, and I've seen injuries on people that would make you pass out. I know it would make you pass out, because it caused people around me to pass out. I've been three and a half months without running water. The original post isnt American patriotism, it the harsh truth that happens day in, day out, in bad places like Iraq and Afghanistan, where there are British soldiers putting their arse on the line to ensure Sept 11th, 2001 never happens again.

As for 'Blame the politicians,' one thing. Are these not the politicians you democratically elected yourself? So isn't it your own fault, but don't want to admit it? Thought so.

Well said mate. I have the utmost respect for what you and all the other guys and girls do.

have to agree with both posts....volounteers all of them, and earning a decent salary, seeing the world, and generally having a good life...apart from the getting shot at bit...

occupational hazard, I guess?

Bad post Spanish, I dont think Chadded would agree.

And yes you do but as you have said you volunteered, you of your own free will and volition said i will decide by my own views to express my pride and patrotism in this way and fair play to you , but we both know the "terriosts" are not even the same threat as or close as say Nazi Germany of WWII

Herion trade is poltical always has been since the days of otterman empire and before that , again i agreee the citizens have a right to freedom as everyone days but why didnt say their ancestors destory the lands that the poppies can grow on ? Why is Herion so expensive even legally when the narcotic is supposedly in such massive supply ? Who controls its flow in and out the country.

This maybe harsh but again you choose it , and no you dont know it would make me as you making assumuptions , as your presuming i am, it is not the harsh truth it is a view of what happens (and im fully aware of the poorly kitteed out people the tactis used on both side and ive even looked into teh original wars by the Russians and before), the military action on the ground would't stop a covert op like 9/11 occuring again and as most security agencies reported in the last few years the "invaisons" due to their poor implementations have actually made the world a less safe place.

You obviously missed the whole "illegal" war lets lie to the world teh WMD's (which again was odd as most of europe sold them to them) and teh pushing through in parliment of the act of war while overriding the house of lords ! I case for proporstionl representation i think

I know soilders , i know ex soilders and special forces of differnt nations , i have information from troop level and sometimes a lot higher up , i know you get shat on and i respect you for what you do but i cannot agree with the so called sentiments of that post that this should be whipped into a "patriotic" rethoric and if i don't agree with it this perception of it im wrong

the brave lads/lasses in our armed forces DESERVE better than the current goverment.

the politicians have sent our troops into battle which they will never beat the so called enemy.

when brown was chancellor i thought he was tight fisted with funding for the armed services yet brown gleefully shakes the troops hands.by many accounts the army has sub standard equipment and morale is at an all time low?

novel idea,

if the worlds leaders fancy a war...............let them fight it out .

Osy, your make good points, and I do see where you are coming from.(Thats sounds really patronising, it's not meant to be) I think the main point about the original thread though, was regardless of politics, or the reasons behind any form of military presence, the troops should be supported, and as you say, you do :)

Osy, your make good points, and I do see where you are coming from.(Thats sounds really patronising, it's not meant to be) I think the main point about the original thread though, was regardless of politics, or the reasons behind any form of military presence, the troops should be supported, and as you say, you do :)

The bit you out about the letters. Are you going to leave an address when you go back so loads of zoners can send you stuff keeping you up to date on the latest posts from Grays Blue and other interesting subjects?

Thank and lol not at all we remember that we must defend our rights and yes be prepared sometimes go the extra its not new the neglect of societys warriors post nepolionic for some really horrific tales but we need as you say support them and give those who return our support as well ;) love the man hate the action compasion is the vice of kings

I didn't join the forces because I understood that it may involve killing people, or being killed myself. I also don't particularly the shouting aspect (unless of course I do the shouting). I suspect many army recruit join out of a loyalty to the flag, it pays a wage, its better than working in the local factory. Most wouldn't really consider the dying bits, I think.

I also don't believe that the guys n girls in either Iraq or Afghanistan are there for any other reason than political ones, much like World War 1. I do not go to bed thinking I am safe because of them, because even if they weren't, I'd still be safe.

But it is not their fault they are and we should support them, even if we don't sport the political dogma that put them there. I certainly wouldn't want do their job in the current climate.

Back