• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Kent Shrimper

Mike Reid
This is a copy of a post i made sunday.

We have an opportunity to suggest some ideas, lets use it?

"The moaning was terrible and after 20 mins a guy jumped up and shouted some abuse at Tilly. Utter pr*ck.

I was so incensed by the lack of atmosphere in the ground today i called the club after the game and to my suprise got a phone call back from Ron Martin.

Basically he wants there to be an atmosphere in the ground and wants ideas of how to create it. We all know the North Bank is a non starter but i suggested either a designated area of the ground other than the South Lower or trialing song sheets on every seat. Anyway i said i would speak to him again next week and would appreciate any suggestions."

Simple things often work.
(Put it this way, even Wiggy probably has a job)

Perhaps a simple rallying call from Jeffa just before the team comes out, along the lines of "The team need your support, so come on, let's get behind THE MIGHTY SHRIMPERS!!!!"

Puts a little pressure on the usual negative tw*ts and increases the likelihood of them being put down when they pipe up with their unhelpful rantings.

Someone who can wip up the crowd before the game would help, maybe get a supporter on the pitch before the game to bellow out a few chants on the PA? Maybe some decent music pre match?, something we all know and preferably football orientated?. A designated singing area near the away fans to help drown them out?. And bring back the band we had, whatever happened to them?, thats a must!!!.
biggrin.gif

Could the club purchase ten to twenty drums and distribute them (to chosen individuals) right throughout the ground.  I'd say that's almost guaranteed to work!

Perhaps the Trust could do it and get some welcome PR?

Songs so far for the Song Sheets, what else should be on them.

With an S and an O and U and T
H and an E and N and D.
U N I T E D
Southend United FC

Barmy Army, Barmy Army
(Repeat)

Southend Til I Die,
Im Southend Til I Die.
I know I am im sure I am,
Im Southend Til I Die.

Southend United, Southend United FC,
By far the greatest team the world have ever seen.
(Repeat)

You are my Southend,
My only Southend,
You make me happy when skys are grey.
Youll never know just,
How much I love you,
Until you take my Southend away.

ONE Team in Essex,
Theres only ONE team in Essex.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (South Bank Hank @ Aug. 09 2004,08:58)]Could the club purchase ten to twenty drums and distribute them (to chosen individuals) right throughout the ground.  I'd say that's almost guaranteed to work!

SBH,

i will put it to Ron, and he seemed genuine about getting the atmosphere back and would look at every idea openly.

This whole process will need the FANS backing but if between us we can start the ball rolling then i will catch on.

Cheers
Andy

[b said:
Quote[/b] (South Bank Hank @ Aug. 09 2004,08:58)]Could the club purchase ten to twenty drums and distribute them (to chosen individuals) right throughout the ground.  I'd say that's almost guaranteed to work!
I'd say it is more likely to get ten to twenty people severely beaten.

I don't think many people would appreciate sitting near that sort of commotion.

Good luck Andy.

Whenever there's been a drum in the South Upper, it's generally increased the chanting.  Co-ordinate that samba-rhythm around the stadium and we might even play like Brazil...

Sorry Mad Cyril, but there were no complaints in the South Upper and it DID get people singing. Commotion? Aren't we trying to create some noise?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (South Bank Hank @ Aug. 09 2004,08:57)]What about looking for something to rival what Lincoln do at corners?
What, score?

Could be something worth investigating.

The true passion for the game lies in the fans arena, therefore someone from within the ranks has to start singing for the others to follow... those people will have to decide where they want to be within Roots Hall in order to whip the others into a frenzy, as all too often you can hear a pin drop when we go a goal down or the play just isn't exciting enough!!!

Things like:

Stand-Up If You Hate Col.U.
West Stand, West Stand, Give Us A Wave.

are valid contributions, but maybe we should start with...

A MEXICAN WAVE

Something like that for spells during the match when we aren't singing create some of the best atmospheres in a sporting arena that you could possibly get!

That of course requires teamwork and everybody has to participate for it to be effective... the bottom line is that if the players see that and it is working well, it should pump them up too... so how about it lads and lasses?  
wink.gif

cool.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Quote (South Bank Hank @ Aug. 09 2004,08:57)
What about looking for something to rival what Lincoln do at corners?

What, score?

Could be something worth investigating.

Speaking of drums...  Boom Boom!

[b said:

NO NO NO f**kING NO I AM SICK OF HAVING MY MATCH SPOILT, BY SOME c**t WACKING A f**kING DRUM RIGHT BEHIND MY EARS

I have a good idea. Why dont you tell ron to that if we felt that we got £16.50's worth of entertainment on the pitch we might actually be cheerful for starters. Then maybe we could ask the players to give 100% . Then none of us would feel cheated enough to yell abuse.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]NO NO NO f**kING NO I AM SICK OF HAVING MY MATCH SPOILT, BY SOME c**t WACKING A f**kING DRUM RIGHT BEHIND MY EARS

Just one of many reasons why things will never change.
There's probably as many people who are "sick of having my match spoilt, by some c**t singing a f**king song right behind my ears".

Can I suggest that people wanting a library go visit one of those instead?

For some reason a "Sing when were winning" mentality has appeared at the hall again this season.

It would help if certain sections of the ground would get off the case of individual players too.

The SU "Fans?" singing Darryl Flahavan's name when Bart was walking towards his goal was particularly disrespectful to our new keeper. This was added to with a "Darryl would have got that" when the second goal went in!

The atmosphere, I believe will not be properly re-created until we get all the "Singers" in one group. Only then will the atmosphere begin to return.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (tommytwoholes @ Aug. 09 2004,10:05)]I have a good idea. Why dont you tell ron to that if we felt that we got £16.50's worth of entertainment on the pitch we might actually be cheerful for starters. Then maybe we could ask the players to give 100% . Then none of us would feel cheated enough to yell abuse.
If you don't like the "Ups and Downs" of football then go find another sport!

No team can win every week!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Prophet of Doom! @ Aug. 09 2004,10:32)]The SU "Fans?" singing Darryl Flahavan's name when Bart was walking towards his goal was particularly disrespectful to our new keeper.  
Unbelievable.

What has Flavs done to attain hero status?

Thats why i sit in the west near the north bank because thats where most noise and singing comes from. There was someone with a drum there on saturday by the way.

Back