• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Can't see him going to another team in the Prem, maybe someone like AC Milan or Real Madrid.

Interesting article as always Slips, but I must be one of the few who actually feels for Gallas here. Strange as this may sound, I just love the humanity involved in all of it.

As important as it is for a club to keep its dirty laundry safe from prying eyes, I cannot help but think Gallas is a more complex individual than he's often portrayed to be. Let's face it, there's ALWAYS two sides to the story.

I personally think his biggest troubles are in dealing with frustration and wearing his heart on his sleeve, the latter being something I love to witness in football. Nothing wrong with seeing a bit of emotion on the pitch.

While he'll forever have to put his hands up for flipping out after the late penalty equaliser from Birmingham, storming off the pitch, kicking the hoarding and sitting on his own in the centre-circle, let's not forget that Arsenal had been holding on for the win, desperate to achieve it for their colleague Eduardo da Silva who'd had his leg horrifically broken by Martin Taylor. While people will remember the tantrum, what people forget is the way he marched into the Birmingham half while the penalty was being taken, standing alone to demonstrate a lack of respect for what he presumably recognised as a disrespectful Birmingham crowd. For me, it's a fine line. Was this a man just acting out in tantrum, or was it a man desperately struggling with frustration, in agony for the pain of his friend and unable to express what he was thinking?

By contrast, John Terry shed buckets of tears for missing a goal against Man United.

I don't disagree that he shouldn't be shown the door by Arsenal either. I'm just not convinced by allegations of lacking bravery. Rightly or wrongly, it takes quite a lot for someone to bring upon themselves the type of onslaught from team mates and the press that his comments were always going to generate.

Back