• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Getting beaten at games by your other half.

Options Options Options.

• I am a woman and expect to loose to my man.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

DTS

The Business
Northampton is always a ****y trip in my book with the olny plus side being that its pretty close to London. This saturday was no exception.

We drunk in a pub called the Rover which was a right old hole before heading to the stadium early so my mate could get a ticket on the day.

As my mate had to get a ticket we did what we swore we wouldnt do and went for a pint in the bowling alley. Now for anyone that had been in there it was always bad but this year was awful. There really are no redeeming features of the place.

We were so bored that the 5 of us decided to start watching the bowling. It was a nonce's idea of heaven as there were loads of kids about but just infront a tasty young bird (H) and her fella (Ben) started bowling.

H was about 20 odd and you would no doubt ruin her given the chance. Ben looked like a plumb.

This was really showed up when he was spanked by his Mrs. She got 125 odd and he got 84. If it was close then fair enough but he got owned.

My question is should any self respecting man loose at a game to his Mrs. I can pretty much guarantee I would beat Mrs DtS at any game bar anything that require any sort of arty skills or massive amounts of intelligence. But then I am 100% man.

I used to pretend to lose at Badminton with my ex otherwise she'd sulk and refuse to play properly, the same goes with scrabble.

My mate's wife is the most competitive person you're ever likely to meet. Even at stuff like Jenga or Connect4.

We all went away for a weekend once & she dragged us out to play croquet (what a pointless sport) and had a paddy when she realised she had no aptitude at it at all. They've also almost split up after her tears & tantrums following a game of tennis!

Why is she even with this loser. Everyone knows that if you really want to impress the missus you take her to the Swimming Pool.

Last edited:
I went to Centre Parcs about a month ago with my boyfriend, and his mate and girlfriend. We decided we would book a badminton court out for an hour and his mate - funnily enough ihis mate is called Ben. He said he wanted to play me as his gf was pregnant so he couldnt play her. I accepted this knowing that the only reason he wanted to play me or her was for his own personal ego boost and I actually fancied my chances of beating him......

Before we went away he mouthed off all the time about how he was going to whip me at Badminton...... He is very competative and I was sure that he would beat me despite Matt telling me that Ben was crap. Well I suceeded in beating Ben TWICE not without him moaning about every shot and constantly disputing the rules. Matt looked slightly worried that he had to play me next and face being humiliated like Ben was. Well luckily for him he beat me, only by a couple of points though and it was a really good match.

However, he would never have let me win, I think its a male pride thing. Somehow beating your gf at anything gives you some sense of acheivement or extra street cred and a massive ego boost which is ridiculous really as of course most men will beat their gf at things as they try so damn hard - apart from in Bens case obviously. I though, would not want him to let me win as that is even more pathetic!

Dave - one thing though, dont let your missus play you at Pro Evo, she might just have a chance there ;)

Mrs FS reckons I am competitive at everything , However she does beat me at a number of competitions we do have, particularly the "Who can do the washing up first" race , and the dusting, hoovering, tidying up, washing and bed making pentahlon.

Me let her win....hmmm ....lets say never

Going back 10 years or so I went bowling with a few friends. One of the girls who came along was the girlfriend of my best mate (now the wife) and I had a bet with her on the 3rd game. If she beat me I would buy her a new dress as I ruined her favourite white dress by spilling coffee down it! There was no bet the other way as I really couldn't see her beating me as I average 150ish and she hadn't hit anything more than 80 in the previously two games.

As you are no doubt expecting me to say she did infact beat me 133 to 127. For some reason I only managed to knock 1 pin down in the final frame. There was some debate as to whether I let her win or not at the time. But she did infact beat me fair and square.

Since then I have not lost to any girl at bowling, unless she was in a bowling team! Tho my sister did come close once but I was bowling left hand to give her a chance!

Rumour has it that ShrimperZone FC's top scorer, Daisy / Dayos34, recently got beat in consequetive games of bowling by his Mrs, and I hear The General only mustered a grand total of 55 at bowling. These are only rumours mind.....

I can't bowl for toffee... Don't know what it is about the sport as usually my hand/eye co-ordination is pretty good, but bowling just seems to defeat me... I'll struggle to get 100ish, So if my Mrs beat me at bowling i wouldn't be too distressed. She beat me at my own game then i'd be distressed and would probably leave her to maintain my masculine image.

Can usually score 130+ quite easily at Bowling. The wife has no chance, she even got beaten by my 4 year old at Bowlingo up at Hopton the other week!!

Back