• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Just thought I would stop by and wish everyone all the best for next season.
I think you will find that there is more football played in this division and less kick and rush stuff, so the games tend to be more enjoyable
There are some big clubs for you to pit your wits against so there should be some good attendances and great atmospheres to look forward to.
It goes without saying our local derbies will be something to relish, and hopefully any idiots looking for trouble will be rooted out and face the courts.
I think your front two of Goater (what a great signing) and Eastwood will score enough goals to keep you up and like us I think you will finish around mid table.
Hopefully our local council will get their arse into gear and support our clubs quest for the new stadium, meanwhile for the next couple of seasons at least Layer Road beckons.
I know you all love to come down and take the pee, but hopefully not for much longer
biggrin.gif

Anyway remember it is a long season so pace yourselves and tell your boys to relax on the August bank holiday Monday
tounge.gif

Thanks for the good wishes C+P. (Nice to see intelligent rival fans on our board!!)
Looking forward for the derbies this year, if they're anything like the matches we've had over the past couple of seasons then they should be cracking games.
See you on the 29th....
cool.gif

Thanks C********r and Proud. Really looking forward to the derby matches, only experienced the one at Roots Hall as I missed the away trip, but that was very special and hopefully these two will prove to be as well.

We are all looking forward to our forthcoming battles - best wishes to you.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (scamps @ Aug. 04 2005,23:01)]Don't arse lick them... They shouldn't even be on here. Col u fan on a piece of string....
Don't be an idiot. Eveyone's welcome on here so long as they have constructive points to make.

Unlike yours.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Colchester and proud! @ Aug. 04 2005,19:38)]It goes without saying our local derbies will be something to relish, and hopefully any idiots looking for trouble will be rooted out and face the courts.
Edit: hopefully any idiots looking for trouble HAVE been routed out

[b said:
Quote[/b] (scamps @ Aug. 05 2005,00:01)]Don't arse lick them... They shouldn't even be on here. Col u fan on a piece of string....
Don't be a plonker! If you want to dish out this sort of abuse, hop off to the children's play area on Shrimpers.net; you'll find all the wannabe burberry brigade hanging out over there.

In the meantime, I've had some excellent memories of playing the Col Ewe boys, including the fine 2-1 win that helped relegate them, which I'm sure C&P will appreciate!
tounge.gif
On the other hand, I remember some really miserable occasions as well. Boxing Day 1989? A very young Andy Edwards was run ragged and we lost 2-0 at home to spoil my Christmas holidays!
wow.gif

Oh well, let battle commence and may the best team win ... which obviously means us, old chap ...

tounge.gif

WS

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Xàbia Shrimper @ Aug. 05 2005,17:46)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (scamps @ Aug. 05 2005,00:01)]Don't arse lick them... They shouldn't even be on here. Col u fan on a piece of string....
Don't be a plonker! If you want to dish out this sort of abuse, hop off to the children's play area on Shrimpers.net; you'll find all the wannabe burberry brigade hanging out over there.

In the meantime, I've had some excellent memories of playing the Col Ewe boys, including the fine 2-1 win that helped relegate them, which I'm sure C&P will appreciate!  
tounge.gif
 On the other hand, I remember some really miserable occasions as well. Boxing Day 1989? A very young Andy Edwards was run ragged and we lost 2-0 at home to spoil my Christmas holidays!  
wow.gif

Oh well, let battle commence and may the best team win ... which obviously means us, old chap ...

tounge.gif

WS
Boxing day 89 it was my friend, a very nice Christmas pressie and also October 85 when a young Perry Groves scored a hat trick in a 4-2 win for us at Roots Hall, great days
tounge.gif

There were some very good games against you boys in the early seventies, I missed our winning goal in 1971 because my younger brother had to be taken to hospital after being crushed in a ruck in the Layer Road end during the 1st half
mad.gif

Steve Leslie scored for us in a 1-0 win in front of nearly 10K fans
biggrin.gif

We also won the away game 4-1 in front of nearly 9K.
However you lot won promotion from the old fourth division that season finishing second whilst we languished in 11th place
sad.gif

Glad we dont have to play against the likes of Billy Best and Ron Pountney these days, or perhaps we do and I am just getting old
biggrin.gif

Back