• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sorry, been away so my post may look a little late but I do agree almost whole heartedly with these comments. I just can't see why we are so dedicated to the white elephant called a new stadium. No good will come of it. Decent team, same stadium and then see where we go from there. The words horse and cart come to mind.

But we HAD a decent team, and our stadium couldn't finance it, hence why we are where we are!!!!

:headbang:

Sorry, been away so my post may look a little late but I do agree almost whole heartedly with these comments. I just can't see why we are so dedicated to the white elephant called a new stadium. No good will come of it. Decent team, same stadium and then see where we go from there. The words horse and cart come to mind.

And Pray tell, are we going to get a decent team at RH ?

As mentioned in another thread it costs 1.5M PA to exist at RH (and has since 1994 so thats nothing to do with plans etc)

5000 season tickets @ 350 quid = 1.75M
11,000 x 26 games at an average of 15 quid a ticket gives 2.3M
Total 4.05M
- Take off the VAT and the club gets 3.5M
less the 1.5 above leaves a maximum of 2.0 M on wages which would equate to a wage bill for playing staff of no more than 1.6M
By the time you've taken employers NI of etc you will be closer to 1.4M.

1)what sort of squad will you get or that ?
2)can we honestly expect to get 11K in for each game

I have left out merchandising and sponsorship as well as a number of other expenses as the balance for that can be used to pay the debts off ....

TBH although I have great memories of RH, and think the Sid Broomfield story is one of the best ever, I was looking at the west stand on saturday (better than watching the football) and was thinking about its scrap value and whether the asbestos roof would be a problem in demolition. But above all I thought it's completely and utterly awful. I don't like saying it but there you go. The view is awful as the pitch had to be raised because of drainage problems, the stands do not create any atmosphere unless you within 20 yards of the chanting . It's well past its sell by date. Let the old girl move on in peace.

Why? I am right more often then you - for example we didn't go into Adminstration, and we didn't get wound up - so I was considerably less stressesed and wound up than you were, which is good for my heart age. Eventually of course, you may be right in your dire predictions but in the meantime enjoy the present and what we have (and what we have enjoyed in the last 6 years).

Example: In our Championship season we lost (you may recall :'() to Colchester United 0-3 at home live on Sky. The negativity and pessimism on this board hit new hights. A lot of fans metaphorically threw in the towel, and announced that they weren't going to the next match which was away. My optimistic nature, combined with a distaste for the breast-beating taking place on the zone, led me to round up my son, his friend Michael and Lucky Derek and head for England. The result was that we saw one of the most memorable matches of that season - Preston 2 Southend 3 . I think that is one-nil to my optimism.

:)

I think the lack of matches attended this season by Lucky Derek has been a significantly overlooked factor in our poor form this year.
The relentless negativity & pessimism on here has puzzled me since I joined the site. Some people were exploding with rage most of the way through the seasons we finished 6th & 8th - two of our best ever finishes in the last 50 years - and nearly every defeat was met with claims to have witnessed the worst ever Southend team. If someone is like that in the good times, how on earth do they cope with the genuinely bad seasons like this one?:stunned:

I think the lack of matches attended this season by Lucky Derek has been a significantly overlooked factor in our poor form this year.
The relentless negativity & pessimism on here has puzzled me since I joined the site. Some people were exploding with rage most of the way through the seasons we finished 6th & 8th - two of our best ever finishes in the last 50 years - and nearly every defeat was met with claims to have witnessed the worst ever Southend team. If someone is like that in the good times, how on earth do they cope with the genuinely bad seasons like this one?:stunned:

Indeed. The best ever bit of Premier league moaning was by some old boy in a yellow coat in our Champioship season. We had a bit of a stutter towards the end you remember. He was apoplectic. His ruddy cheeks were about to explode as he pronounced the team "Worst team ever". And who could disagree with that. What an arse.

And Pray tell, are we going to get a decent team at RH ?

As mentioned in another thread it costs 1.5M PA to exist at RH (and has since 1994 so thats nothing to do with plans etc)

5000 season tickets @ 350 quid = 1.75M
11,000 x 26 games at an average of 15 quid a ticket gives 2.3M
Total 4.05M
- Take off the VAT and the club gets 3.5M
less the 1.5 above leaves a maximum of 2.0 M on wages which would equate to a wage bill for playing staff of no more than 1.6M
By the time you've taken employers NI of etc you will be closer to 1.4M.

1)what sort of squad will you get or that ?
2)can we honestly expect to get 11K in for each game

I have left out merchandising and sponsorship as well as a number of other expenses as the balance for that can be used to pay the debts off ....
Hi, I hear what you say but the likelyhood of greater attendances at a new stadium is a matter for great conjecture and, sorry to quote yet another cliche, we will be in a chicken and egg situation, same as we are now. Difference may be lower gates. As I have always said, I hope I am wrong, and we enjoy a winning team and good gates. UTB

Back