• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Hard or Soft Brexit?

What should happen?

• Hard Brexit

Votes: 31 46.3%
  • Soft Brexit

Votes: 9 13.4%
  • Another referendum on the terms of the Brexit deal

Votes: 14 20.9%
  • Forget it all and remain

Votes: 11 16.4%
  • Bart

Votes: 2 3.0%

• Total voters
It is but they have an operating margin of approx 15 per cent, and are highly profitable.

I don't blame them for trying it on, but there is no way at present Tesco would pass these costs onto the consumer.

The outcome of all this will be that shares in both companies will take a hit.
yeah, I certainly wouldn't champion either company but as Ms May kept telling us 'change is gonna come' and big exchange rate change has lots of consequences both good and bad and not always in the most obvious way

Big court case today on the government's authority to serve Article 50 notice.

My own reading of it is that the executive does not have authority to do this and this power resides with Parliament, although I think it may need the Supreme Court to come to this decision (whatever the result this will end up being appealed there).

The Attorney General himself is leading the government's case. Would be pretty humiliating to the government to attempt to do something they don't have the power to do - although May has much previous for this.

Big court case today on the government's authority to serve Article 50 notice.

My own reading of it is that the executive does not have authority to do this and this power resides with Parliament, although I think it may need the Supreme Court to come to this decision (whatever the result this will end up being appealed there).

The Attorney General himself is leading the government's case. Would be pretty humiliating to the government to attempt to do something they don't have the power to do - although May has much previous for this.

This is the Royal prerogative Mis (use) ?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...-brexit-uncertainty-to-lure-firms-from-london

"We're all off to Dublin in the green.Dublin in the green." :winking:

Which Banks and when?....hopefully before the British Tax payer has to bail them out again eh?

No doubt any Bank that does decide to move out of the city and into Europe, will be looking forward to the standardised banking and corporate tax arrangements that are being organised by the EU, which the City can remain free of.

I'm sure you realise that lots of city types live in Southend?

If this goes through, they might have to up sticks to Dublin,Paris of Frankfurt.Or even Singapore.

Since when did you give a monkeys about city types in Southend or anywhere else. It was nothing more than one of your usual negative trolling exercises just to get a reaction, which I was stupid enough to give.

Signed.

Not because I agree with it, but I thought it might be fun for Barna to do some jail time.

I have spent a night in the cells,in my time,thanks.

Since when did you give a monkeys about city types in Southend or anywhere else. It was nothing more than one of your usual negative trolling exercises just to get a reaction, which I was stupid enough to give.

FYI,some of my best friends in Southend (along with one of my brothers in London) are city types.

I hate the terms "hard Brexit" and "soft Brexit". What I want is the UK to leave the EU. No half-measures. If we end up remaining part of the single market, paying into it, accepting its rules and remaining unable to set our own tarriffs or strike our own trade deals with other countries then what's the point?

If a free trade deal of some description which does not involve being members of the common market could be agreed with the EU for the mutual benefit of both parties (and let's face facts, as much as either side tries to play the big "I am", this route would be beneficial for both parties) then great. Or some sort of passporting agreement for financial services only. But I wish for us to become an autonomous trading nation and to make the most of the advantages that it will offer and I wouldn't want many compromises in that regard.

Hollande says we'all be treated "hard" if we go for "hard Brexit".

Oh these European leaders really are pathetic.

I hate the terms "hard Brexit" and "soft Brexit". What I want is the UK to leave the EU. No half-measures. If we end up remaining part of the single market, paying into it, accepting its rules and remaining unable to set our own tarriffs or strike our own trade deals with other countries then what's the point?

If a free trade deal of some description which does not involve being members of the common market could be agreed with the EU for the mutual benefit of both parties (and let's face facts, as much as either side tries to play the big "I am", this route would be beneficial for both parties) then great. Or some sort of passporting agreement for financial services only. But I wish for us to become an autonomous trading nation and to make the most of the advantages that it will offer and I wouldn't want many compromises in that regard.

I doubt whether there's much chance of the UK "remaining part of the single market." But we'll all just have to wait and see until article 50 is finally invoked next March.

I would have thought that "some sort of passporting agreement for financial services only" would be the only likely deal on the table.And there might well be a high price to pay for that in term of free movement of labour.

I doubt whether there's much chance of the UK "remaining part of the single market." But we'll all just have to wait and see until article 50 is finally invoked next March.

I would have thought that "some sort of passporting agreement for financial services only" would be the only likely deal on the table.And there might well be a high price to pay for that in term of free movement of labour.

There is a BIG issue, movement of labour is one thing; BUT free NHS care, schooling, housing, DSS, wage top up, deportation of criminals, & family allowance payments sent back to Eastern Europe for children who may or may not live etc are all bargaining and discussion areas that the EU has (with the part deal offered to Cammie) shown it has some understanding of.

Back