• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Birri

Manager
How did we all do chaps I won 5-2 away and am still top of the league

Liddington's Lads - Rochford FC 2 - 5

At Hotspur's Empire, 7071 punters turned up, and despite threatening clouds at the horizon, no rain came. Liddingtons had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. The following players had been chosen: Baliño - Boyack, Martinek, Roudenko - Jawaid, Green, MacIvor, Victor Jaya, Langford - Harris, Alvarado.

Rochford had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. The following players had been chosen: Statton - Hall, Hunter, Brons - Martin, Olague, MacEachin, Golding, Loftus - den Hollander, Magallanes.

Rochford saw most attack opportunites on the wings and were directing their passes that way. José Magallanes gave the visitors the lead in the 10:th minute with 0 - 1. The goal was scored from the penalty spot after a handball call in the penalty area. Eugenio Alvarado put his head to a well placed ball lifted in from the left and scored the 1 - 1 goal in the 28:th minute. In the 30:th minute cheers broke out as Vidyacharan Victor Jaya found his way through the guests central defense line, clipping the 2 - 1 goal in for Liddingtons. 40 minutes into the game Rochford´s Somerled MacEachin found a gap in the home sides central defense scoring to make it 2 - 2. In the 43rd minute Rochfords Rudi Brons received a yellow card for going into a challenge studs first. The Liddingtons player was Darren Harris who had to be helped off the pitch, unable to finish the game, but Joe Haynes came in to finish the match. Halftime score was 2 - 2. Rochford held the ball, with a clear 56 percent possession rate.

Chad Golding came close to putting the visiting team one up in the 67:th minute, following a solo raid down the middle, but Víctor Baliño managed to tip the ball to a corner. In the 68:th minute an unfortunate play by Víctor Baliño gave the visitors a chance at the lead, but Tam Martin, finding himself alone with the keeper, was unable to take advantage of the situation. In the 71st minute the visitors broke through on the right after some poor defending and Robert Loftus put the ball away for 2 - 3. Several players now looked tired, especially Werner Martinek who quite horribly caused the 2 - 4 goal as he lost the ball to Lawrence Hall of Rochford, who seemed to have some energy left. The game had been on for 79 minutes when José Magallanes broke through to the right, upping the score to the home crowd´s dismay. Rochford´s were up 2 - 5. The structure of the game started to change as Rochford decided to pull back and meet their opponents in the defensive zone. Rochford held the ball, with a clear 76 percent possession rate.

Liddingtons´s best player was Elliot Jawaid. Murray MacIvor on the other hand, had a terrible day. Rochford´s best player was Gregory Hunter. Chad Golding on the other hand, had a terrible day. The match ends 2 - 5.

A 1-1 draw against the team who were 2nd last year.

8337 spectators arrived at Pearlstars Arena, where weather conditions were pretty good for football. Pearlstars tactics involved an interesting 3-5-2 combination. Lineup: Arnau - Hartman, Hong, Picariello - Bisping-Bau, Gaskell-Bhuller, Lacey, Folguera, Luchnick - Korpi , Olmedo.

stairways started off with a 3-4-3 lineup. The following players had been chosen: Quigley-Parks - MacCasland, Machacek, Cullen - Powell, Daniels, Brinkley, Baxendale - Jones, de las Nieves Vi, Stewart.

Pearlstars immediately set off pressing their opponents. It was obvious that stairways were using pressing as their primary tactic. In the 2nd minute Pearlstarss Lippo Korpi received a yellow card for going into a challenge studs first. At this time in the match, stairways were using their skills at the press to successfully put pressure on their opponents. Pearlstars's ability to press their opponents all over the field paid off frequently. Pearlstars made a bid to take the lead as a ball coming in from the right hand side left Ullrich Bisping-Bau completely alone with keeper Jaime Quigley-Parks, who made a spectacular block. Almost all the way down to the corner flag William Baxendale somehow managed to get a perfect pass into the middle, impossible to miss for Leigh Stewart who struck for 0 - 1. Steve Jones was, after 18 minutes, almost able to extend the visitors lead with a well placed diving header but home side keeper Marquesio Arnau saved. The teams went for a half-time break at 0 - 1. Pearlstars held the ball, with a clear 67 percent possession rate.

Ian Luchnick caught everyone off guard with an opening pass - but unfortunately Ullrich Bisping-Bau was as surprised by the move as anybody else, and managed to miss the extraordinary opportunity. After 61 minutes Craig Lacey got through on the right and was very close to equalising for the home side, but didn´t get the shot away. Steve Jones came close to extending the visitors lead as he, completely unmarked in front of the goal, lifted a ball over Marquesio Arnau, hitting the bar. Pearlstars´s Craig Lacey made a successful breakthrough attempt in the game´s 74:th minute and should have levelled the score, but clipped it over the bar. After 75 minutes of play Walid Hartman equalised for Pearlstars after an elegant attack from the right. After a fine move down the middle Gabriel Olmedo nearly gave the home side one up in the 77:th minute. The finishing shot went just wide, though. Pearlstars held the ball, with a clear 72 percent possession rate.

The most dominating Pearlstars player was without a doubt Ian Luchnick. Marquesio Arnau was a disappointment, however. stairways´s best player was Agnew MacCasland. Manuel de las Nieves Villos was a disappointment, however. The match ends 1 - 1.

Now 5th

The Shrimpers - monkey orient 0 - 3

View game: HT Live
Date: 04/07/2004 at 18.00
MatchID: 21841096
Arena: Roots Hall
Crowd: 11735

Weather conditions were fairly good for football, and Roots Hall saw a crowd turnout of 11735. Shrimpers had chosen a strategic 4-4-2 formation. The following players had been chosen: Clune - Mason, Dunne, Judge, Paterson - Deacon, Ivy, Ankcorn, Anthony - Axford, Curtis.

monkey started off with a 3-5-2 lineup. The following players had been chosen: Mackenzie - Allen, Childs, Conroy - Rouger, Read, Hardingham, Droogmans, Milley - Santagostini, Hammond.

It was an obvious ambition of monkey to attack on the flanks. monkey had a good opportunity to score the lead goal but the home team goaltender Jimmy Clune saved Federico Santagostini´s shot headed for the top corner. Shrimpers made a bid to take the lead as a ball coming in from the right hand side left Brian Ivy completely alone with keeper Mark Mackenzie, who made a spectacular block. monkey´s Jimmy Droogmans gave the visitors a 0 - 1 lead in the 36:th minute with a superb strike from the right. The away team´s Federico Santagostini took advantage of a mistake to the home side´s right in the 41st minute increasing monkey´s lead to 0 - 2. monkey came close to extending their lead as Alan Rouger delivered a long range shot from the right but the angle was too sharp, and the shot hit the side of the goal. 0 - 2 was the half-time score. monkey, bringing the final ball possession rate to 63 percent, dominated the battle.

The referee showed monkeys Allan Allen the yellow card after a particularly nasty challenge. Matthew Hammond came close to extending the visitors lead as he, completely unmarked in front of the goal, lifted a ball over Jimmy Clune, hitting the bar. The referee showed monkeys Francis Hardingham the yellow card after a particularly nasty challenge. monkey increased the lead to 0 - 3 as Matthew Hammond scored from the penalty spot, putting the ball in near the top left corner. monkey held the ball, with a clear 70 percent possession rate.

Shrimpers´s best player was Robert Mason. Lee Deacon on the other hand, had a terrible day. The most dominating monkey player was without a doubt Federico Santagostini. Matthew Hammond was a disappointment, however. The match ends 0 - 3.

The Shrimpers
Player rating and Team formation
Team Attitude: Normal
Tactic: Normal
Tactic skill: (Unlimited)

Midfield: disastrous (very high)
Right Side Defence: weak (high)
Central Defence: weak (very high)
Left Side Defence: weak (low)
Right Side Attack: poor (high)
Central Attack: poor (very high)
Left Side Attack: weak (very low)

monkey orient
Player rating and Team formation
Team Attitude: (Hidden)
Tactic: Attack on wings
Tactic skill: solid

Midfield: wretched (low)
Right Side Defence: poor (very high)
Central Defence: poor (low)
Left Side Defence: poor (very high)
Right Side Attack: poor (high)
Central Attack: poor (very low)
Left Side Attack: poor (low)

Dominated the game but could only get a draw to leave us third in the table.

Quiksilver Utd Fc - Shrimperzone FC 0 - 0
MatchID: 21855491
Arena: Quiksilver Utd Fc Arena
Crowd: 4427

4427 spectators arrived at Quiksilver Utd Fc Arena, where weather conditions were pretty good for football. Quiksilver tactics involved an interesting 4-4-2 combination. They fielded: Bagnato - Robinson, Kuang, Cunningham, Hakes - Caesar, Rutherford, Coleman, Breacker - Vermaut, St Pier.

Shrimperzone tactics involved an interesting 4-4-2 combination. The following players had been chosen: Thole - Breitwieser, Williams, Wen, Lamb - Kilgour, Foley, MacGuaran, Keogh - Hodgkinson, Villalba.

Quiksilver strategy involved pressing and cutting off attack angles of their opponents from all over the field. Quiksilver were able to press their opponents, causing the game to be a bit of a stalemate at times. Mark Hodgkinson came close to putting the visiting team one up in the 19:th minute, following a solo raid down the middle, but Livio Bagnato managed to tip the ball to a corner. The teams went for a half-time break at 0 - 0. The fortyfive minutes were dominated by Shrimperzone, with an impressive 59 percent possession of the ball.

Phil Kuang behaved like an inexperienced youth player in the 50:th minute as he gave the ball away to an opponent. Lucky for him though, there was no goal. Quiksilver were able to press their opponents, causing the game to be a bit of a stalemate at times. The referee showed Shrimperzones Juan Elías Villalba the yellow card after a particularly nasty challenge. Juan Elías Villalba had a good try in the 81st minute, coming in on a fine move from the left, but the ball went wide. Shrimperzone held the ball, with a clear 68 percent possession rate.

Most important Quiksilver player was Stephen Hakes. Matt Coleman was a disappointment, however. Most important Shrimperzone player was Ferdi Thole. Matthew MacGuaran on the other hand, had a terrible day. The match ends 0 - 0.

1-0 defeat for me and Series V is proving alot more tricky that Series VI.

MtS, Bob_C and any others in Series V i could do with some advice chaps?

KS, if this is your first season in Series V then you should be looking to consolidate your position as it would be almost impossible to compete against well established sides in this league. I was promoted from VI in my first season and finished mid table in my first season in V, this year i have my new squad together and new formation and am top of the league at the mo.
blues.gif

here's my match report,

GNH United - Munse's Men 3 - 2

MatchID: 21817914
Arena: GNH Shrimper Arena
Crowd: 15000

Fairly good weather for football had drawn a crowd of 15000 to GNH Shrimper Arena. United started off with a 5-3-2 lineup. The following players had been chosen: Tegner - Paterna, Leinen, Adolphus, Anthony, Pettersson - Flanagan, Rolands, Mansbridge - Gazier, Harris.

Munse's tactics involved an interesting 3-5-2 combination. The following players had been chosen: Shunkin - Crawford, Laws, Godlieb - Di Marco, Niemczyk, Müler, Payne, Walshe - Petry, Michener.

United tried to break through in the middle repeatedly, but kept getting stuck on the visitors defenders. Ledley Harris gave his United the lead with 1 - 0, as he successfully challenged both the guests central defenders, then placed the ball unreachably at the goaltenders right post. Brandon Crawford really should have scored when he was chosen by fate to confront a wide open goal after a corner, but he lost his nerve. Munse's got a chance to level the score as Carlo Di Marco suddenly found himself free with the goaltender but the finishing shot hit the bar. After 37 minutes Munse's´s Matija Müler contracted a slight foot injury, but could finish the game. With 38 minutes played the visitors almost levelled the score. Gerard Godlieb shot a hard curved free kick, striking the post. The teams went for a half-time break at 1 - 0. Munse's held the ball, with a clear 51 percent possession rate.

What ever got into Ulf Pettersson, the crowd mumbled, as he suddenly struck a cross pass through the own defense - ending up right in front of Munse's´s Will Walshe, who easily put the ball away for 1-1. 68 minutes into the game Marcel Petry was a hair´s breadth away from giving Munse's the lead. A prompt block by Fredrik Tegner saved the home team that time. Munse's´s Carlo Di Marco gave the visitors a 1 - 2 lead in the 71st minute with a superb strike from the right. After 76 minutes Munse'ss Will Walshe had to be carried off on a stretcher in agony. Vibhishan Balaji came in instead of him. Christian Laws got left behind when United´s Ledley Harris made a sudden pull forward in the 76:th minute, finishing off with a swift strike. 2-2! 76 minutes into the game a free kick combination hooked into the box almost resulted in the home team taking the lead, but the last header went wide. Brandon Crawford of Munse's received a yellow card in the 78:th minute for unsportsmanlike behaviour. Uniteds Ledley Harris gave, after 82 minutes, the home team a 3 - 2 lead after an attack coming in from the right. At that, Ledley Harris was noted down for a hat trick. Ledley Harris should probably have put his team up another goal in the 85:th minute, but some great goaltending by Vadim Shunkin kept the visitors in the game. In the games 86:th minute United´s Andy Gazier fell dramatically just outside the penalty area. However, the referee booked Andy Gazier for taking a dive. United held the ball, with a clear 53 percent possession rate.

The most dominating United player was without a doubt Burt Adolphus. However, Hugo Flanagan made a disastrous appearance. Most important Munse's player was Matija Müler. Vibhishan Balaji on the other hand, had a terrible day. The match ends 3 - 2.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (GNH @ July 05 2004,13:24)]KS, if this is your first season in Series V then you should be looking to consolidate your position as it would be almost impossible to compete against well established sides in this league. I was promoted from VI in my first season and finished mid table in my first season in V, this year i have my new squad together and new formation and am top of the league at the mo.
blues.gif
cheers for the advise GNH and good luck for the remainder of the season.

I lost 2-1 to the top side in my league they had about 81% possesion. Anyway there was this Polish person talking about getting a load of youth and training them so my team is virtually cr*p since I sold them all and got youth in for training. Watch the cash flow in!
cool.gif

KS - Level V is definitely harder, you need to have 4 star players in most positions before you can even think about promotion. And to get these players will take money and time. As GNH mentioned before best to consolidate. My guess is that it takes a minimum of 3 season before you will be a promotion contender.

Oh and for the record I won 2-5. First win of the season which sees me into 3rd place.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bob Cratchitt @ July 06 2004,07:50)]KS - Level V is definitely harder, you need to have 4 star players in most positions before you can even think about promotion. And to get these players will take money and time. As GNH mentioned before best to consolidate. My guess is that it takes a minimum of 3 season before you will be a promotion contender.

Oh and for the record I won 2-5. First win of the season which sees me into 3rd place.
Bob did you start off playing 3-5-2 in Div 5 thats what im playing or did you turn it around to a more defencive tactic?

If anyone is vagule interested I've set up a federation called Shrimperzone. No particular reason, I was just bored but if you could see your way to joining it I can see what it does!

I am currently playing the 3-5-2 as I was when I won the championship of my league at level VI. Although things are changing in the world of hattrick where the midfield is becoming less prominent to the outcome of the matches.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bob Cratchitt @ July 06 2004,18:46)]I am currently playing the 3-5-2 as I was when I won the championship of my league at level VI. Although things are changing in the world of hattrick where the midfield is becoming less prominent to the outcome of the matches.
the guy that beat me this week played a 4-5-1, and looking at the stats i outplayed him but he still won.

I led 3-1 until the 73th minute, but I lost 3-4. I'm still 3rd in the basement division of the US league, however

Colorado Shrimpers - uncle danoo 3 - 4

Date: 7/5/2004 at 01.00
MatchID: 22557889
Arena: Colorado Shrimpers Arena
Crowd: 3960

Weather conditions were fairly good for football, and Colorado Shrimpers Arena saw a crowd turnout of 3960. Shrimpers had chosen a strategic 4-4-2 formation. They fielded: Macon - Hopkins, Corbett, Potter, Carmona - Wilson, Anaya, Ferreira, Evans - Sanchez, Ortiz.

uncle started off with a 3-5-2 lineup. They fielded: Rees - Luna, Boyd, Barber - Mcmahan, Deloach, Pavia Marques, Williams, Parme - Fogle, Taylor.

Shrimpers mostly ignored the flanks in favour of attacks in the middle. uncle saw most attack opportunites on the wings and were directing their passes that way. Gregory Wilson gave his Shrimpers the lead with 1 - 0, as he successfully challenged both the guests central defenders, then placed the ball unreachably at the goaltenders right post. Robert Barber behaved like an inexperienced youth player in the 14:th minute as he gave the ball away to an opponent. Lucky for him though, there was no goal. Visitors Jonah Fogle was alert on a play coming in from the left, making the score a tie at 1 - 1 in the 15:th minute. uncle had several good opportunities to take the lead, especially in the 21st minute when Rufus Williams came up alone against Duncan Macon who managed a block. The referee showed Shrimperss Johnnie Carmona the yellow card after a particularly nasty challenge. The player down was Nelson Luna. The uncle bench looked worried a while but in the end he managed to get up. Shrimpers broke through to the left in the 32nd minute, Stevie Corbett firing at an acute angle giving the home side a 2 - 1 lead. Shrimperss Gregory Wilson got himself booked after a foul. Gregory Wilson was dominating his wing and kept sending fine balls into the enemy box - Davis Ortiz managed to kick one of them into 3 - 1 in the 32nd minute. The structure of the game started to change as Shrimpers decided to pull back and meet their opponents in the defensive zone. uncle had a fair chance to reply after 34 minutes, due to some fine moves down the left, but in the end no one was there to put their head to the ball as it was lifted into the box. The teams went for a half-time break at 3 - 1. uncle held the ball, with a clear 58 percent possession rate.

uncle fought on and, in the 73rd minute Garth Taylor was able to reply with 3 - 2 after some excellent moves on the right side finished off by an incredibly clever chip. Robert Barber came close to levelling the score in the 79:th minute, as he was set up with a through ball coming in from the left, but his shot hit the post. Garth Taylor finished off a quick charge from the left of the field by chipping the ball just past the home sides keeper, making the score 3 - 3 in the 82nd minute. 83 minutes into the game Tommy Bob Hopkins had to leave the pitch due to a knee injury. In came Jacob Vaughn. A badly positioned defensive formation on a free kick in the 83rd minute led to uncle´s José Pavia Marques giving the visitors the lead 3 - 4. After several obvious shirt pulling incidents, Shrimpers´s Heriberto Anaya got himself booked. After 86 minutes of game time Garth Taylor received an excellent opportunity to add to the visitors lead, clipping a volley hooked in from the right, but Duncan Macon was in the right place, tipping the ball to a corner. uncles Robert Barber got himself booked after a foul. The fortyfive minutes were dominated by uncle, with an impressive 68 percent possession of the ball.

The most dominating Shrimpers player was without a doubt Stevie Potter. Johnnie Carmona on the other hand, had a terrible day. Most important uncle player was Gus Boyd. Rufus Williams was a disappointment, however. The match ends 3 - 4.

Playing a 5-3-2 formation with attacking wingbacks. Through to the 4th round of the cup last night and things are looking up
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (steveh1510 @ July 07 2004,08:29)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (MrB @ July 06 2004,16:59)]If anyone is vagule
I don't know if I am vagule. What does it mean?
If you don't know then you must be stupid.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (steveh1510 @ July 07 2004,15:24)]Brilliant, it's spelt b-r-i-l-l-i-a-n-t. Tsk.
You got it right the first time, no hyphens.

Back