• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

That's what this is all about really for you,isn't it?
Barna - you've set yourself up for it. If you put your head above the parapet (whether in relation to politics, moaning about rep, or indeed Barry Corr), you have to accept the consequences xx

Anyway, I'll leave this to get back on topic, excellent thread yet again by Wiggy.

Corr is a player who appears most of the time to be carrying injuries yet still gets in the right place at the right time, as anyone who saw his headed goal last Tuesday against Wycombe would testify.

Having watched during the season Rob Newman was top scorer with 7 goals, Corr is an accomplished goal-scorer at this level and anyone who thinks differently must question themselves.

Corr is a player who appears most of the time to be carrying injuries yet still gets in the right place at the right time, as anyone who saw his headed goal last Tuesday against Wycombe would testify.

Having watched during the season Rob Newman was top scorer with 7 goals, Corr is an accomplished goal-scorer at this level and anyone who thinks differently must question themselves.

He's certainly done the business this season for the first time in his career.Remind me someone how old is he now?
(26 the day after April Fools Day I notice).

Last edited:
..........just imagine where we'd be without his goals.

I find it amazing that many state that Sturrock is a good player and will allow him leeway in that he doesn't score, but that many (not just on here but also sitting right behind me in the East) state Corr is a poor player in spite of his goals.

Some people on here are very quick to state that "the evidence suggests ...." , personally I would say that the evidence here suggests that Corr is doing a pretty damned good job in an average Team.

He may be scoring but I would not say he is a proven striker, he is doing ok but his injuries are a risk, we need someone else to support him who can also bang in 20 a season.

Corr is doing what he is paid to do and that is to be the most advanced of our attack , hold the ball and score goals.

So far so good.

I would say that a front 3 of corr and a pacey striker with blair behind would bring out the best in both corr and blair

So now we need two twenty a season strikers? Wow. We really are never happy.

Personally I would like all 11 players including the keeper to be banging in at least 20 goals a season. Now I bet you are going to say I expect to much.

Tsk!....:smiles:

Personally I would like all 11 players including the keeper to be banging in at least 20 goals a season. Now I bet you are going to say I expect to much.

Tsk!....:smiles:

I reckon that still wouldn't be good enough for some people.

After the pre season friendly with West Ham, i posted that neither of our front 2 that night ( Corr and Spencer) would get anywhere near 20 goals this season. That was simply by watching their movement, positioning etc. Obviously got it right with Spencer, but now looking like i was wrong with Corr. Irrelevant of whether a striker is a great lump, or buzzing around like 'Will o' the Wisp' there job is to score goals, a task not made easier by suffering from a recurring back injury for several years. The guy will never be remembered as one of our best ever strikers, but credit where it's due, he's averaging a goal every 2 games (allowing for missed games through injury) and i hope he can continue this ratio.

Amazes me how Corr gets moaned at. If you look at his past record he has had an amazing season by his standards. He hasn't seemed fit all season yet he weighs in with goals. He will never get the credit he deserves as he is a bruiser rather than a flair player but personally I am delighted with his input.

Back