• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

You can tell revell is comitted to the club when he missed that 1 on 1 in the 2nd half how mad he went and kicking the floor and goal post. Plus mvoto makes our defence look so much stronger when he plays

The reports from the match sound really encouraging and I'm pleased that M'Voto played alongside Heath as they both did well at Cheltenham and I felt sorry for the young 'un that he was subsequently dropped for the Walsall game. Like others have said, I hope that we retain Heath and White as they've done pretty well overrall...

I was plesantly surprised by how fit and athletic he looked after a long time out. He won a lot in the air and directed intellegent headers, and he was sharper in the box that barney, who played well but was no way a 9/10 performance!!

I fear most strikers would look surprisingly fit and athletic when you are use to watching Dougie up front.

Just to say what a great performance you guys put up last night. Gutsy, great passing just didn't have the luck in the final third (worried me at times!). Made an enjoyable match to watch. Keep it up and all the best for the season.

Cheers. Was it luck, or that little bit of extra quality that we missed in the final third?

Didn't go last night, but in the other games this season I'd say we lacked that someone with a bit of class. McCormack might be playing well, but the sooner Sawyer comes in for him, the better IMHO.

I fear most strikers would look surprisingly fit and athletic when you are use to watching Dougie up front.

Cheers. Was it luck, or that little bit of extra quality that we missed in the final third?

Didn't go last night, but in the other games this season I'd say we lacked that someone with a bit of class. McCormack might be playing well, but the sooner Sawyer comes in for him, the better IMHO.

A bit of both, Moussa showed that when given a sniff he'll bang it in, just like their two goals. the other Hull goal was a freekick that shouldn't have found it's way through. they had 3 serious attempts on goal that found the back of the net. we had 3 or 4 good chances (including Barrett's header, Rev's saved shot and Granty's effort) but Warner pulled out decent stops.

We played the right tactics in that we used the large pitch to get Francis wide and foward and put balls in for Revs and Barnard, we also whipped crosses in low to feet rather than floating them in... it was perfect for the opposition, but we needed someone with a bit of skill to dig out the chance when the ball was in the box, almost Freddy-style to score a goal from a ridiculous turn and shot. If we haven't got the strikers to do that then we need a midfielders to be up on the edge of the box to be teed-up. That's exactly how moussa scored but we need Macca/Sawyer doing the same as well because Moussa can't be doubling up with old man Barrett and being our only goalscoring midfielder at the same time.

You're oh so wrong! Been our most consistent player this season so far, and Sawyer showed exactly the same kind of petulance you're always accusing Macca of in his first 10 mins on the field.

Having watched the highlights over, how was Hull's final goal allowed to stand? The ball passes within inches of an offside Hull player, who jerks out of the way at the last second. Mildew had to wait to see if he deflected it before comitting himself. Surely counts as active

Having watched the highlights over, how was Hull's final goal allowed to stand? The ball passes within inches of an offside Hull player, who jerks out of the way at the last second. Mildew had to wait to see if he deflected it before comitting himself. Surely counts as active

Indeed. Was at the wrong end on the night, but looks offside to me too after seeing the replay

You're oh so wrong! Been our most consistent player this season so far, and Sawyer showed exactly the same kind of petulance you're always accusing Macca of in his first 10 mins on the field.

What our team is crying out for isn't consistency, it is someone who can add that little bit of extra class now and then. Football is all about balance and this team doesn't have the right balance. We can't go on expecting Moussa to do it all, he needs a bit of support (and someone who can give him the ball). McCormack may be playing well individually, but in this case we'd be a stronger team without him and with Sawyer's additional qualities instead. This isn't about McCormack, it is about the team.

Back