• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I cant be bothered to go anymore.

Tommy2holes

Life President⭐
TBH after todays heartless and gutless performance which has left us perilousely close to the drop i really cant be arsed to go.

I have been going to see the blues for like 17 years and i have seen a lot of rough with the smoothe.

Just something changed in me today . I wasnt angry and couldnt care a less. I usually eat drink and sleep southend united , but i really cant bring myself to watch a team that should be comfortably mid table just go through the motions. This team has talent abliet limited , but i can't watch such lack lustre and clueless displays. The chairman talks a load of old **** the manager doesnt seem to know what day of the week it is and his interviews have become embaressing.

I can justify not going anymore because i have already forked out 400 quid.

I will never go an support anybody else.

I booked a hotel sometime ago for Milton Keynes next week and im still going to go but i have no intention of paying anymore money to watch a team that cant be arsed. I'll just get dragged along shopping with the mrs instead.

I will have probably had a re-think for the next home game, but if i didnt go back this season it wouldnt kill me.

Know how you feel - and no doubt you'll get a load of grief from the 'hardcore loyal supporters through thick and thin' blah blah.

Truth is, its up to the individual. I've never brought into all this 'having to follow over land and sea' to be a loyal supporter - everyone has different personal values on football, doesnt make them any less of a Southend United supporter.

I can totally understand how you feel though - like other week at Swindon - when we scored our first, I just sat there - barely clapped. I've never done that before in nearly 25 years. It should have been one of those exciting moments - getting a goal back from 2-0 down - out of the seat jumping and first pumping etc - but it didnt even register properly.

I've just be so numbed by on and off the field events that I think I too have had about my fill now from this regime.

I agree with the stadium and think Ron is the best and only person to deliver it (though I dislike him!) but its killing this club. I think Steve Tilson is a Southend legend, but I dont think he is a god-like manager that people make him out to be and I just dont connect with him at all any more. His post-match interviews are painful and I have no idea what he is watching. If he is as down as he sounds, why doesnt he jack it in? No wonder the team have no bite or passion.

As you say, this team should be mid-table at least, no question (ok, maybe before Barnard left - perhaps we are short a goal scorer now) - so to see them struggle in home games and get beat away is painful and the blame either lies with Tilson, or with the off-the-field problems.

Feels like everyone is going through the motions to a painful end.

TBH after todays heartless and gutless performance which has left us perilousely close to the drop i really cant be arsed to go.

I have been going to see the blues for like 17 years and i have seen a lot of rough with the smoothe.

Just something changed in me today . I wasnt angry and couldnt care a less. I usually eat drink and sleep southend united , but i really cant bring myself to watch a team that should be comfortably mid table just go through the motions. This team has talent abliet limited , but i can't watch such lack lustre and clueless displays. The chairman talks a load of old **** the manager doesnt seem to know what day of the week it is and his interviews have become embaressing.

I booked a hotel sometime ago for Milton Keynes next week and im still going to go but i have no intention of paying anymore money to watch a team that cant be arsed. I'll just get dragged along shopping with the mrs instead.

I will have probably had a re-think for the next home game, but if i didnt go back this season it wouldnt kill me.

ok, so don't go, but please don't come on here moaning and groaning if things don't go the way you want. I personally am as ****ed of as you, but my team will always be Southend United, if they end up playing on a country park then i will be there to support them, you see i am a Southend United supporter, clearly, no matter how long you have supported them you are only a 'fair weather' supporter. I will never desert my team. UTB

I'd give so much to be able to go every week.

You say that now!

I used to be an exile too and its painful having to rely on radio commentary - but when it comes down to the nitty-gritty of an hours drive down the A12, £30 spend and then sit in the cold to watch absolutely dire football - you'd be begging to be home again! :D

I feel the same Tommy. Guess that makes me a disloyal fan as well. Sometimes I wish I could walk away, but I cant. Its my club, my family.

Last edited:
Don't worry kids, Steve's just fine-tuning the team with all those new faces it's gonna take a little longer time than normal to get us ticking along again.

I reckon it'll be Charlton that feel the heat against us.

Now buck up yer ****ing ideas the lot of yer!

Always remember guy's, football is just One Big Rollercoaster. Even Man.U, Spurs and Chelsea have been relegated within the last 40 years.

You sometimes have to watch this crap for a while, but in general it doesn't last that long as players are shipped out and others come in.
Sometimes it just takes One proper goalscorer.

Hang in there Tommy.

Always remember guy's, football is just One Big Rollercoaster. Even Man.U, Spurs and Chelsea have been relegated within the last 40 years.

You sometimes have to watch this crap for a while, but in general it doesn't last that long as players are shipped out and others come in.
Sometimes it just takes One proper goalscorer.

Hang in there Tommy.

Spot on. We don't really do boring mid-table finishes!

You say that now!

I used to be an exile too and its painful having to rely on radio commentary - but when it comes down to the nitty-gritty of an hours drive down the A12, £30 spend and then sit in the cold to watch absolutely dire football - you'd be begging to be home again! :D

But that's football. At least that's Southend United.

I can see why a lot of the fans who jumped on the bandwagon would think of doing something else with their saturday afternoons but it really surprises me that those of you who have been through the **** in the past with this Club are acting like this now.

The last couple of games I've been to have been heavy defeats in the cold which have made me wonder why I bothered. I was certainly thinking that after the Norwich game on a cold Tuesday December evening when I knew I'd have to commute to Dublin the next morning after three hours sleep. I'm there for the Charlton game in a couple of weeks and am not expecting much. I'd never think of not going though.

None of that makes me a 'better' fan. It just seems strange to me that anyone who sat through the Alvin Martin, Steve Wignall and Rob Newman eras could think about walking away now.

It just seems strange to me that anyone who sat through the Alvin Martin, Steve Wignall and Rob Newman eras could think about walking away now.
I think expectation levels have changed. Some people still think that we should be challenging for the Championship with the success in recent years. In the Newman/Wignall days I think we all pretty much acknowledged we were a terrible side with no assests and going nowhere.

@TTH - if it's any consolation, five weeks ago after losing to Sarfend I was reaching for the noose. A decent loan signing and the return to form of some key players and I'm looking forward to every game. Don't turn your back on your team - our clodhopping little clubs have a way of taking you to the brink of despair and then bringing you back from the precipice when you least expect it. Keep the faith, son.

I am exactly the same level.. Before this season I hadnt missed a home game in 3 years, this year I havent given a toss, whenever I go we lose.. I havent seen us win this year, so better I stay away. Its definitely the fact on spending so much money to watch a load of **** in the freezing cold. When I get home and realise how much Ive spent on a matchday for food ticket and beers etc I cannot believe how I disgracefully just wasted it.

I am exactly the same level.. Before this season I hadnt missed a home game in 3 years, this year I havent given a toss, whenever I go we lose.. I havent seen us win this year, so better I stay away. Its definitely the fact on spending so much money to watch a load of **** in the freezing cold. When I get home and realise how much Ive spent on a matchday for food ticket and beers etc I cannot believe how I disgracefully just wasted it.

Totally agree. Now that we're struggling, I think it's also time to cut off our penises, give up on life and live forever in darkended rooms humming Smiths songs.

I'll start us off:

"Anddddd if a ten tonnnne truckkkkk,

killlllls the both of usssssssssssssssssssss

TO DIE BY YOUR SIDE, THE PLEASURE THE PRIVILEGE IS MIIIINE"

ETC ETC

Last edited:
None of that makes me a 'better' fan. It just seems strange to me that anyone who sat through the Alvin Martin, Steve Wignall and Rob Newman eras could think about walking away now.

I sort of agree with you Beefy. I have been going since 1986, so have seen a lot of crap in that time, but I think things are a little different now.

With Martin, Wignall, Newman, at least the reason that we were crap was because we had poor managers, and poor players, but there was always the optomism, that we may pull out a good performance, or sign a gem to start getting results.

This time its different, the issue isn't the manager, as we all know that he has proved that he can put out a great team given small resources. The issue this time is purely the chairman, and the clubs finances.

There is no light at the end of the tunnel, players not being played, top players being sold, increasing reliance on loan players just to put out a squad, no reivestment in the squad and at the moment no hope.

ok, so don't go, but please don't come on here moaning and groaning if things don't go the way you want. I personally am as ****ed of as you, but my team will always be Southend United, if they end up playing on a country park then i will be there to support them, you see i am a Southend United supporter, clearly, no matter how long you have supported them you are only a 'fair weather' supporter. I will never desert my team. UTB

You may feel that way, but I can tell you there are quite a few fans out there that will stop going next season even if we do stay up.

Don't worry kids, Steve's just fine-tuning the team with all those new faces it's gonna take a little longer time than normal to get us ticking along again.

I reckon it'll be Charlton that feel the heat against us.

Now buck up yer ****ing ideas the lot of yer!

Ha - like it, S&2V! I've got a feeling about that Charlton game too. The Friday night under the floodlights, the smell of onions ... oh no, not anymore ... the appearance of the greatest pantomime villain in our recent history and the venom that will produce in our fans. Yep, the Ginger Judas could be instrumental in turning it right round - cue song from mid-eighties - for us, unless of course the Franchise are still reeling from yesterday's five-goal mauling next week and can help us on the road to recovery. A point was not so bad from yesterday considering other results down there, but yeah, I didn't have to watch it (though I did see the awful game up there), so can understand how forlorn Tommy and others are feeling at the moment. But like S&2V says, pick yourselves up - we've a long way to go and it's not over yet.

I sort of agree with you Beefy. I have been going since 1986, so have seen a lot of crap in that time, but I think things are a little different now.

With Martin, Wignall, Newman, at least the reason that we were crap was because we had poor managers, and poor players, but there was always the optomism, that we may pull out a good performance, or sign a gem to start getting results.

This time its different, the issue isn't the manager, as we all know that he has proved that he can put out a great team given small resources. The issue this time is purely the chairman, and the clubs finances.

There is no light at the end of the tunnel, players not being played, top players being sold, increasing reliance on loan players just to put out a squad, no reivestment in the squad and at the moment no hope.

I appreciate that it's a tricky situation and I don't expect things to get any better until the cheque from Sainsburys clears and the first brick is laid at Fossetts Farm. But these are the realities of the situation that we find ourselves in and, as I've said a few times, unless anyone knows someone who can buy back Roots Hall and write off all of our debts, we're just going to have to deal with it.

Southend United have no right to expect our money, particularly in the World as it is right now. But people not going would be the worst thing that could happen to this Club. It desperately needs your £20 for your ticket and you're £2 for the programme. It's needs your change for a tasteless burger and flat lager. If enough people stop financially supporting the Club when it needs that support the most then we might not have a Club to worry about.

I appreciate that it's a tricky situation and I don't expect things to get any better until the cheque from Sainsburys clears and the first brick is laid at Fossetts Farm. But these are the realities of the situation that we find ourselves in and, as I've said a few times, unless anyone knows someone who can buy back Roots Hall and write off all of our debts, we're just going to have to deal with it.

Southend United have no right to expect our money, particularly in the World as it is right now. But people not going would be the worst thing that could happen to this Club. It desperately needs your £20 for your ticket and you're £2 for the programme. It's needs your change for a tasteless burger and flat lager. If enough people stop financially supporting the Club when it needs that support the most then we might not have a Club to worry about.

Think our fantastic prog this year is £3, Beefy. Good post though.

IThere is no light at the end of the tunnel, players not being played, top players being sold, increasing reliance on loan players just to put out a squad, no reivestment in the squad and at the moment no hope.

But very soon there will have to be the promise of change and light at the end of the tunnel - time to renew season tickets is just around the corner!!

I brought our four season tickets for this season after a statement from RM/SUFC said that we needed to get players in the summer and not rely on loan players again, sorry I was conned last year and will not be renewing new season

Back