• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The games where you see the fans wearing colurs in order always look quite impressive I think. The Champ League final tonight was another example where the Arsenal fans were in blocks of yellow and white and the Barca fans in blocks of red and blue. Presumably they all get a free shirt on their seat to wear. Somehow I assume they get around the fact that we all come in different shapes and sizes.

Anyway, with us now likely to have full areas of the ground next season AND it being our centenary year what about Uncle Ron shelling out a few bob the first game of the season to give us all in the East, West and South t shirts, poss in the main blue but with smaller blocks in white. They could have printed on them recognition of it being our 100th and it being a Championship season.

With all this dosh rolling in, even though more dosh has to roll out, I think it would be a great and spectacular looking gesture. Doing it first game means its warmer too - t shirts are cheaper than long sleeves. Gives all those new seaso ticket fans a little sense of identity and feel of belonging on their first game. The Club might even get someone to sponser it - I'm sure a company could get some good publicity out of this.

And it would help create a great atmosphere for that first game plus I am sure be appreciated by the fans - we all love something for free (you just have to look at the scramble for the free goodie bags on our 'family fun days').

Come on Ron - read this and act on it. This is an idea that cannot fail (bar the rouge in the white who moves to sit with the blue bods, but he can be birched).

I'm not asking for a 'Moscow Olympics effort' (the 1980 tear rolling down the bears cheek for those that can remember it). Simple stuff only. Ble and White.

It cannot fail. 100% top idea.

Come on Ron, do it (can someone tell him - Steve Clubshop bod or someone, I only wave at Ron on promotion parades so we are not close). If not I'll start banging on again about Moyet doing a half time gig (another great idea by the way).

Up the Blues.

Knowing our fans, it wouldn't work.

The club tried to get everyone to wear Blue at Swansea and half the people there wore any colour but. Besides I can't see half the chavs in the West going for it. Not unless you're thinking of making the T-shirts in fake burberry.

I do think it would look great. But it wouldn't come cheap would it? Certainly worth looking at though....

We'd be more likely to get some more "Come On Blues" cards like they gave out years ago.

Theres a pint in it for the first person to say which match it was that they gave those cards out at....

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Beefy @ May 17 2006,23:21)]We'd be more likely to get some more "Come On Blues" cards like they gave out years ago.

Theres a pint in it for the first person to say which match it was that they gave those cards out at....
Now, that wasn't the game in about 1975 v Brighton when Peter Sylvester scored a hat-trick, was it?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (fbm @ May 17 2006,23:35)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Beefy @ May 17 2006,23:21)]We'd be more likely to get some more "Come On Blues" cards like they gave out years ago.

Now, that wasn't the game in about 1975 v Brighton when Peter Sylvester scored a hat-trick, was it?
Maybe but thats a bit before my time.

tounge.gif

I'm thinking more recent than that. The club gave out thousands of cards, about 15" by 12", as everyone came into the ground. Each one with Come on Blues on it.

I like the idea, I really do but events like the Champions League final and the Olympics have money coming out of their ears (or at least they can make the money from some other source for it). These ideas are also largely done for the tv audience as well. Maybe when we get the new stadium there can b shirts saying that people were the first to witness a game in it.

[b said:

It was Bradford at home on something like 15th April 1997.
Drew 1-1, though I did think we were staying up when Andy Rammell scored.
That was really the game we went down.
The cards didn't work.
Do I get a pint?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (sufcintheprem @ May 18 2006,00:34)]I like the idea, I really do but events like the Champions League final and the Olympics have money coming out of their ears (or at least they can make the money from some other source for it).  These ideas are also largely done for the tv audience as well.  Maybe when we get the new stadium there can b shirts saying that people were the first to witness a game in it.
Have to agree I'm afraid...

While we will have more money than last year, we're going to need to spend more to survive. Much as the gesture would be well received, I'd personally rather us spend the money it might cost on players.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (old leigh shrimper @ May 17 2006,23:45)]Good idea Suffolk, I think it would definately work and every one would willingly participate...... that many 'T' shirts would only cost about £1.50 each!!!   Roll on the new season!!!
1 pound 50 each shirt.

say 8,000 first gate excitement, 5,000 shirts.

cost - 7,500 quid.

Nice thought but he's never gonna cough that up.

This is where the new sponsor could come in to it. For the last Highbury match it was O2 who stumped up most of the cash for the T shirts so if our new sponsor wants some instant coverage thats the way forward except that there is a difference between a company like O2 who everyone can potentially use than the alleged waste management company we may yet end up with.

The only real situation I think we could have done this sort of thing for was The Goat's last game. Woulda been a nice momento for the City fans to have taken home. I'm sure the club would've dipped into their pockets as a gesture to Shaun as they flew those Gombey dancers over. Our first game in the championship wouldnt be seen as a big enough occasion in my opinion. The first game at Fossett's Farm is a good shout but think we should concentrate on getting agreement for the bloody thing first!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (keefmoon @ May 18 2006,02:39)]
[b said:

It was Bradford at home on something like 15th April 1997.
Drew 1-1, though I did think we were staying up when Andy Rammell scored.
That was really the game we went down.
The cards didn't work.
Do I get a pint?
Damn you!

If you're going to be in the Spread before any of the home matches next year or the friendlies, PM me and we'll sort something out.

Back