• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Aberdeen Shrimper

The Man who sold the world
One of Glasgow’s comments on another thread prompted me to start this one.

Imagine that Civil War broke out in the UK and you were put in charge of a unit of 10 men/women. These 10 men/women would be the elite of the elite and all hand chosen by yourself from fellow Zone members.

You part is to choose 10 members from the Zone who will make up your unit and list the reason why you picked them. You can name your unit if you so desire.

The only one thing that is not allowed during your mission to advance north and secure Edinburgh is violence of any kind. So choose wisely as you will need as many attributes as you can muster.

Members:

Cricko: This wily old fox of a con man is a must for any unit, this guy would be able to blag anything from anyone on the advance forward

Pubey: As one of the more inelegant members of the Zone, his analytical mind would come in very useful.

DtS: For the morale of the unit, with his pulling powers he could keep the unit well stocked with accommodating dirty wenches.

A Century United: For any aquatic recons that have to be carried out.

CarrowRoad_Hero:For when we pass through Norfolk so that the unit can have safe passage and accommodation at every house in the county (his Brothers and sisters)

Miss West Stand: Just in case DtS doesn’t bag enough skirt one night!

Southend Lady: As above

MK: For his level headed approach to everything.

Big Shrimp: To pictorially document the campaign

True Blue: If the unit was running low of food provisions, we could send out TB and he would sniff out any single morsels of food that were available. His skills are so honed that he could successfully track down a single bake bean in a football stadium.

This was a quick effort, I am sure that you lot can do better.

Team Sturgeon

No Violence? So we need thinkers & commincation skills.

Napster - he knows something the rest of the country doesn't
Yorkshire Blue - the brain
Loz - cover the left
Rusty Shackleford - cover the right
Pubey - marching music & knowledge of the north
Matt the Shrimp - Mo' Money
MK Shrimper - the scientist
Bobby G - every revolution needs a soundtrack
ldnfatso - cultural diversity

Lastly, not strictly a Zoner but I'm sure he must have a secret account on here...
Alex Revell - Chef (if I can't have him then OBL for cakes)

No violence? What kind of civil war is this?!?!

Ok, so i'll pick my troop consisting of different people, but it's how i lead them, and i say they will follow my rules and be as barbaric as possible!!

He we go - Atteeeeeenshun

I'll chose Spartan. You never know when you'll need either a battering ram / human shield / punch bag

Next up - Big Rusty S. Given the duty of my personal bodyguard and enforcer. He will also be cheif debater with the enemy

Also, step us Swiss. Another of my main men who will also be on the debating side of things.

DWB - Couldn't go to war without your advice

Cockles - Another one of my best warriors, who shanks first and asks questions later

Dave of the match - Could be a perfect spotter. He will mosey up front and spot any danger

OBL - That's right darling, we will need someone to do the cooking/washing/ironing etc.

Tarquin - Where the **** would we be without the chief entertainment? One of THE funniest guys around

Smiffy - would obviously play the wardrum as we marched into battle

Cricko - because he would be my troop's version of Gandalf or Merlin

Last edited:
I could bore the opposition to death for you. I seem to have that effect, unfortunately.

Me
Rusty
J
TrueBlue
Martin Carruthers
Grays Blue Jnr
DTS
OBL
Swiss
Carrow road Hero
DWB
Cockles is Back

On the bench
Smudger

In the Peninsula War there was a battalion called the Forlone Hope. Basically, they were the storm troopers who charged the city walls. They were called the Forlone Hope coz basically they all died. So I'd like to command that.

My ten.... ah you can guess.....

In the Peninsula War there was a battalion called the Forlone Hope. Basically, they were the storm troopers who charged the city walls. They were called the Forlone Hope coz basically they all died. So I'd like to command that.

My ten.... ah you can guess.....

Would you be leading the attack?

No, directing from behind. Well behind. A la First World War General behind.

You can lead it :P

I get the picture, so if any of our boys try and retreat, you can be shooting them with your Soviet pistol.

Back