• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Well, Betsy's had several assists this season. He was dire today, don't get me wrong, but in general he's done OK since signing and I don't think he's as bad as some are making him out to be. I still think he's an upgrade on Tommy Black for a start.

I felt TB was hugely underestimated, and I'd far rather see him still here than Betsy on his performance yesterday.

It is imperative that we get behind Tilly and Brush and a team full of kids now.
No good moaning and giving it the old "i told everyone this would happen".

Our club needs every bit of support we can muster if we want to build greater things.We absolutely need the fans to keep coming week in and out.
Strikers are what separates winners and losers in this division and quite frankly,we have had an injury list as long as your arm so far.
Don't go looking for blame,you can't blame injuries.Eastwood only missed a handful of games in all the time he was here and he held god-like status.But since leaving us what has he done? -well not a lot as he's been injured a lot.

These lads have to step up to the plate and play more for the team,i'm talking about players who've been "squad" players for a while.Francis,Moussa,Betsy,Herd,Sankofa,Grant,Walker -all players that have been sidelined for half of the season! That's half of the side out there today! They desperately need our support.

At half-time i got told of someone down the front of the East had screamed "you're effing sh** Betsy".Well no wonder his game fell apart and was sidelined in the second half.Jeez,get off the player's backs.IT ISN'T GONNA HELP IF YOU ABUSE THEM.

We need them to put in their best performances of their season right now,just think about that before you go gobbing off.There wasn't a bad player out there today,yet we did not win -we lost.The lads gave it their all,but it's not enough,they need to do better.Or they need replacing.But for Christ's sake let's not shout crap at them.

We are a good footballing side who have good spells of possession and there ARE apects of their game that are improving.It's just so frustrating right now as we can't finish teams off because we ain't gelling as a TEAM.But don't write them off yet.

We need more with your supportive attitude.

Take heed those anti or who are depressed or defeatist.

Whats the song................

Southend.....

Till

I die.

I felt TB was hugely underestimated, and I'd far rather see him still here than Betsy on his performance yesterday.

Really? Black was one of the laziest players I've ever seen in a Blues shirt. He wouldn't help our cause at all at the moment, particularly with his lack of defensive discipline.

Really? Black was one of the laziest players I've ever seen in a Blues shirt. He wouldn't help our cause at all at the moment, particularly with his lack of defensive discipline.

Mind you on yesterday's FH performance, OBL is probably right that it is difficult to believe Black would have played worse than "Betty"

In truth neither up to scratch or for us.

I don't think anyone is doubting he is rubbish. What people are doubting is what use it is telling him he is rubbish.

This is the key point that all the self-declared realists miss in their jibes about 'the rose-tinted specs brigade'.
Those of us labelled as being in the latter category are as unhappy as 'the realists' with recent form.
Some of the realists seem to believe moaning and grumbling and having a go at the players will help.
Whereas the rose-tinted spec wearers think that is going to make a bad situation worse.

This is the key point that all the self-declared realists miss in their jibes about 'the rose-tinted specs brigade'.
Those of us labelled as being in the latter category are as unhappy as 'the realists' with recent form.
Some of the realists seem to believe moaning and grumbling and having a go at the players will help.
Whereas the rose-tinted spec wearers think that is going to make a bad situation worse.

You know, you really do express what I want to say so much better than I do myself!

Mind you on yesterday's FH performance, OBL is probably right that it is difficult to believe Black would have played worse than "Betty"

True, although I remember Black being booed off when he was subbed in the home leg of the play-offs against Donny.

Back