• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Napster

No ⭐
Gary Nelson was never really aware that the fans never warmed to him, mind you he was just a young lad at the time.

The ebst player I signed/coached was Alan Foggon up at Newcastle United. Well,he was never the same player down at Roots Hall and I never did understand why.!!

Kick'n'rush teams - most Southend teams under me and following up to date have always tried to play football.Tilly's team,what I saw on television,played some lovely football. Long may it continue.!!!

Believe it or not I still have three 'empty' large Bell's whisky bottles in the garage, one day I will chuck 'em out.!!

Relegation in the 79/80 season - we had a good squad that particular year but the 'food poisoning' early in the season was the main reason. But I had no doubts about the squad and as you said it was proved the following season.!!

'Jumping ship'...actually I left the club because of two guys coming along and buying the shares of the young Ruben boys...I was actually on holiday when I read of my sacking.!!!!

Player respect/without doubt Ronny Pountney was the best of the lot and gave a hundred per cent every second of his being a Southend player,training and playing.And the way he was 'messed' about with his testimonial was a disgrace.!!!

Sacking/you never get used to 'being shown the door'but you develop 'inspirational dissatisfaction and you get up off your a... and show them.!!!!

Southend match - has to be the one and only FA cup match with Liverpool.So many memories from both matches and we had the chance to do it at Roots Hall.

Happy days.

Finally what a great season lies ahead for you...get behind 'Tilly',be it good or bad,and give him and his lads the best backing possible.

David junior lives up North now and is keeping well/think he supports Newcastle now.!!!!

Have a great season
All the best Dave.

Quality - nice one, Naps.

smile.gif

Matt

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Xàbia Shrimper @ July 20 2006,19:59)]Is that it?
I won't bother next time, then!

It was hard work getting the questions out of people, let along trying to arrange the interview, and even then, it was only via email.

Still, never mind

sad.gif

Naps has probably kept some answers back so he can give it the ''I know something you dont''
biggrin.gif

Well done, just a shame some of the questions couldn't have been more intelligent from posters, hence why not many were sent or answered

Good work to get the interview from a legend

Back