• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Should Phil Brown now leave?

• Yes

Votes: 233 65.6%
  • No

Votes: 53 14.9%
  • 3 more games

Votes: 69 19.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Personally think his relationship with the players and possibly Ron too strained now to achieve anything positive. This calendar year we haven't seen too many great performances and another repeat of the thrashing seen last season by Millwall at RH next week and I suspect PB will be gone. Perhaps he actually wants to go?

Personally think his relationship with the players and possibly Ron too strained now to achieve anything positive. This calendar year we haven't seen too many great performances and another repeat of the thrashing seen last season by Millwall at RH next week and I suspect PB will be gone. Perhaps he actually wants to go?

He sounded like a broken man in his post match interview.

We had the monster thread after the season with a poll, lets see what the current opinion is (hard to guess this one)

For me he he has had 7 games plus the league cup game and we now look worse than last season.

Didn't deliver in the transfer window.

Results have not been good enough, the draw against Bolton was a good result but only because we defended for our lives and hung on.

Thanks for getting us out of League Two but time to go Phil.

Left the option for 10 games which is the customary time scale to be judged.

How dare you usurp my megathread!! :thumbdown:

Out of interest, who do you replace Brown with?

Danny Cowley, a local man who has had fantastic success with Concord Rangers, Braintree and now Lincoln. Management at non league level is similar to Football League. It is still all about tactics, man management and signing decent players. Sound him out now Ron before some other club does.

Danny Cowley, a local man who has had fantastic success with Concord Rangers, Braintree and now Lincoln. Management at non league level is similar to Football League. It is still all about tactics, man management and signing decent players. Sound him out now Ron before some other club does.

There you go, another Cowley fan! :thumbsup:

Personally think we will end up with Dougie Freedman, out of work (i believe) and an existing relationship with RM.

Have not checked the stats but I would think Brown's recent record is far worse than the latter stages of Sturrok's reign here. And Ron sacked him.

I would be surprised if Martin isn't lining up a replacement.

Very true but the difference isnt the actual run of performances but the league position and we are in a higher league now. We were expected to be in the play offs that year, and it was that failure that got Sturrock sacked.

That said I think theres just as much justification now.

We got thumped, no two ways about it, but Mooney missed a golden chance at 0-0 and for the first 20 in the second half we had plenty of pots at goal without hitting the target it seems.

The thing that concerns me is there seemed no cohesion at all.

Clarky normally calls things right and he was running out of positives.

A really bad day at the office.

If PB wants to turn this around, he really has to sort out what his best team is and fast.

But why did Mooney bottle it - as Clark said 'coward'.? Under another manager would he have bottled it . We will never know, - unless we get rid of Brown and Mooney starts putting his body on the line

Id highly doubt our chances of getting Cowley considering his just joined Lincoln, non league or not they would demand substantial compensation regarding his short time at the club. Whose to say he would want to jump into a seemingly sinking ship aswell.

Personally think we will end up with Dougie Freedman, out of work (i believe) and an existing relationship with RM.

Or that clown mate of his who managed Notts County last season! :dim:

But why did Mooney bottle it - as Clark said 'coward'.? Under another manager would he have bottled it . We will never know, - unless we get rid of Brown and Mooney starts putting his body on the line

There's a few things that, fair enough, could be laid at PB's door, not as many as some people think, but these are professional footballers. The manager shouldn't need to tell them how to score a goal.

HAvent seen the incident but I doubt the manager in the dugout is going to have that much influence over Mooney's bottle.

Back