• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Should Phil Brown now leave?

• Yes

Votes: 233 65.6%
  • No

Votes: 53 14.9%
  • 3 more games

Votes: 69 19.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The way I see it Ron will wait until Timlin et all come back then make the decision on PB.But will it be to late?

But why did Mooney bottle it - as Clark said 'coward'.? Under another manager would he have bottled it . We will never know, - unless we get rid of Brown and Mooney starts putting his body on the line
Mooney is just not up to Lge 1 standard, this has become evident in recent performances - can't see him changing PB or not.

Shameful thing is we have no one else so he will continue to be in the starting XI, unless Ranger gets fit quick - and Mooney is not the right partner for Cox...

Will we go back for Haber? We need something... Bottom of the barrel or not

Mooney is just not up to Lge 1 standard, this has become evident in recent performances - can't see him changing PB or not.

Shameful thing is we have no one else so he will continue to be in the starting XI, unless Ranger gets fit quick - and Mooney is not the right partner for Cox...

Will we go back for Haber? We need something... Bottom of the barrel or not

Its obvious to everyone that apart from Cox we have very little, if anything, up front. So PB decides not to sign strikers during the transfer window as they wouldnt have improved on what we already had. What a load of cobblers

Enough is enough!!!!

Performances are getting worse.
Problems from last season have not been addressed and I don't buy the theory that last season does not count, of course it does and the games this season have highlighted the mess we are in.
Failed in the transfer market.
Judge me when transfer market is closed. We have, total Rubbish.
Now judge me when I have all my squad back. What next judge me after Christmas??? Total rubbish.
Players look totally unhappy.
Always blaming everyone else.
Total shambles with our one transfer day signing.
Sounds like we were lucky not to lose by 6 today.
Granted the result against Bolton was a good one, we had luck on our side that day that masked the problems. On another day it could have been a cricket score.
RM in the week with his echo piece is trying to pull the wool over the eyes of the fans by claiming we will climb up table when players back from injury (the same players which struggled since January)

I could go on and on.....

If the club do not make changes now, we will be so far adrift of every other team by Xmas that Relegation to League 2 will be unavoidable!!

Change the manager and management team now, clean sweep and get someone in who can motivate the players to perform and breathe new life into the club which we desperately need now.

Rant over!

Millwall will tear us a new arsehole next Saturday.

I am actually dreading getting ruined by them and listening to their moronic miiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Seems strange. If I perform badly at my job I get written warnings and the sack etc. Football managers can be dog**** and still get a pay out.

The peculiarities of the changes in loan situation means that very little can be done between now and the new window. Who on earth, as a new manager, would want to take on the task of turning things around, when there are no options available until January...............apart from having to wait until injured players return. The ship needs to be somehow settled in the next six or so games. If things go from bad to worse I reckon PB will be shown the door around mid October, leaving Coughlan in charge until a new manager is appointed. The new man arriving in November (Reckon Ron's already drawing up a list), this would give the new person a chance to to get his feet under the table, assess the players, the stuation and his requirements for January.
One thing is certainly true, when PB earlier stated............ Chris Phillips ‏@CJPhillips1982 12 minil y a 12 minutes Yorkshire and The Humber, England Brown: "This is the biggest challenge I've had in my whole career."
Probably knows if he screws this, he won't have a future career in football management. Due to our failures to sign players in July and August he's going to have to pray, not only that his players avoid injuries and suspensions but those sidelined with injuries return and remain available..............just how lucly do you feel Phil??????

Brown out and Ron to put the club up for sale please. Its mission impossible for any manager with him in control of the club running it down and increasing debt. The club will come to an end through him.

The signs were there last week. Those who went and who aren't blinkered could see we were lucky not to get a Bolton hiding. Unless something happens we are probably down by Christmas. Brown has to go. The form is worse than appalling. We can't wait until it is just Rigsby left in support of Phil.

I said recently Phil needed a draw and a win to keep him in a job, in my opinion. He got the first part right. I think he's lucky not to have played at Roots Hall and be beaten like that today. We really need a new manager. What a shame Bolton didnt take him this summer.
Still, its like Paul Clark said on the radio today... Phil needs to get his head down and earn his money and actually manage, along with his backroom staff.
Defensively, there are plenty of options available to him to stop the goals tumbling in, these are tactics he needed to employ back end of last season and build on tight games. Not get done with these scorelines. Fan of 31 years, feeling depressed. And its only September.

Martin will not sack brown get used to it

This is the same Martin who sacked fans favourite Tilson and then Sturrock?

He is not scared to pull the trigger.

Brown out and Ron to put the club up for sale please. Its mission impossible for any manager with him in control of the club running it down and increasing debt. The club will come to an end through him.

Whilst Id love a new owner I dont see how Ron is at fault here. We signed 8 players and the likes of Cox werent cheap. What more is have meant to have done?

Have supported Brown in the past but his time should be up now me thinks. It's not just that we're losing but the way that we're losing. Lack of desire, lack of ideas, you don't need the most expensive squad in this division to give teams a game and be tough to beat but we are getting absolutely slaughtered every week atm with this is with players easily good enough to be mid table at this level. I know we judge our players in the extreme at times but bar Thompson, young Smith, an ever aging Barrett and the possibly inclusion of Atkinson and Mooney, these are players that would get into most league one sides. Our form since Jan 2016 has been woeful and there really aren't any excuses. Brown blames this form on injuries but as much as I like him as a player would Timlin or Wordsworth make such a difference to this slump? Have to say I doubt it. The problems seem as though they run much deeper than 2 or 3 players out injured.

Kenny Jackett would be excellent for us and a real breath of fresh air.

Have supported Brown in the past but his time should be up now me thinks. It's not just that we're losing but the way that we're losing. Lack of desire, lack of ideas, you don't need the most expensive squad in this division to give teams a game and be tough to beat but we are getting absolutely slaughtered every week atm with this is with players easily good enough to be mid table at this level. I know we judge our players in the extreme at times but bar Thompson, young Smith, an ever aging Barrett and the possibly inclusion of Atkinson and Mooney, these are players that would get into most league one sides. Our form since Jan 2016 has been woeful and there really aren't any excuses. Brown blames this form on injuries but as much as I like him as a player would Timlin or Wordsworth make such a difference to this slump? Have to say I doubt it. The problems seem as though they run much deeper than 2 or 3 players out injured.

Really?

I didnt think we were that strong last season and I look at the current team and I see a struggling side. Our midfield is very poor, we have no creativity anywhere in the team whatsoever. That will improve when Wordsworth and Timlin are fit, but how long will that be for?

I thought he did bring a few good players in over the close season, but he completely failed to improve the midfield, and that a worry because Im not sure how much a new manager would be able to improve them.

I maintain that he didn't get us out of League 2, he merely stopped us from going up automatically. Our squad should not have struggled to go up as much as it did. I am not turning on Phil all of a sudden after a poor start, I have believed that he has costs us points every year with his 'tactics' and 'motivation'.

I maintain that he didn't get us out of League 2, he merely stopped us from going up automatically. Our squad should not have struggled to go up as much as it did. I am not turning on Phil all of a sudden after a poor start, I have believed that he has costs us points every year with his 'tactics' and 'motivation'.

Hate to hear what you think about Tilson scraping promotion when he got us up with far fewer points despite having a striker like Eastwood. Eek.

Whilst Brown deserves to go now lets not wipe his achievements from history, he got us up with record points, more than any other manager has done. Credit where credit is due, same as criticism.

Back