• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Oh, did we have a system yesterday?

Why didn't anyone tell the players?

:hilarious: Can someone please green YB for me please.

I will judge Brown on next season simple as.

What worries me is, what kind of players PB will bring in over the summer bearing in mind he seems to prefer Straker & Mohsni over the likes of Leonard, Lund & Reeves. :stunned:

I believe that if we get off to a bad start next season Ron will put the boot into Brown. Ron ran out of patience with awful home performances this season - if the same thing start to happen next season he will make changes.
Corr must start our remaining games, and if Moshni has to play it has to be at Centre Half - which is what he is!

I believe that if we get off to a bad start next season Ron will put the boot into Brown. Ron ran out of patience with awful home performances this season - if the same thing start to happen next season he will make changes.
Corr must start our remaining games, and if Moshni has to play it has to be at Centre Half - which is what he is!

No no and thrice NO! He is a liability in defence, the only remaining role for him is as an impact sub in attack, and then only if everything has already gone tits up.

:'(

Drastic™;1515003 said:
:hilarious: Can someone please green YB for me please.

Done.

What worries me is, what kind of players PB will bring in over the summer bearing in mind he seems to prefer Straker & Mohsni over the likes of Leonard, Lund & Reeves. :stunned:

See my Sig.

Drastic™;1515003 said:

Indeed :unsure:

I cant believe Brown has not taken advice off of Coughlan over the players but if he has he's not listening because I doubt very much Coughlan would suggest Mohsni to play

Whose to say he hasn't? Perhaps a soon as Brown came in Coughlan said to PB, I think Moshni would make a great midfielder, Straker is the dogs in Left midfield and leonard and reeves arent really worth a starting position!

The below is taken from a Crewe message board

Phil Brown completely decimated the Southend team by screwing up pretty much every area and it showed. They were bad. Mohsni might as well have sat with us - this guy can terrorise us if he's used as a target man and his height taken advantage of, but I was grinning from ear to ear when I saw him in central midfield!

Credit needs to go to the Southend supporters for getting involved with the Duggy applause, that was fantastic of them. That being said, I'm sure a good few of the Southend fans that were showing off about their 30,000 ticket sales will realise that it's a huge disadvantage to the support and atmosphere when 75% of them don't give a ****.

and another
ut I also believe that Sturrock's sacking and, more crucially, the awful appointment of Brown, ( trust me, he won't last 12 mths, hasn't a clue!), was pivotal.
The charade pre-match over who was going to lead their team out - and then even Brown refused to do so!
He should have grabbed the bull by the horns, puffed his chest out and thought "sod it, I may not deserve this but I'm bloody well going to take advantage and win the thing!"
Not a chance, he looked altogether uncomfortable and clearly doesn't know his team and their respective capabilities.

and another
either way, Southend have nothing to complain about (well, they can complain about their new manager and the decision to put one of their only danger men, Mohsni, in midfield).

Southend United's Bilel Mohsni can terrorise us, we've seen it before. He can be strong, dangerous in the air and aggressive if he uses it properly. He's also capable of being a complete waste of space.

With that in mind, I'd like you all to see the complete extent of his contribution yesterday in an attempt to tackle our young Arsenal loanee Chuks Aneke.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/04/07/article-2305331-19271390000005DC-44_634x515.jpg

fair comments I think

Last edited:
The below is taken from a Crewe message board

Phil Brown completely decimated the Southend team by screwing up pretty much every area and it showed. They were bad. Mohsni might as well have sat with us - this guy can terrorise us if he's used as a target man and his height taken advantage of, but I was grinning from ear to ear when I saw him in central midfield!

Credit needs to go to the Southend supporters for getting involved with the Duggy applause, that was fantastic of them. That being said, I'm sure a good few of the Southend fans that were showing off about their 30,000 ticket sales will realise that it's a huge disadvantage to the support and atmosphere when 75% of them don't give a ****.

and another
ut I also believe that Sturrock's sacking and, more crucially, the awful appointment of Brown, ( trust me, he won't last 12 mths, hasn't a clue!), was pivotal.
The charade pre-match over who was going to lead their team out - and then even Brown refused to do so!
He should have grabbed the bull by the horns, puffed his chest out and thought "sod it, I may not deserve this but I'm bloody well going to take advantage and win the thing!"
Not a chance, he looked altogether uncomfortable and clearly doesn't know his team and their respective capabilities.

fair comment I think

Spot on summary from the Crewe lot.

Back