• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

palexander

Life President
Amazing how supporters have differing opinions...

I thought JCR was outstanding yesterday yet lots of you thought otherwise and would drop him next week!

He was the only player against Swans who was up for the fight. Always trying to create something going forward and gave 100% when he didnt have the ball to win it back. He was clearly the Blues MOM in my opinion.

Young Lawson did well too - he has great awareness for one so young. I'd try and get him into games alot more if I was Tilly.

Finally, isnt it time to give the goat a rest? Gave us nothing again yesterday.

I'm starting to wonder if he has a contract with a 'always-play-if-fit' clause?...
rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (pboreham @ Nov. 13 2005,14:29)]I'm starting to wonder if he has a contract with a 'always-play-if-fit' clause?...  
rock.gif
agree - think he would have been dropped by now if it wasnt for who he is

[b said:
Quote[/b] (stickyboy @ Nov. 13 2005,15:04)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (pboreham @ Nov. 13 2005,14:29)]I'm starting to wonder if he has a contract with a 'always-play-if-fit' clause?...
rock.gif
surely it's because he our only real target man. However he does look like he needs a rest.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (jamesmut2000 @ Nov. 13 2005,15:31)]or drop Cole who offered us nothing yesterday. Again one stong challenge on him and hes out of the game.
Could not disagree more with this statement, before going off, he was the only player doing anything remotely attacking in that 2nd half once our defence had thrown the gameaway.

JCR looks good, but has no football brain what so ever, someone teach him the easy ball once in a while

[b said:
Quote[/b] (stickyboy @ Nov. 13 2005,15:04)]
[b said:
rock.gif
i mentioned this a few weeks ago and was shot down in flames. However it was again in my mind yesterday.

JCR was the only player who looked like causing Swansea any sort of problems, without him the performance would of been ever very bland....

I wouldn't drop JCR or Cole, but Goater needs a rest. I would doubt he's got a play if fit clause, though.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimper2thecore @ Nov. 13 2005,15:43)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (jamesmut2000 @ Nov. 13 2005,15:31)]or drop Cole who offered us nothing yesterday. Again one stong challenge on him and hes out of the game.
Could not disagree more with this statement
Thats only because you've got his name on the back of your shirt. After that tackle, he did not offer a great deal more at all! He should have been attacking that full back more and more in the knowledge that one bad tackle and that blokes off!

JCR is a tricky one. I didn't see anyone else out there trying as hard as he did.
However trying doesn't get you everywhere and the guy didn't put more than 2 or 3 good balls in all afternoon. All flair and no delivery. Not what we need in my opinion.
That guy that posted before was spot on. JCR needs to look the words "easy" and "ball" up in the football dictionary I'm afraid.

I think once JCR gets more of a run in the side we will see him play the easy ball and put the crosses in early. It can be frustrating when he checks back instead of crossing but i think Tilly will improve him in these areas.

I thought JCR was our best player yesterday. The only time he beat his man and crossed it, it was inch perfect but Eastwood headed wide

When Eastwood first played for us you may remember that he used to run the ball all the time and never pass it. However Tilly has now taught him how to lay the simple 10 yard ball. I see no reason why he can't teach JCR the same thing.

JCR's first half performance yesterday was very good indeed - I thought he did the entire midfield's running for them! I still think JCR, Cole, Maher and Gutts is a formidable midfield 4, it's up to Tilly to get them all playing as a unit.

i thought jcr was our best player yesterday. thought cole was cack, one good run and that was it. never tracked back always loses 60/40 tackles in his favour. too much of a luxury in a game like that

I thought JCR's deliveries yesterday were first class - once the management team get him to also play the simple ball when it is right to do so he's gonna be a hell of a player in this division.

Cole needs resting, as does the Goat. He's been a fantastic signing for us but Gray changed the game when he came on and deserves another go with Freddy. The Goat has played more games than any other forward and its starting to show, a rest would do him the world of good.

bas blue - what do you mean when you say Cole loses 60/40 tackles ? - he never actually makes a tackle, he just runs alongside the action but makes sure that he avoids any physical contact - perhaps he has been watching Gower.

Talking of Cole and tackling - is it mandatory for Cole to roll around in a heap at least once EVERY game? By going in less than 100% he always ends up injured and he is going to have a short career if that keeps happening...

Thought JCR had his best game for us yesterday, shame he still gets knocked off the ball too easily but the step overs are getting fewer, perhaps Tilly and Brush are teaching him the virtues of easy football. Believe the Goat to be on a consistant run of giving the ball away much too much, I feel he would be better used as a super sub for the moment as  Gray is more industrious and linked up well with JCR and Freddy.

Perhaps this was a lesson for Tilly and Brush on choosing the right team for the opposition we're against, Although Gutts has been great so far it wasn't until Bents turned up we started to get into them and looked, more balanced and threatening in the final third, infact the whole team came alive after the double substitutions.Hopefully the lesson here is choosing the right men for the right job, we'll see what developes but we've always got the next game to forget the last.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (pboreham @ Nov. 13 2005,14:29)]Amazing how supporters have differing opinions...

I thought JCR was outstanding yesterday yet lots of you thought otherwise and would drop him next week!

He was the only player against Swans who was up for the fight. Always trying to create something going forward and gave 100% when he didnt have the ball to win it back. He was clearly the Blues MOM in my opinion.

Young Lawson did well too - he has great awareness for one so young. I'd try and get him into games alot more if I was Tilly.

Finally, isnt it time to give the goat a rest? Gave us nothing again yesterday.

I'm starting to wonder if he has a contract with a 'always-play-if-fit' clause?...  
rock.gif
Have to say I'm on your side with this one even though alot of my mates totally disagreed with me! Thought he was our best player yesterday. Might be a bit harsh on some of our players, but he looked like one of the only ones that was up for the game, always willing to run and take his man on and try to create oppurtunites, even though it didnt always come off.

Not only was JCR our best player yesterday in terms of an attacking threat, sorry, our only player yesterday with any attacking threat, but his work rate and tracking back was also a lot higher than the others in midfield.

On numerous occasions he tracked back and won the ball in midfield, even getting a yellow card in the process through frustration. OK, we dont want to see our players pick up yellow cards, but perhaps Cole could look at the workrate and effort of JCR in the defensive part of his game aswell as the attacking end.

Back