• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Here's the latest news
Ron can not build a new stadium
Ron will not deliver a new stadium in the near future
Ron can not in any way shape or form get us into a new stadium he is a charlatan at best.

Given that the championship clubs receive a considerable increase in share of the Premiership crumbs I would say the only realistic chance of FF getting going is to get promotion ?

Although I fear its more than just about the Money... Money... Money!!

Given that the championship clubs receive a considerable increase in share of the Premiership crumbs I would say the only realistic chance of FF getting going is to get promotion ?

Although I fear its more than just about the Money... Money... Money!!
I doubt even that would be enough.
Maybe if we got to the Prem that would do it!!

So, where actually are we currently with the whole stadium thing, or to put it another way, where in Ron's world are we? I mean, what is supposed to be happening next? Are we waiting for something to be passed or agreed? I've completely lost touch with it all..

I am getting so sick of seeing other clubs get planning and building wonderful stadiums way after and before us.

This whole sorry episode is a joke. Roots hall Is being left to rott. Either spend some money on roots hall before it gets shut down or make start.

No updates from Ron as usual.

What a complete fiasco.

His original gripe was that the recession hit hard and none of the banks would lend. Banks have been lending for some time now. So what's his excuse this time?

I think we should just give up with Fossetts and rebuild Roots Hall by moving it around

I think we should just give up with Fossetts and rebuild Roots Hall by moving it around

How would you propose that is financed? The whole thing about Fossetts is that it is the sale of Roots Hall that will enable it, no sale = no new ground.

So, where actually are we currently with the whole stadium thing, or to put it another way, where in Ron's world are we? I mean, what is supposed to be happening next? Are we waiting for something to be passed or agreed? I've completely lost touch with it all..
Don't think Ron has even submitted new planning permission yet.
Two scoping applications have been submitted since the exhibition thing at Roots Hall last year.

The new ground if it happens, is still many years away and Roots Hall doesn't even get as much as a new coat of paint. (Unless the volunteer thing went ahead, did it?)

Infact as I have stated before we are one of the few clubs in the top 4 divisions that have not spent any money on at least a new stand in the past 15 years. Plenty of clubs much smaller than us have managed it but not us!

How would you propose that is financed? The whole thing about Fossetts is that it is the sale of Roots Hall that will enable it, no sale = no new ground.

Finance it with flats on site and with Ron I'm sure he could get extra backing if needed.

Fossett's Farm will never happy, look at alternatives

Finance it with flats on site and with Ron I'm sure he could get extra backing if needed.

Fossett's Farm will never happy, look at alternatives

What site? Do you mean Roots Hall? There is not enough room to build enough houses/flats at Roots Hall and a redeveloped stadium. Even if you covered the whole car park in flats I doubt the income would be enough to even build half a new stand.

I suppose Ron could look at building just retail and residential at Fossets Farm, but I very much doubt the plans would be approved.

We are stuck at a crumbling Roots Hall for many years yet & I doubt it's even had a coat of paint despite people on here offering their time and even money to do some work.

What site? Do you mean Roots Hall? There is not enough room to build enough houses/flats at Roots Hall and a redeveloped stadium. Even if you covered the whole car park in flats I doubt the income would be enough to even build half a new stand.

I suppose Ron could look at building just retail and residential at Fossets Farm, but I very much doubt the plans would be approved.

We are stuck at a crumbling Roots Hall for many years yet & I doubt it's even had a coat of paint despite people on here offering their time and even money to do some work.

Two bed flats of a decent quality sell for around 200k.

Easy get 40 flats and leave space.

40 at 200k = 8million. Probably need around 12 million to regenerate roots hall.

40 flats is a rough guess. Obtain the prospects site and also the shops and flats on vic ave and your probably looking at twice that many tbh

40 at 200k = 8million. Probably need around 12 million to regenerate roots hall.

40 flats is a rough guess. Obtain the prospects site and also the shops and flats on vic ave and your probably looking at twice that many tbh
You have got to take building costs out of that as well though. Plus getting planning permission to build on the car park would be very difficult.
Not sure 12m would be enough to regenerate Roots Hall either. Maybe Sherrif H on here would have an idea on how much building 4 new stands at Roots Hall would cost.

Anyway what would be in it for Ron just redeveloping Roots Hall, not much, so that's a non starter.

Surely someone on here must have a little bit of news how this is progressing if it is even! It's been sometime since the project was unveiled and we have heard nothing since!

but that doesn't take into account building costs , which will be about half the selling price , so 4M to build the stadium with.

but that doesn't take into account building costs , which will be about half the selling price , so 4M to build the stadium with.

Or look at it like this. The current climate for housing is booming and housing is in ridiculously low supply.

If we sold root hall off for purely housing of 1, 2, 3 bed flats at an average of 175k.

There is potentially room there for about 200 flats. 200 flats at 175k = £35,000,000 - building costs of 50% (arguable) = £17,500,000.

Are we likely to get any more than that for any development?

The council are under immense pressure to build build build from the government due to shortage. This to me looks the best and most obvious answer.

Back