• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Lee Sawyer coming in but with 100% sell-on percentage

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd be very doubtful that we'd get absolutely nothing for him. Ron simply wouldn't agree to that, why would he?

I think a clause to cover the wages spent maybe?

But at the end of the day, what we 'get' is a very good, young player who has the chance to be part of a team that gets promotion and establishes itself in the CCC. If he then gets sold for £2m and we get nothing, then at very least, he helped us achieve our short term goal.

Maybe Ron could negotiate them to 90% - or how about when he gets sold (at 100%), we get another Chelsea player on loan...

Like I said, agreeing to something like this now, could be very benficial down the line if we have a good relationship with Chelsea.

Where is the incentive to ever sell if we get nothing, we would turn down any bid made for him, not a good idea for the player himself.

If this is true then surely any future transfer would need to be negotiated/rubber stamped by Chelski? Imagine if he does become a £2mil player we could in theory flog him for 50p and a packet of pork scratchings just to screw screw Chelski over, there would be no incentive for us to negotiate a fair transfer fee.

Yea, I cannot see the major issue over this.

I think we'd agree Sawyer is a great talent and could 'maybe' already step into a CCC side, so if we got him in any circumstance it would be a coup.

Chelsea will know they have a talent, that may be worth (at this moment) realistically £150,000 - £300,000 tops due to his age and lack of experience.

If he came to us and we got promoted (this year or next) and had a good season in the CCC (by this time being a well known player), then you could be looking at around £2m+ for him. Makes sense for Chelsea to wait and get what they think he will be potentially worth, rather than give him away for nothing now.

And I agree with Chelsea on this (if true) - they spend a lot of money on coaching and looking after their youngsters, but lets face it, very few will ever break into the first team (their best youth player still cannot make it in Scott Sinclair - yet he is at least top CCC class). So rather than nurturing these talents, then giving them away (in effect) to lower league clubs, then we may well see lots of these sorts of deals.

Same with Man U, they release an awful amount of youth players each year, that have probably been at Old Trafford for 4,5,6+ years already - thats a lot of investment for which Utd see no return.

I would take this deal right now (if it is being offered) as it may well stand us in good stead for similar deals in the future with Chelsea. I'd be well happy if Chelsea were our feeder club!

We know he's talented for his age and has potential, but if Chelsea thought that much of his potential, why are they letting his contract run down? Surely they'd have tied him down to a longer-term deal by now?

Chances are they don't know what thewy've got, especially due to his injury history, and therefore, he might just be obtainable.

at the end of the game on saturday after we had all done the "sawyer is a shrimper" chant, I said to the fellow nearest me as I was leaving "I hope he is" and he replied that "Ipswich have put in a big money bid for him". Has anyone else heard anything about this? I've not seen it mentioned anywhere so I wonder where he got his info from

Where is the incentive to ever sell if we get nothing, we would turn down any bid made for him, not a good idea for the player himself.

If this is true then surely any future transfer would need to be negotiated/rubber stamped by Chelski? Imagine if he does become a £2mil player we could in theory flog him for 50p and a packet of pork scratchings just to screw screw Chelski over, there would be no incentive for us to negotiate a fair transfer fee.

As said above, the contract on the face of it would be unworkable. IF TRUE there would need to be clauses inserted to cover against exactly those problems you've highlighted. I would expect neither Southend United nor Chelsea (nor even Sawyer) to be naive enough to enter into the bargain without them.

As said above, the contract on the face of it would be unworkable. IF TRUE there would need to be clauses inserted to cover against exactly those problems you've highlighted. I would expect neither Southend United nor Chelsea (nor even Sawyer) to be naive enough to enter into the bargain without them.

Such clauses would probably infringe League rules regarding third party control. Not that these rules seem to be enforced, as the cheating Hamster scum have shown.

unfortunately clubs like us stay afloat by selling the occasional superstar that comes onto our books once every blue moon. What we have to do is find the Sawyers of this world before anybody else does.

I'd be unhappy if we did take this deal, but it would still be beneficial for us. I'd hope that we could at least have 50% of his future sell-on, which would sound reasonable if we paid say £100,000 up front for the lad.

What incentive do we have if Chelsea get all future transfer fees?

If he turns out to be a duffer (Which I doubt) then we get lumbered with his wages, If he is good we pay his wages for a season or two and get no return plus need to find a replacement.

Never heard of this type of deal before so be suprised as fail to see what we gain.

Clubs like Chelsea, Man Utd etc invest in youth in the hope that a few good uns come out from the batch. Hundreds of players slip there nets every season and filter down into teams like us. See now reason why Swayer should be so different.

What incentive do we have if Chelsea get all future transfer fees?

If he turns out to be a duffer (Which I doubt) then we get lumbered with his wages, If he is good we pay his wages for a season or two and get no return plus need to find a replacement.

Never heard of this type of deal before so be suprised as fail to see what we gain.

Clubs like Chelsea, Man Utd etc invest in youth in the hope that a few good uns come out from the batch. Hundreds of players slip there nets every season and filter down into teams like us. See now reason why Swayer should be so different.

An amazing player for a few years seems like quite a lot to get out of it.

As for us refusing any transfer bid, I imagine Chelsea would negotiate in this hypothetical situation. Unforunately it sounds so unlike us that I can't believe it.

update on lee sawyer

Ive heard that Lee Sawyer is signing for us and if he is sold in within so many years Chelsea reiceve all the transfer fee.Very good sause.I think this would be a great move for us as we havent got any money to spend on players.Also i think lee could play for england at some point in his carrer.
Read the chelsea website tap in lee sawyer and this backs up whot ive told you .

Read the chelsea website tap in lee sawyer and this backs up whot ive told you .

why not post a link ?

cause this is all thats on there

There are also two Chelsea men in League One, with Lee Sawyer at Southend and Shaun Cummings with MK Dons, under the guidance of former Blues Roberto Di Matteo and Eddie Newton.

Shaun, 19, has made 11 starts for the Dons, and has just served a one-match suspension after receiving a red card against Leyton Orient for a foul inside the penalty area. Up to that point he had been a regular at right-back.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back