• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Lee Sawyer coming in but with 100% sell-on percentage

Status
Not open for further replies.
go on chelseafc.com then tap in lee sawyer top right then scroll down to sky sports click that scroll down and read on the right click top one sawyer eyes southend return

But surely we know all this though?
Only truly positive statement (also reported elsewhere & on Southend OS) is

Moving to Southend permanently has been discussed a little bit

Here is the article, dated 12 Novemeber, which I don't think tells us anything we didn't already know.

"Lee Sawyer has admitted that a permanent move to Southend is an option for him in January.

The Chelsea midfielder has been on loan at Roots Hall for the past three months but will return to his parent club after Saturday's clash with Tranmere.

He has made 12 appearances for the Shrimpers and hopes to return in the New Year.

"I'm looking to come back in January. I will see what my options are then take it from there," Sawyer told the club's official website.

"Moving to Southend permanently has been discussed a little bit but we will have to see what happens between now and January and then when January actually comes as well."

Southend youngster Stuart O'Keefe, meanwhile, has put pen-to-paper on a three-year professional contract.

The 17-year-old has impressed for the youth team this term and has now set his sights on breaking into the senior side.

"I'm over the moon to have signed the contract," he said. "My main target now is to get into the first team.""

Ive heard that Lee Sawyer is signing for us and if he is sold in within so many years Chelsea reiceve all the transfer fee.Very good sause.I think this would be a great move for us as we havent got any money to spend on players.Also i think lee could play for england at some point in his carrer.

What sause is that! If we sign him for e.g. three years do you think we would let him go in that period knowing that Chelsea will get the money? No chance, we'd keep him until the last day in that case. Where do these crazy ideas come from? Now if you are talking a loan that's different.

Ive heard that Lee Sawyer is signing for us and if he is sold in within so many years Chelsea reiceve all the transfer fee.Very good sause.I think this would be a great move for us as we havent got any money to spend on players.Also i think lee could play for england at some point in his carrer.

If true, sounds like this would be leasing style arrangement, differing from a loan deal, where we don't own the asset, but pay for his running costs [salary].

Something like leasing a car or property - when the capital cost cannot be afforded, but pay as you go for the petrol, tax, insurance etc.

Maybe complicated when and if "ownership" becomes an issue in any future transfer talks.

Obviously, if we can sign Sawyer, that would be a terrific addition to the side. Him and JFC (Who is close to signing) have made a very good partnership in the middle of the midfield.

Not sure about this 100% sell on clause though. Surely its unworkable.

re lee sawyer

Looks like lee maybe playing against chelsea for his official opening game for southend utd, if the deal goes through quick .

Looks like lee maybe playing against chelsea for his official opening game for southend utd, if the deal goes through quick .

the games on the 3rd or 4th of jan so the deal would have to be done with in 3 days. i'd love it to go through, 0-0 at 90 mins, then lee comes up with a cracking 30 yard screamer, or am i getting my hopes up?

Can't say how important this is for us, if it goes through. Particularly in consideration of the news about JFC's injury. IIUC Ron is meeting up with Chelsea officials this week.

I still don't think that we will sign Sawyer, but if we did, I do wonder if Chelsea will put a clause in so that he can't play against them.

- G

if he does not sign he could play agains us in the F.A cup and knock us out - no that would be ironic

Any further details on the deal Chemico? Is it looking as though it is indeed the deal you said before, or is it not clear?

Cheers.

i think they can do it if they sold that player in that season. didnt man u do it with tim howard. stopped him playing for everton the season he left?

They did but at that time he was on loan at Everton from MUFC before signing permanently.

As of EU Law Chelsea can't stop him playing against us, comes under a trade restriction IIRC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back