• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Options

• Boo him as I would any returning player

Votes: 3 6.8%
  • Would have cheered him but will now boo after his celebrations

Votes: 20 45.5%
  • Good servant will cheer him.

Votes: 21 47.7%

• Total voters

Mad Cyril

The Fresh Prince of Belfairs⭐⭐
Cultured centre half Leon Cort has Joined Hull City on a free transfer.

He is hoping to impress Tigers manager Peter Taylor with his impressive range of passing and intelligent use of the ball.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Artful Shrimper @ June 07 2004,15:07)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (steveh1510 @ June 07 2004,14:43)]Don't remember him. Did he play for us recently?
...Yes, Buzz used him as a striker for a while, but wasn't too successful so was made to stand at the back.
Nah thats was Tony Richards buzz used him as a striker,and then was made to stand in the back of changing rooms to save further embarassment.
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bigdel @ June 07 2004,20:49)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Artful Shrimper @ June 07 2004,15:07)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (steveh1510 @ June 07 2004,14:43)]Don't remember him. Did he play for us recently?
...Yes, Buzz used him as a striker for a while, but wasn't too successful so was made to stand at the back.
Nah thats was Tony Richards buzz used him as a striker,and then was made to stand in the back of changing rooms to save further embarassment.
biggrin.gif
That's nothing compared to his "Cameo" on the right wing against Hartlepool!

biggrin.gif

I have just read on the hull rival site . A nd it has been reported that in the first day of training .LEON CORT has broken his toe on a treadmill and will miss the first 4 weeks of the new season .Oh dear Ha Ha Ha what a shame dont we all feel sorry for him .
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
smile.gif

Why are you laughing in his misfortune?

Cort only left because he wanted higher league football. SUFC matched every wage he was offered at Hull but he wanted to try at a higher level and you can't blame him for that.

Well I am sorry dave but I dont think to many fans will agree with you . A lot of fans were unhappy at cort leaveing .

We got him for nothing. He left for nothing.

In between we got some good performances. Get real. We don't have to hate every player who leaves to play in a higher division.

Up the blues.

Personally I think a lot of fans WILL agree with Dave.
What exactly has Cort done wrong?
How long should he have stayed at Roots Hall before he was allowed to move on to play football at a higher level?
And what message does it send to any other squad member that if they play well enough to attract the attention of a higher league club, the fans will hate them for it?

Best of luck Leon - hope it all works out in the end.

I got no sour grapes with Cort, but I still think he has been way over rated from my humble view whilst playing for The Shrimpers.

Besides shouldn't this be in another forum bit...Ex-Players one?

I give Leon the respect he deserves.He pre-warned us that he had been offered a good deal fron Hull, and that it was likely he'd take it. He'd been a good servant to us for a few years. Scored a few goals. Got a hat trick at THAT memorable game.Could easily emulate the success of his brother. In fact done everything we could have asked for.....

when I heard he'd broke his toe, I must admit.......

I still laughed like Muttley
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (South Bank Hank @ July 08 2004,21:08)]Personally I think a lot of fans WILL agree with Dave.
How long should he have stayed at Roots Hall before he was allowed to move on to play football at a higher level?
And what message does it send to any other squad member that if they play well enough to attract the attention of a higher league club, the fans will hate them for it?

Agreed, although I'm not convinced he'll make the grade I don't think we can begrudge giving him the opportunity and it wasn't exactly a bombshell dropped out of the blue.

Now the other Leon, that would have been funny.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (* ORM * @ July 08 2004,23:32)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (South Bank Hank @ July 08 2004,21:08)]Personally I think a lot of fans WILL agree with Dave.

Agreed, although I'm not convinced he'll make the grade I don't think we can begrudge giving him the opportunity and it wasn't exactly a bombshell dropped out of the blue.

Now the other Leon, that would have been funny.
I personally don't think there is that much difference in the standard. granted the championship he simply would not be good enough!

It never ceases to amaze me how some "fans" treat players.

We choose to support our club and pay for the privilege.

Players don't play for us through choice... it is through the necessity to earn a living. As soon as a better deal comes up, they're off, and you can't blame them.

Hate players because they serve you badly, not because they want to better themselves. Leon served us well. He will be welcome down at the Hall as an opposition player. I don't think last season he did himself justice but he always gave us 100% and that's what I want from a player.

So get over it.

I doubt he'll play much for Hull this season, especially if he's missing until mid September.

In amongst all this, no-one gives a stuff about the treadmill. Was that damaged?

wink.gif

I think Petejan may have his Leons crossed!

I don't feel bad towards Cort. Some may doubt his ability - and that's fine - but he was a good servant to the club. A bigger club came along and he took the opportunity to test himself at a higher level.

He didn't lie to us... he was honest.

Good luck Leon CORT!

Have to agree with Scriv (yet again!).

Leon Cort did his best for the club whilst he was here. He left, when out of contract & without trying to arrange some sort of pre contract agreement at Xmas, to go to a team who some Hull fans I know really believe are on the verge of bigger things. To work with a man who may not be the best manager in the world but has undoubted talent at coaching at almost the highest level. Fair do's to Leon you are looking to the future & I like many wish you a speedy recovery.

As for the other Leon he did most of these the other way round, but we'll have the last laugh when Fat Barry Scumfry gets Posh relegated.

I'm with Hooly, OS, McSriv etc on this one.

I feel no resentment towards Leon Cort at all - he gave Southend three good years and I wish him all the best. Hope he recovers from his injury soon.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (petejan @ July 08 2004,20:24)]Well I am sorry dave but I dont think to many fans will agree with you . A lot of fans were unhappy at cort leaveing .
I think you're in a minority here. Leon Cort did nothing wrong, you can't fault the lad for having ambition.

Back