• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Tommy2holes

Life President⭐
Lets be honest we have no money , well atleast until the new stadium is built (still not sure if it will).

But when we last won this league, a different and much easier league back then, we had lower league players who where hungry aggressive and although not blessed with skill where the type i enjoy watching.

Now it seems the time has come for Tilly and Brushy to show there true credentials and do again what some claimed was a fluke and luck first time round.

Yes they have signed some quality and im sure that was more judgement than luck , but we need some players in the bentley mould. Players that will run and run and a cold away day at carlisle and make last ditch tackles to save points.

There are plenty of these type of players around and im sure dagenham must have a few that would fit the bill.
Im not one who likes to see bigger clubs poaching players, but thats the name of the game as we have seen with freddy etc.

Add to this a couple of top class loanees from the top flight academies and there is no reason why we cant keep pace with the elite at the top. Im sure the club realise what a useful tool it can be to have good links with premier league clubs and the youth tournament this summer could have a very positive affect in attracting loanees next term.

Now the fixtures have been released and season card purchased i for one cant wait, but lets get real regarding signings and appreciate that we have done it before on a lesser budget and the same management team are still in place. We may not have glamour signings this term, but let us trust they will be players who will be honest and brave and do the club and us the fans pround.

Come on you blues

To get promoted you need a Freddy Eastwood. Every team who is up there has a 20 goal a season man. When we were promoted alot of it was down to Freddy pulling goals out of nothing.

Too true but eastwood came from non league for minimal fee which is exaclty the point i am advocating

To get promoted you need a Freddy Eastwood. Every team who is up there has a 20 goal a season man.

Not true although it can help. I dont believe MK Dons had a 20 goal a year man last year and they scored lots of goals.
In fact we scored 72 goals when we won the title with Fred getting 23 and 2 years later we scored only 2 less with our top scorer getting 9.
There are several different ways for the team to score enough goals.

Doncaster got promoted with James Hayter as thier top scorer and I dont think he had double figures.

You need a solid back four and keeper.

You only need one goal to win a game if you have a tight defence.

Lets be honest we have no money , well atleast until the new stadium is built (still not sure if it will).

But when we last won this league, a different and much easier league back then, we had lower league players who where hungry aggressive and although not blessed with skill where the type i enjoy watching.

Now it seems the time has come for Tilly and Brushy to show there true credentials and do again what some claimed was a fluke and luck first time round.

Yes they have signed some quality and im sure that was more judgement than luck , but we need some players in the bentley mould. Players that will run and run and a cold away day at carlisle and make last ditch tackles to save points.

There are plenty of these type of players around and im sure dagenham must have a few that would fit the bill.
Im not one who likes to see bigger clubs poaching players, but thats the name of the game as we have seen with freddy etc.

Add to this a couple of top class loanees from the top flight academies and there is no reason why we cant keep pace with the elite at the top. Im sure the club realise what a useful tool it can be to have good links with premier league clubs and the youth tournament this summer could have a very positive affect in attracting loanees next term.

Now the fixtures have been released and season card purchased i for one cant wait, but lets get real regarding signings and appreciate that we have done it before on a lesser budget and the same management team are still in place. We may not have glamour signings this term, but let us trust they will be players who will be honest and brave and do the club and us the fans pround.

Come on you blues

I am sorry but getting "a few players from Dagenham" is NOT a recipe for promotion. Unless we get lucky with another Eastwood-type signing, the best we can hope for "on a shoestring" is a ticking over season, the worst ? .... who knows.

cast.jpg

I agree that he would have to make an Eastwood-esque contribution to get us promoted but I have every faith in Tilson and Brush.

Doncaster got promoted with James Hayter as thier top scorer and I dont think he had double figures.

You need a solid back four and keeper.

You only need one goal to win a game if you have a tight defence.
Got to go along with this. There were times last season before DDervite turned up, Southend needed to get two or even three goals just to get a share of the points. Tight defence first please.

I am sorry but getting "a few players from Dagenham" is NOT a recipe for promotion. Unless we get lucky with another Eastwood-type signing, the best we can hope for "on a shoestring" is a ticking over season, the worst ? .... who knows.

When we won our double promotion we had the likes of Flahavan (Joined from Woking), Eastwood (Joined from Grays), Gower (Joined from Barnet), Bentley (Joined from Dagenham). Its do-able. Just look at Peterborough, a lot of their players have joined from non-league Clubs and they are in the Championship now.

When we won our double promotion we had the likes of Flahavan (Joined from Woking), Eastwood (Joined from Grays), Gower (Joined from Barnet), Bentley (Joined from Dagenham). Its do-able. Just look at Peterborough, a lot of their players have joined from non-league Clubs and they are in the Championship now.

Indeed.

I wonder if Andy Mangan of Forest Green is on the radar, after a fantastic season in the Blue Sq Prem. He scored 26 goals to finish top scorer. Although he has a few issues surrounding him, with some dodgy match fixing scandal....

Should fit right in then?

;)

Come on you blues

Good post Tommy my old son, unfortunately at this stage i can't see us progressing from last term. God i hope i'm wrong

Back