• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ah, thanks Wiggles.

xx

I'm not sure how going to watch a match at Dagenham makes me a proper Southend United supporter though. I just fancied the game as it's not something I've done before.

Of course it is. My judgement is 100 times better than YB's.

...but then Yorkshire Blue's is still INFINITELY better than yours!!

:finger: :thump:

Love and hugs.
SBH.

:p

You obviously took the time and effort to go to Daggers to see wonder kid Hoops, that's why you are proper rather than forming an opinion about him from a comfy chair at home. Don't know about you but think he looks like a poor man's Rooney at the moment but getting better all the time. Should never have let him out on loan, all he needs is a proper footballer to play with i.e Clarke, Barnard, Walker not Macdonald, Harrold or Revell!

You obviously took the time and effort to go to Daggers to see wonder kid Hoops, that's why you are proper rather than forming an opinion about him from a comfy chair at home. Don't know about you but think he looks like a poor man's Rooney .

Mickey Rooney?

You obviously took the time and effort to go to Daggers to see wonder kid Hoops, that's why you are proper rather than forming an opinion about him from a comfy chair at home. Don't know about you but think he looks like a poor man's Rooney at the moment but getting better all the time. Should never have let him out on loan, all he needs is a proper footballer to play with i.e Clarke, Barnard, Walker not Macdonald, Harrold or Revell!

I know we differ in opinion on this, but I do think the loan could prove to be the right move. He is improving all the time, but for me, when he has been given the chance for Southend, he hasn't taken it.

If he's thriving now, you could argue that he's found his form with a decent partner to play alongside. You could also argue though, that League 2 gives him a lot more freedom to express his talents.

Personally, I'd still rather start with Barnard and Walker. Since Gary's not been performing well enough in the starts he has had, if he's not improving by sitting on the bench, and if we still see him as one for the future (which I think he most definitely is), then a loan move seems to have been the best option.

I have to agree that sending him out on loan is a very good move. With Barnard and Walker playing he would at best be first reserve and probably behind McDonald. If you are going to have 2 forward subs Revell/Harrold give you a different physical option to McDonald/Hooper.

The key to me is that he was offered a new contract before being loaned out making it clear to him he has a future with Southend. The fact that he has scored 5 goals is a bonus.

Whilst I think he is probably behind McDonald at the moment I believe he has the potential to be better and playing regular first team football can only help develop that.

If Charlie Mac is joining Alex Revell & Hal Robson-Kanu on the injured list does this mean a premature end for Gary Hooper's spell at Hereford or another chance for Matt Harrold? We need at least one striker on the bench.

I'm hoping for Hooper coming back, even if it is only to benefit the club in the short term.

I'd like to think we all are.

Back