• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Morecambe FC 1-1 Southend Utd

The delusion on this forum continues. MM is full of ****e, just listened to the post match press interview, the guys is passionless and has zero leadership qualities whatsoever from what I can see.

If I hear the word project or process again......

He does not care enough...just a job and too many badges and bull**** for me. I can’t believe people on here are defending him and his methods. I am watching the worst side play the most dull football I have seen in my 33 years of watching the blues, that will result in our relegation to the National League for the first time in our history, he is therefore the worst manager in our history!

Nothing about the performance today said to me we are going to get the 4 wins I would think we need from 6, when we have only won 8 games in 40!

Ah....if only he cared more....

???

Got no idea if you’re agreeing or disagreeing with me then ?‍♂️?‍♂️

But attacking intent doesn’t always equal attacking outcome.
I was just pointing out some facts but how can you determine if a team has attacking intent or more so or the same as the opposition if the attacking intent in question doesn’t have attacking outcome ? Explain.

Reactions: Dvg
Really we were no where good enough to win that game. We did surprise them and Dieng took the chance having missed 4 or 5 similar ones in earlier games. However the cross from Elvis landed perfectly for him. However we couldn’t control the game and Morecambe of course started to get on top and went into half time where they no doubt got a few words of wisdom from their manager. They upped the tempo and were man for man more powerful than us particularly attacking wise. Even Stephen Hendrie looked strong. So they scored their goal and probably think they deserved at least one more as they put more and more balls into our box.

We made our usual substitutions who had no impact on the game - - they never seem to improve us.

So MM is gutted again - we hung in for a decent point. I’m sure Derek Adams has much more reason to be gutted 17 shots and just 2 on target. We were never going to win and really it was their shortcomings rather than our strengths that won us a point.

Good job Alex Ferguson and Arsenal Wenger don’t come on here and try and argue with you.

No doubt misinterpretation, misunderstanding and unrecognised nuances would abound.

The facts are incontrovertible.

Your much lauded process is **** and is taking us to non league for the first time in 100 years and you still can’t see it.

Oh.....how many more times? It’s Peter Clarke but Paul Clark. Keep up.

I believe Southend were trying to win the game. They had the same intent on winning it as Morecambe did. They had three times the amount of efforts on target. They pushed as many players forward as Morecombe did. They made every effort possible to try and score.

Did they have the same level of ability or the same quality as morecombe? Probably not. But that’s a different point all together isn’t it?

Good job Alex Ferguson and Arsenal Wenger don’t come on here and try and argue with you.

Now that’s a conversation I would relish. I’m pretty sure I’d be happy to listen and I’m equally sure many of my arguments would be reinforced by their wisdom. Especially given that many of my beliefs have been moulded by what I have read and studied about them.

What I’d really like to hear would be the conversation they had with you. Now that would be entertaining ??

Oh.....how many more times? It’s Peter Clarke but Paul Clark. Keep up.

Peter Clark? Paul Clarke? I have no idea who you mean

Ah....if only he cared more....

???
I genuinely don’t see it, in my line of work I see plenty of managers who do not care enough. They are not leaders and I generally move them on. The biggest skill set required as a football manager is leadership and man management. Football is a very simple game and MM is one of those managers who makes it far too complicated. Full of bull****, clearly you don’t agree and love the modern coach with zero charisma or people management ability all about the project, the process!

We are all entitled to our opinions but please don’t laugh at mine, I find it offensive.

I just hope he is sacked when we are inevitably relegated as RM can only have not sacked him due to cost, no other reason.

I genuinely don’t see it, in my line of work I see plenty of managers who do not care enough. They are not leaders and I generally move them on. The biggest skill set required as a football manager is leadership and man management. Football is a very simple game and MM is one of those managers who makes it far too complicated. Full of bull****, clearly you don’t agree and love the modern coach with zero charisma or people management ability all about the project, the process!

Have you considered for one second that given that we all agree we have some pretty average players and most seem to think a pretty useless chairman (not an opinion I share btw) that maybe MM is actually showing real leadership, and really good man management just to have us still in the fight and still picking up points?

My favourite ever coach was Brian Clough followed by Jose so I don’t consider either of them to be lacking Charisma.

We are all entitled to our opinions but please don’t laugh at mine, I find it offensive.

I was laughing at the notion that he didn’t care and my own comment in respect of things being different simply if he cared more. That has nothing to do with laughing at your opinion.

I believe Southend were trying to win the game. They had the same intent on winning it as Morecambe did. They had three times the amount of efforts on target. They pushed as many players forward as Morecombe did. They made every effort possible to try and score.

Did they have the same level of ability or the same quality as morecombe? Probably not. But that’s a different point all together isn’t it?
I’m curious that you discuss our team in the third person there Ollie. Not we were trying to win or we had the same intent but ‘Southend’ and ‘they’. Are you like most of us... by fate of birth or upbringing a lifelong shrimper or some kind of here today gone tomorrow ‘fan’ with a temporary connection to the club ? Your casual insistence that the project is going so well and to plan in the face of all evidence to the contrary is extraordinary.

Im not sure I even understand what is and isn’t referring to in the third person tbh so I can’t really answer why I wrote it that way.

Does it matter? Is my opinion only welcome if I was born within 5 miles of Roots Hall with a family tradition of standing on the south terrace?

And at what point have I ever suggested the project or the process is going well or going to plan? It may have escaped you that I seem to have an ongoing bit of ‘banter’ with some on here about the process but all I ever try and do is explain just what is meant by the process, how it works, what constitutes a process and how it should be judged....I’ve been quite clear on that. I simply keep repeating that a process is ongoing and can’t really be judged unless you have a finite requirement from it ie a finish date or an end goal.

Last edited:
The PE teacher is killing us! Why isnt mellis given a start? Egbri should have started by now! Play 2 up top! Play to win for 90 mins not just 45! The guy is so negative when we need to be positive!! Ron should have got rid a month a go!!

You cant just look at shot stats to judge on attacking intent. Take the injury time for example. Ricky Holmes over hits a cross with several Southend players in good areas at the far post. Then Clifford scuffs one in the same situation less than a minute later.

Then intent was absolutely there we just don't have the ability.

Our whole season has been defined by our complete lack of quality with our final ball and our finishing....From penalties to headers and every cross or set piece. There has been some absolute shocking levels for so called professional footballers. Even Tom Clifford has gone from before his recent injury of being 7 or 8 to 3 or 4 in quality of set pieces.

A major reason for that is pressure. Players who are winners handle pressure better. When your under an embargo, not getting payed and on 2 points......Winners don't sign for you unless they are so far past their best no one in the NL would even sign them.

Still don't take my word for it but a very well known former player and Southend manger stopped for a chat on the seafront a couple of weeks ago and we had this very discussion.

Im not sure I even understand what is and isn’t referring to in the third person tbh so I can’t really answer why I wrote it that way.

Does it matter? Is my opinion only welcome if I was born within 5 miles of Roots Hall with a family tradition of standing on the south terrace?
It matters because it puts context to your posts and without answering you’ve answered. Thanks

It matters because it puts context to your posts and without answering you’ve answered. Thanks

The context of my posts are generally an attempt to offer balanced, objective and fair opinion. I think I do ok at that. Although I understand those more emotionally invested find that difficult sometimes when they want instant gratification.

Really we were no where good enough to win that game. We did surprise them and Dieng took the chance having missed 4 or 5 similar ones in earlier games. However the cross from Elvis landed perfectly for him. However we couldn’t control the game and Morecambe of course started to get on top and went into half time where they no doubt got a few words of wisdom from their manager. They upped the tempo and were man for man more powerful than us particularly attacking wise. Even Stephen Hendrie looked strong. So they scored their goal and probably think they deserved at least one more as they put more and more balls into our box.

We made our usual substitutions who had no impact on the game - - they never seem to improve us.

So MM is gutted again - we hung in for a decent point. I’m sure Derek Adams has much more reason to be gutted 17 shots and just 2 on target. We were never going to win and really it was their shortcomings rather than our strengths that won us a point.
It’s not the hope that kills, it’s the realisation that we have fans that ooze negativity. Dieng apparently scored not because of any skill: he’s proved in previous games that he doesn’t have that, so the goal came about because the cross “landed perfectly for him.” (I’m not sure whether Elvis is to be congratulated for the cross.) And then, “we were never going to win.” “Of course.“ It was all about Morecambe’s shortcomings, rather than our strengths (which we seemingly don’t have.) And it’s not just our current players who are mentioned in dispatches. If you’re negative you don’t forget a Blue: “even” Stephen Hendrie looked strong. Yes, there’s a pigeon hole for lots of players.

Have you considered for one second that given that we all agree we have some pretty average players and most seem to think a pretty useless chairman (not an opinion I share btw) that maybe MM is actually showing real leadership, and really good man management just to have us still in the fight and still picking up points?

My favourite ever coach was Brian Clough followed by Jose so I don’t consider either of them to be lacking Charisma.

I was laughing at the notion that he didn’t care and my own comment in respect of things being different simply if he cared more. That has nothing to do with laughing at your opinion.

We are basically a Tottenham league two version. If we are lucky to go 1-0 up we sit back for the rest of the game trying to protect a lead that we end up giving away. Lol Jose is a dinosaur now days.

Paul clark knows his place, been there done that and why would he tarnish his reputation now.
Worlds apart now, i can just see Paul clark telling the lads to get stuck in and MM saying his iphone disagrees.

The PE teacher is killing us! Why isnt mellis given a start? Egbri should have started by now! Play 2 up top! Play to win for 90 mins not just 45! The guy is so negative when we need to be positive!! Ron should have got rid a month a go!!
The better question is probably why was Mellis signed. Not why isn’t he starting. From his brief substitute appearances he looks worse than the midfield options we already have.

Back