• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Music Quiz

Ron Manager

I am extremely bored, so have been compiling this music quiz for you all whilst I wait to go for a liquid lunch. Winner gets my admiration and respect - and maybe a pint in the Puzzle pub at Crossharbour, but you have to claim it in person by seeing me in there this lunchtime  
tounge.gif

1 - Name the album and artist/band

B000002LGL.01._PE8_SCMZZZZZZZ_.jpg

2- Which song contains the lyrics "So why on earth should I moan, 'cause when I get you alone, you know I feel okay"?

3 -How is James Osterberg better known?

4 - Who had an 80s hit with 'I Want To Know What Love Is'?

5 - In which year did Bob Marley die?

6 - Can you unscramble the artist and title of this song?
'COOL ELVES LIST - SOME RIVALRY'

7 - Who wrote the Monkees' hit 'I'm A Believer'?

8 - In which city is Jim Morrison's grave?

9 - Which band recorded the theme tune for the Channel 4 comedy 'Father Ted'?

10 - Who was behind the original 70s hit 'Lady Marmalade'?

A point will be given to the first person to correctly answer each individual question. Good Luck.

1. Joy Division - Unknown Pleasures
3. Iggy Pop
4. Foreigner
5. 1981
7. Neil Diamond
8. Paris
9. Divine Comedy
10. Paul McCartney / Beatles

And they're the ones I know off the top of my head

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Leeboy @ Feb. 07 2005,10:48)]1. Joy Division - Unknown Pleasures
3. Iggy Pop
5. 1981
7. Neil Diamond
8. Paris
9. Divine Comedy
10. Paul McCartney / Beatles
1 - Half a point (according to Amazon you've got the band but not the album title right)

3 - Correct

5 - Correct

7 - Correct

8 - Correct

9- Correct

10 - Wrong

5 and a half points to Leeboy, coming to claim your pint mate?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hockley_Blues @ Feb. 07 2005,10:48)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Ron Manager @ Feb. 07 2005,10:41)]4 - Who had an 80s hit with 'I Want To Know What Love Is'?
Foreigner
smile.gif
Correct

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Ron Manager @ Feb. 07 2005,10:41)]10 - Who was behind the original 70s hit 'Lady Marmalade'?
bollox - I read it so quick I thought you meant the Band Marmalade, as in Obla -Di etc.

wasn't that LaBelle or something like that?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Leeboy @ Feb. 07 2005,10:54)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Ron Manager @ Feb. 07 2005,10:41)]10 - Who was behind the original 70s hit 'Lady Marmalade'?
bollox - I read it so quick I thought you meant the Band Marmalade, as in Obla -Di etc.

wasn't that LaBelle or something like that?
Correct - smart arse!

wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mad Cyril @ Feb. 07 2005,11:02)]6 - Elvis Costello - Olivers Army
Correct

Just the Joy Division album title left

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Leeboy @ Feb. 07 2005,11:16)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (West Country Shrimper @ Feb. 07 2005,11:09)]Joy Division album was Unknown Pleasures.
that's what I said but Andy said it was wrong....hmm... I think he needs to check his research  
rock.gif
sh*t - sorry, have just checked it out and you are both quite right.

ghostface.gif

So, 7 points to Leeboy!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (West Country Shrimper @ Feb. 07 2005,11:38)]Do I get anything good, for one point?
wow.gif
No, because Leeboy had already got it right before. Sorry.....

sad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Leeboy @ Feb. 07 2005,11:37)]you sir, are quite clearly rubbish. And on your birthday as well, tut tut
wink.gif
I am, you are correct, as sh*te as The Darkness covering a Bay City Rollers song!

down.gif

Back