• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

national league

Did your crowds increase or decrease in the NL? And were there many of your fans thinking relegation would be the end of Col Ewe??

Our crowds increased quite a lot, once games were being won, we got virtually capacity crowds towards the end of the season. When we went down yes fans thought we were finished, but instead we had two great seasons, lots of wins new grounds to visit and of course winning the FA Trophy final at Wembley.

You think some of the away support we would take to some of these grounds, only problem is I think most of them would make it all ticket for our away support to a lot of them.

Yes we were taking loads to away games, many of the Vauxhall Conference clubs at the time struggled with crowd control. These days most of these clubs have better stadiums but you will find tickets hard to come by at many of them.

Yes we were taking loads to away games, many of the Vauxhall Conference clubs at the time struggled with crowd control. These days most of these clubs have better stadiums but you will find tickets hard to come by at many of them.

If our dear friends do take the tumble, I’m pretty sure we get this entire forum to ourselves. Everyone else will have to decamp to the General Football section. Which begs the question: which one of us wants to moderator?

Re: away games. Now Maidstone have gone down, the only ground you’ll definitely struggle to get tickets to is Maidenhead. Boreham Wood will give you 3 sides of the ground and Dagenham will probably give you two. Sutton - if they’re still down there - Barnet and Wealdstone will have enough room.

Our crowds increased quite a lot, once games were being won, we got virtually capacity crowds towards the end of the season. When we went down yes fans thought we were finished, but instead we had two great seasons, lots of wins new grounds to visit and of course winning the FA Trophy final at Wembley.
Blimey, it sounds wonderful, I cant wait for next season!

It was a different world when the farmhands went down .... Mostly all clubs was part timers with rubbish grounds with no supporters at all

now most have rich backers and have a few bob to spend and its a graveyard of struggling ex league clubs.

We had a little taste recently in the FA cup playing Dover and Boreham Wood we was beat both times

I am fearful as the below poster :

'''however i am very deeply upset at SUFC losing its football league status and go completey and utterly sort of psycho when people talk about SUFC in the national league ...

and the thought that some people don't mind destroys me'''

It was a different world when the farmhands went down .... Mostly all clubs was part timers with rubbish grounds with no supporters at all

now most have rich backers and have a few bob to spend and its a graveyard of struggling ex league clubs.

We had a little taste recently in the FA cup playing Dover and Boreham Wood we was beat both times

'''however i am very deeply upset at SUFC losing its football league status and go completey and utterly sort of psycho when people talk about SUFC in the national league ...

Well said Rich

Yes I have said that on here before, you have to have a set up suitable for EFL membership so the National league has a lot more money in it these days.

National league in my opinion is the hardest league to get out of. So many ex league clubs who have struggled to get back or gone down and more worrying gone bust...... if supporters are happy to go down and rebuild with MM, You might want to think again! Its not as easy as it may well look.

Is it worth sacking MM and going for new manager bounce worth it? maybe! as the points iv made above.

Personally I haven't been that overly impressed with are management team but that's just my opinion.

When Dover depart from the National League, which seems inevitable, having played only 15 matches, I imagine the results of those matches will be expunged from the records - benefitting slightly Notts County, Eastleigh and Barnet and even more slightly Boreham Wood.

The situation which you have decided is "a complete farce" hasn't occurred yet and is, I think, unlikely to.

No, we're going to have to do it on our own - the way it should be. And I think we can.

This was done today, with no material impact on the table.

Dover were fined £40,000 & given a 12-point deduction (applied next season).

16 clubs at National League North and South level have also been found guilty of not fulfilling fixtures. They've been fined £2,000 per breach & given a suspended 2-point deduction. This was when they didn't play when their promised funding didn't materialise and just before the whole thing was canned. What a morally bankrupt organisation we might be joining.

Last edited:
If our dear friends do take the tumble, I’m pretty sure we get this entire forum to ourselves. Everyone else will have to decamp to the General Football section. Which begs the question: which one of us wants to moderator?

Re: away games. Now Maidstone have gone down, the only ground you’ll definitely struggle to get tickets to is Maidenhead. Boreham Wood will give you 3 sides of the ground and Dagenham will probably give you two. Sutton - if they’re still down there - Barnet and Wealdstone will have enough room.
Have you forgotten the ticketing fiasco that was Solihull Moors away?!? Pretty sure just two sides at Boreham Wood for large away support, one seating and one terrace.

16 clubs at National League North and South level have also been found guilty of not fulfilling fixtures. They've been fined £2,000 per breach & given a suspended 2-point deduction. This was when they didn't play when their promised funding didn't materialise and just before the whole thing was canned. What a morally bankrupt organisation we might be joining.

Absolutely shocking. Does sound like we're in for a treat, mind you the EFL is not exactly a competent organisation.

The blame lies with Ron but they kept us under an embargo significantly longer than they should have IMO

Have you forgotten the ticketing fiasco that was Solihull Moors away?!? Pretty sure just two sides at Boreham Wood for large away support, one seating and one terrace.

Ah yes, it was Braintree where we ended up with three sides, though that was more to do with hundreds of us being in the home end.

Don’t think there would have been a problem getting tickets for Solihull if it’d’ve been January:Winking:

Hope everything is as vaguely manageable as possible for you under the recent circumstances, J.

Ah yes, it was Braintree where we ended up with three sides, though that was more to do with hundreds of us being in the home end.

Don’t think there would have been a problem getting tickets for Solihull if it’d’ve been January:Winking:

Hope everything is as vaguely manageable as possible for you under the recent circumstances, J.
Yeah, the official home attendance figure for Braintree was ludicrous.:Smile:

Bearing up, thanks.

listening to BBC Essex, if/when we slip into National League, will that affect our youth set up and will we lose our main man?

Has anyone thought about getting in contact with other fans regarding the ex league teams in the national would love to from the likes of chesterfield Torquay Stockport etc regarding the national league

if/when we slip into National League, will that affect our youth set up
Assuming it's the same funding setup as a couple of years ago, it's 100% of the Academy funding you'd get in the EFL in the first season, 50% in the second then zero. At Orient there was a plan in place to reduce the Academy setup after year 2, had we not got promoted back.

He ain't paying the fine, this has got further to run....

He ain't paying the fine, this has got further to run....

More power to his elbow. The clubs have been shafted by the National League, and the government too I guess.

Totally agree; an outrageous decision from the NL.
They really did expect all clubs to have a pot ready for use in the advent of what insurance companies call 'an act of God'.
I would use the last of my money at Dover to sue this Michael Mouse league.

Back