• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Hong Kong Blue

Billy Paynter isn't the new Graeme Jones and Hooper isn't the new Eastwood, so who are exactly are our team?

So far I've got:

Flahavan: the new any one of a number of youth team products over the last decade - too small and not good enough.
Francis: the new dangerous Dave Morley. The laidback approach, the talent, the way he makes defending look easy - until he switches off for a moment and its a goal.
Hammell: ?
Sodje: the new Spinner. Great in the air, a class act if not so clever on the ball. Lets hope those legs last
Barrett: the new Paul Clark. Local lad back to his roots, trying to make up for his lack of size with his heart of oak.
Maher: the old Michael Carrick? Class on the ball, but is he mobile enough, how do you build a midfield around him?
Gutts: the emperor's new clothes according to wiggy.
Bradbury: (when played wide right): Gordon Connelly - never beats his man, but never loses possession, even if it is always a pass back to the right-back.
Cole: the new Steve Clark - the pace, both ex-West Ham trainees, the only way you can tell them apart is that Cole is left footed. Fact.
Ricketts: the new Tes Bramble
Paynter: the new Andy Rammell. The cheeks might not be quite as red, but that bustling style and channel running means that Atherstone Utd will surely be naming their next stand the Billy Paynter Stand.

Subs:
JCR: the new Gareth Risbridger. Steve Bennett can't tell them apart such is their all action style. Either that or he's the new Asprilla - tricks and pace aplenty, but its disrupted the team.
Lawson: the new Garry Nelson (courtesy of Chris in the Spread last season), young, local, intelligent striker making his way, but being played out wide.
Gower: the new Martin Ling?

Any others? I think Freddy is unique.

Hammell - the new Damon Searle.  A celt, a left back, left-footed, excellent at the set piece.

Jay Smith - the new Jamie Fullarton.  No way back from injury, despite previously being a class act.  
sad.gif

Lewis Hunt - the new Leon Johnson.  Clearly has talent, but where oh where do we play him?

Peter Clarke - the new Leo Roget?  Gives 100% and has lots of potential, but a bit rash and sometimes error-prone?

Harrold - the new Jason Lee?  Tall, gangly, but holds the ball up excellently and will shine alongside a brilliant forward.

Freddy - the new Richard Cadette.  Fast, superb feet, a massive impact on his debut and a goals-to-games ratio to die for.

rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Oct. 10 2006,18:12)]Hammell - the new Damon Searle.  A celt, a left back, left-footed, excellent at the set piece.

Jay Smith - the new Jamie Fullarton.  No way back from injury, despite previously being a class act.  
sad.gif

Lewis Hunt - the new Leon Johnson.  Clearly has talent, but where oh where do we play him?

Peter Clarke - the new Leo Roget?  Gives 100% and has lots of potential, but a bit rash and sometimes error-prone?

Harrold - the new Jason Lee?  Tall, gangly, but holds the ball up excellently and will shine alongside a brilliant forward.

Freddy - the new Richard Cadette.  Fast, superb feet, a massive impact on his debut and a goals-to-games ratio to die for.

rock.gif
Good call on Hammell/Searle

I thought about Cadette and Eastwood, but I can't remember Cadette scoring so many goals from my distance, which is such a part of Freddy's game (particularly when you get no service in the box!). Freddy's probably a mix between him and Stan.

Hopefully Harrold will be better than Jason Lee. You missed out the fact that both have the Michael ripped out of them over their hair!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hong Kong Blue @ Oct. 10 2006,18:22)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Oct. 10 2006,18:12)]Hammell - the new Damon Searle.  A celt, a left back, left-footed, excellent at the set piece.

sad.gif

rock.gif
Good call on Hammell/Searle

I thought about Cadette and Eastwood, but I can't remember Cadette scoring so many goals from my distance, which is such a part of Freddy's game (particularly when you get no service in the box!). Freddy's probably a mix between him and Stan.

Hopefully Harrold will be better than Jason Lee. You missed out the fact that both have the Michael ripped out of them over their hair!
Good points all.

*searches for the smelling salts after agreeing unreservedly with HKB*

tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hong Kong Blue @ Oct. 10 2006,18:00)]Billy Paynter isn't the new Graeme Jones and Hooper isn't the new Eastwood, so who are exactly are our team?

So far I've got:

Flahavan: the new any one of a number of youth team products over the last decade - too small and not good enough.
Francis: the new dangerous Dave Morley. The laidback approach, the talent, the way he makes defending look easy - until he switches off for a moment and its a goal.
Hammell: ?
Sodje: the new Spinner. Great in the air, a class act if not so clever on the ball. Lets hope those legs last
Barrett: the new Paul Clark. Local lad back to his roots, trying to make up for his lack of size with his heart of oak.
Maher: the old Michael Carrick? Class on the ball, but is he mobile enough, how do you build a midfield around him?
Gutts: the emperor's new clothes according to wiggy.
Bradbury: (when played wide right): Gordon Connelly - never beats his man, but never loses possession, even if it is always a pass back to the right-back.
Cole: the new Steve Clark - the pace, both ex-West Ham trainees, the only way you can tell them apart is that Cole is left footed. Fact.
Ricketts: the new Tes Bramble
Paynter: the new Andy Rammell. The cheeks might not be quite as red, but that bustling style and channel running means that Atherstone Utd will surely be naming their next stand the Billy Paynter Stand.

Subs:
JCR: the new Gareth Risbridger. Steve Bennett can't tell them apart such is their all action style. Either that or he's the new Asprilla - tricks and pace aplenty, but its disrupted the team.
Lawson: the new Garry Nelson (courtesy of Chris in the Spread last season), young, local, intelligent striker making his way, but being played out wide.
Gower: the new Martin Ling?

Any others? I think Freddy is unique.
Im aorry, but they are terrible likenings!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (D62SUBOY @ Oct. 10 2006,23:05)]Sorry, I thought it said Necrophiliacs XI and I became slightly intrigued...............

I got nothing to say now
biggrin.gif
You and me both

wow.gif

Well not on the intrigued part anyway...
tounge.gif

Back