• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (overseas shrimper @ April 30 2004,12:35)]What? Southend United are thinking of moving from Roots Hall? Since when? Why?

This is a disgrace. Roots Hall is our traditional home. We are The Shrimpers... not The Blues... even though blue is our traditional colour.

This is f**king disgrace.

tounge.gif
Fcuk off and support Sliema then!

tounge.gif

I'm sure that the developers have just received the green light to make loads of money. Surely they won't pull out now!!!
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Spaceman Spiff @ April 30 2004,13:00)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Beaver @ April 30 2004,12:57)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bucks_blue @ April 30 2004,12:28)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ April 30 2004,12:21)]What does this mean to Delancey? Will they stay as backers now?
That's the most important question to my mind.

If Delancey pull out nad call in the debt (i know thy have said they won't but....) we could have finally got to the stage of having the land for the new stadium but not have a team to play there!

Do we reckon SUFC have plans fo the new satdium or will we have to wait 6 months for them to cobble something together?

I know we had plans beofre but that was when we had the whole site to build on wasn't it?
Ron Martin Said on BBC Essex @ 12.30 that plans will be submitted within 6 Months with an expected Build Time of 16 Months so expect to be in the New Stadium in 2 Years.

(Subject to acceptance by the Council)
Plans submitted within 6 months? They've had long enough to have them ready by now surely?!  
wow.gif

There's probably more to it - particularly if there were conditions attached to Two Jags' acceptance of the Lansbury development... so perhaps the 6 months are just an allowance of time Ron is giving to dot the I's and cross the T's in order to prevent further delays....
I'd imagine the wait would be in case 2 Jags wanted to change boundries and the Stadium plans might have fell foul of that.

So by the time the next world cup comes round we could be sitting in our brand spanking new home!!.
cool.gif

Why? They've had planning permission for a new stadium for ages I thought?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Smiffy @ April 30 2004,13:15)]So by the time the next world cup comes round we could be sitting in our brand spanking new home!!.  
cool.gif
I won't, I'll be in the pub watching the world cup.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (overseas shrimper @ April 30 2004,12:35)]What? Southend United are thinking of moving from Roots Hall? Since when? Why?

This is a disgrace. Roots Hall is our traditional home. We are The Shrimpers... not The Blues... even though blue is our traditional colour.
Why on earth did we leave the Kursaal.... I always knew that no good would come of it.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (steveh1510 @ April 30 2004,13:24)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Smiffy @ April 30 2004,13:15)]So by the time the next world cup comes round we could be sitting in our brand spanking new home!!.  
cool.gif
I won't, I'll be in the pub watching the world cup.
You wont be watching England then!

Kev

rock.gif
wink.gif

How long before the KARERS come out of the woodwork again with their petitions/letters to the echo?

I see someone has posted a comment on their message board already, not sure if this will help our cause?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Beaver @ April 30 2004,12:57)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bucks_blue @ April 30 2004,12:28)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ April 30 2004,12:21)]What does this mean to Delancey? Will they stay as backers now?
That's the most important question to my mind.

If Delancey pull out nad call in the debt (i know thy have said they won't but....) we could have finally got to the stage of having the land for the new stadium but not have a team to play there!

Do we reckon SUFC have plans fo the new satdium or will we have to wait 6 months for them to cobble something together?

I know we had plans beofre but that was when we had the whole site to build on wasn't it?
Ron Martin Said on BBC Essex @ 12.30 that plans will be submitted within 6 Months with an expected Build Time of 16 Months so expect to be in the New Stadium in 2 Years.

(Subject to acceptance by the Council)
....and some sort of judicial review called by the (don't) Karers....

I note that Ron said on the radio that he wants Southend to get back into the 1st division and that he is looking to build a 20,000 capacity stadium!!!!
biggrin.gif

Back