• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I said on the main ranger thread I wondered if there was anything else to come out of the woodwork- but I assumed if there was anything it would be from before he joined us. It will be a great shame if it all ends in tears. Ron had made it absolutely clear that we won't accept bad behaviour whilst he is here. His performances have dropped and it has to make you wonder if he has been waiting for whatever this is to come out?

With a possible custodial sentence in the near future, I wonder if the misdemeanor is being used as an opportunity to just get rid of him...
Personally I doubt it. There is still he real chance that one day he will be fit and will start scoring n a regular basis, if that happens his value will go up and we won't want to miss that

****ing hell.

Doubt he would get sacked over missing training. Anymore which looks like the case then it's goodbye.

With McLaughlin injured seems like our season is going to spiral away like last season. Unless Brown can pull off some majorly good transfer business in the next couple of weeks.

Notsure why people are waiting to hear what he has done before judging him. End of the day, the club has stuck its neck out to give ranger a chance. If he has been stupid enough to throw it back in our faces then good riddance. The fact that the club are considering either suspending him or more seriously sacking him would suggest that he has crossed the line again in his career. Ranger is not the most important thing here, it is the club and those that support it. Ranger has been a key part of our recent success, the club wouldnt risk breaking that up unless completely necessary. Dont think PB and the club could have done anymore to help him, but the day after saying they would stand by him, this comes out. Not a good situation

Yep, with McLaughlin injured it's falling apart. Personally fear that having no defensive cover will bite us too, Brown won't want to dent his ego by promoting his club captain from training with the youth team to first team duties after all

This is a worrying development, but I am not going to speculate on what he's done until some factual information is shared by the club or his advisors.

I really hope Ranger can clear his name and put this behind him and forge a successful career at Southend - but you just get that sinking feeling... I fear for him - and what will become of him if this all goes wrong!

Reading the local paper on the court case (and I take some of the reporting with a pinch of salt) it would appear that he is walking a very fine line of going into prison and the judge in this case has said so. Clearly there has been a "flippancy" with them all. So I suppose anything else that comes to light especially, whilst he has been at the club would not bode well for them or him.

A little surprised we're still employing someone who has pleaded guilty to fraud, even before this latest development. Good player or not.

Club Statement

The Club advises that Nile Ranger is facing suspension following a breach of discipline that came to their attention this afternoon.

The Club will now review the position in the coming days whilst it considers all of the options available. However, for the moment the Club's main focus is on preparing the team ready for a key game on Saturday at home to Rochdale.

The Club will keep supporters updated but it is unlikely any further information will be available before next week.

Southend United Chairman Ron Martin added;

"This appears to be the first misdemeanour since Nile came to the Football Club in July 2016, with other incidents being in the past.

"Since July, Nile's behaviour has been good. However, we will not allow any matter to bring the Club into disrepute, that said we will take a balanced view and come to a decision once all of the information is understood.

"I have supported Nile, along with Phil and the other players and we all would like to see him succeed on and off the pitch both as player and person."

Read more at http://www.southendunited.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/club-statement-3516181.aspx#z3WEok9FdFI8upF7.99

Timing interesting. No sooner do a statement from club highlighting all misdemeanours were prior to joining we get this- thought at the time that will encourage someone to come forward and claim otherwise... He probably has a few enemies as well.

Latest statement from club is very balanced and the outcome doesn't appear a foregone conclusion.

At this point it's all speculation, no-one knows what the allegations are or whether they are real or significant So there will be much speculation, much heat and for now very little light.

No choice but to wait and see

I feel sorry for Ron and PB through all this crap they have gone out of there way for Nile, they dont deserve it all to be spat back at them!

I'm quite encouraged by that statement.

It certainly doesn't sound like the issue is insurmountable and reading between the lines, I think the club would like to resolve this without the need for contract termination.

I believe I predicted a failed drugs test a few weeks ago Be interesting to see.

if that was the case he would not have played last Saturday

Could be an allegation made by a 3rd party which is currently unsubstantiated - meaning the club are investigating it? Judging by the vitriol he gets on twitter it it could be someone with a grudge, seems a bit fishy if you ask me...

Back