• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Winkle

Manager
Just popped to Asda's to get some shopping bits as I am cooking dinner tonight for the sprogs and the beloved. I approached one of these bus stop shelter thingies that you take your trolley back to and in front of me was this old guy fiddling with the trolley trying to get his pound back. I waited as he was taking up the whole double trolley part and in respect that he was a bit older than me and I was being very patient. He moneuvered over to one side and I saw my opening to gently push my trolley into its simbient partner and retract my pound coin for a quick getaway as a queue was beginning to form. As I went past him he shoved his trolley over my way and hit is arm. I dont no why (And I always do) say sorry even though it was not my fault as I felt sorry for him. Well, he then told me in no uncertain terms what he thought of me even questioning my parentage. When I reverberated that it was him who actually hit me he was not having any of it.
I do have a bit of a red mist factor but decided to walk away as he was just an angry old man who thought that the whole world evolved around him and is daily shopping rountine. As I walked away he then called me a , wait for it.....c**t! Sorry, old man or not I went back and gave him both barrels of the winkle hairdryer treatment with the whole of the car park forming a circle in expectation of a fight taking place. Dont get me wrong, I have a lot of respect for my elders but just recently I have began to see a different side to older people who get selfish and contancrous and set in there ways but this guy was taking the proverbial biscuit. He then told me that if I didnt f**k off he was going to lay me out................ What could I do except shake my head and walk away.
Its awful when people get to an age that they think "Verbally abusing someone" is acceptable because they are poor old pensioners. It does leave you feeling preety perplexed when this old guy wants to rip your head off for just trying to put a trolley back in place..... and they say youngsters are intollerant!

Last edited:
you should have told him you have a gay dog and would set it on him!

Oh, you met my grandad then :unsure: Shouldn't shop in Asda fella, go upmarket... Aldi or Iceland somewhere like that

Seriously there is nothing worse than that. Again i always say sorry even if someone has just barged into me and there are some really rude people about. Theres nothing you can do in that situation apart from walk away if that your be on the local news having beating up some "poor, defenceless old man". Walk away and swear in the car mate works everytime.

Just popped to Asda's to get some shopping bits as I am cooking dinner tonight for the sprogs and the beloved. I approached one of these bus stop shelter thingies that you take your trolley back to and in front of me was this old guy fiddling with the trolley trying to get his pound back. I waited as he was taking up the whole double trolley part and in respect that he was a bit older than me and I was being very patient. He moneuvered over to one side and I saw my opening to gently push my trolley into its simbient partner and retract my pound coin for a quick getaway as a queue was beginning to form. As I went past him he shoved his trolley over my way and hit is arm. I dont no why (And I always do) say sorry even though it was not my fault as I felt sorry for him. Well, he then told me in no uncertain terms what he thought of me even questioning my parentage. When I reverberated that it was him who actually hit me he was not having any of it.
I do have a bit of a red mist factor but decided to walk away as he was just an angry old man who thought that the whole world evolved around him and is daily shopping rountine. As I walked away he then called me a , wait for it.....c**t! Sorry, old man or not I went back and gave him both barrels of the winkle hairdryer treatment with the whole of the car park forming a circle in expectation of a fight taking place. Dont get me wrong, I have a lot of respect for my elders but just recently I have began to see a different side to older people who get selfish and contancrous and set in there ways but this guy was taking the proverbial biscuit. He then told me that if I didnt f**k off he was going to lay me out................ What could I do except shake my head and walk away.
Its awful when people get to an age that they think "Verbally abusing someone" is acceptable because they are poor old pensioners. It does leave you feeling preety perplexed when this old guy wants to rip your head off for just trying to put a trolley back in place..... and they say youngsters are intollerant!

Would it not have been easier to offer to help him in the first place and avoid the confrontation ?

I do love seeing old people angry though.:D

Would it not have been easier to offer to help him in the first place and avoid the confrontation ?

I do love seeing old people angry though.:D

Thats ok but some people like to be independant so its one of those "Shall I Or Shant I". By what came out of his trap I am glad I didnt as he probably would have ripped off his colostomy bag and smashed it in my face!

I heard he is the top boy in the "Asda Pension Posse" famous for graffiti-ing Tesco with "Asda Oldies Rule" in Ralgex spray. You couldn't read it but the smell made you sick. Do not mess with this bloke.

The ASDA in Basildon is the best due to the old woman named Doris who is always standing by the door.

Last edited:
haha
great story i must say..

I'll tell you one thing, it's a right bitch being a tennager and encountering old people out and about!

unfair?

No, this guy was only 90!!!

Oi I saw that...

14_6_18.gif

Brilliant you deserve a medal,to be fair it was probably just frustration on the old fella's behalf with the pound coin,well done anyway.

Sounds like the sort of thing my old dad would be doing if he wasn't pushing up the daises now. To say he had a temper is an understatement. He still thought he was in the Merchant Navy going by the way he carried on. Bopped a fellow half his age at the lights by Kent Elms for cutting in at 65, offered a neighbour out on the doorstep over the dogs barking two weeks later and had a proper stand-up slogging match with another a couple of years later because I had a punch-up with his son. He was a nightmare! He finally had a stroke and ended up in hospital where he tried battering a porter who had taken a pop at another old boy.

He finally popped his clogs while visiting family in South Africa yet had still managed to have fisticuffs with a barman over a warm pint of Guinness. And I wonder where I get it from!

In this situation, there are many options.

Number one, is the Roundhouse kick to the face. Favoured my many, including the legend that is Chuck Norris. In this example, you could have roundhouse kicked him to the face, and that said, 'Don't **** with chuck' as you walked away.

Number two, would be to cut out the Jackie chan bollocks, do some windmilling in, and if youve got a set of keys on you, make them count.

Alternatively, ignore him, wait til hes walking away, run up to him, punch him square on the head. as you do this though, you have to jump in the air, and shout BOOM! really loud, mainly for effect. That'l teach the gobby ****!

Back