• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Official Match Thread Oldham Athletic v Southend United

Think that's a bit harsh; we actually looked worse we he came off
Particularly as Akinola looked like he's tweaked his hamstring. Acquaintance close to being the clubs only forward- don’t worry though we 15 non-scoring midfielders..

By all reports he's far from lazy regardless of what you think of his ability. It's sad to see such cheap personal shots at a young lad just trying his best to perform in difficult circumstances.
I have nothing against him other than he is not good enough. Missed another 2 sitters, how many chances before the penny drops with you and M.M?

So does MM think that Halford up front is a better option than Goodship?
Honestly with this formation Halford probably is better. Goodship's ability to knock a long ball ball down is non existent, we tried playing him as the lone striker at the start of the season and he was awful, his strength is being the final man in an attack not the guy that starts the move. If Goodship plays it needs to be either on the wing (which might happen if Akinola is injured) or we need to change formation and put 2 up front (which might not be a bad idea when Acquah isn't on the pitch).

And this ladies and gentlemen is a clear example of someone not having a bloody clue. Remind me how many chances we had when he came off? We ended the game with Greg bloody halford up top. Give your head a big old wobble
That had nothing to do with Acquah? We just didn't create the dead easy chances after for someone else to miss!

Think that's a bit harsh; we actually looked worse we he came off
Agree, he is the best we have available right now, and people forget he is a youngster and there can be inconsistencies game to game. Of his last 4 starts he has had 3 decent games, mid week maybe not but the other 3 decent games, so performance wise maybe the consistency is coming, just needs a goal now

We just look like we’re not gonna score again this season.

I get what you mean - but look at it another way, that was probably the most chances we've created in a game - we've never looked more likely to score!

That had nothing to do with Acquah? We just didn't create the dead easy chances after for someone else to miss!
It's almost like Acquah's an integral part of our build up play and without him on the pitch we aren't able to create anything. The games moved on, strikers aren't just on the pitch to score anymore. The work Acquah does outside of shooting is very necessary for us to create anything in the first place.

I'm sorry but it doesent take a rocket scientist to realise if u are in control of the game and u need to score a goal and the players playing arent doing that u then bring on recoignised past and present goal scorers capable of scoring a goal!!
No one disagrees steve, no one. But repeating the same diatribe gets boring. Nothing constructive in your posts. I bet I’ve sat next to you at a game, bleating the same statement, week in, week out. If he’s not playing’strikers’ it’s a weird one, agreed.. but.. there’s a reason maybe? Tactics? Form? Injury? Confidence? He sees these players daily.. you?

Well if Ferguson is supposed to be one of the three that supports the spearhead attacker then no wonder we cant join up that gap, how many shots did you get in position for Nathan let alone attempt ?

Which probably tells you that Acquah had a hand in creating the chances, by movement, being in the right place, or even creating them himself etc

I get what you mean - but look at it another way, that was probably the most chances we've created in a game - we've never looked more likely to score!
Yeah that’s true but we still didn’t score which is the worrying part about it.

Well if Ferguson is supposed to be one of the three that supports the spearhead attacker then no wonder we cant join up that gap, how many shots did you get in position for Nathan let alone attempt ?
Isn't he one of the holding midfielders?

Back