• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Note to Ron Martin. This illustrates 803 (or however many it is) spaces will be nowhere near enough for a 21,000 stadium - especially without the benefit of 1,000 more spaces at a nearby park and walk.

It depends what happens on Temple Farm. As it stands there's plenty of parking on the roads around there. But if it does go ahead, I can see single yellows on the roads and companies opening up their car parks and charging.

That will never happen I'm afraid - I'm stuck with supporting Col U now - it's bloody painful most of the time - in my time following I've seen us relegated to the conference from Division 4, then promoted back into League 2, back to League 1, breif stint in Championship and now flirting with relegated again for the last few seasons - it may be a poorly supported small club with no realistic prospects of winning anything but it's my club and I would rather suffer than pretending to support a Premier League team (by watching games on Sky Sports) - hell, I'd rather even support you lot than be a plastic prem fan!! (god that makes me feel a bit sick even thinking of it)

Go on. Admit it. You wish you were a Shrimper and had loads of fans to share your happiness with rather than being a very lonely fan of a tinpot club going nowhere (except downwards!).

That will never happen I'm afraid - I'm stuck with supporting Col U now - it's bloody painful most of the time - in my time following I've seen us relegated to the conference from Division 4, then promoted back into League 2, back to League 1, breif stint in Championship and now flirting with relegated again for the last few seasons - it may be a poorly supported small club with no realistic prospects of winning anything but it's my club and I would rather suffer than pretending to support a Premier League team (by watching games on Sky Sports) - hell, I'd rather even support you lot than be a plastic prem fan!! (god that makes me feel a bit sick even thinking of it)
i

Plus 1 NEWS, my support goes back to the late 50's onwards, my 1st game was in 1958 at the age of 5 like you I am an addict!

I don't think there is much/if anything he can do about it to be honest - can't remember the exact details but the amount of car-park spaces permitted at a new stadium is fixed based on a seats to space ratio so even if there were space/money availabe to provide more spaces you couldn't (unless those restrictions have been changed in the last few years of course)

I beleive it was intended to ensure clubs promote the use of public transport which in turns is then linked to local planning views on impact on infrastructre/congestion etc.

Correct, we had the most we were allowed which I think was just under 800 (778 rings a bell?) but in reality some of those are used by club staff and box holders etc so they are not all available to the masses to use on match days.

confirmed from a Col.U mate

"The car park for the town centre P&R is about 5 minutes walk away and they let football supporters park there for £3. It is the other side of the A12 from the ground behind the service station."

confirmed from a Col.U mate

"The car park for the town centre P&R is about 5 minutes walk away and they let football supporters park there for £3. It is the other side of the A12 from the ground behind the service station."

5 mins ?? .... and the rest !

Someone was asking about parking for free (may have been on another thread). I have held back from commenting as our 2 resident Col U members have provided excellent advice - whilst I can certainly concur with side roads and parking wardens/signs placed etc, however whilst living here for a number of years I'm not often that close to WHCS on match days. However, there is limited street parking on Mile End Road leading on to Nayland Road which is the road leading away from the main rail station towards Mile End and Boxted. it is still quite a walk, but if there is a space at the top end up the hill near St Michaels Church, more on Nayland Road end. Whilst there are parking restrictions, this is Mon - Friday, but I can't say if any cones are placed on match days. Might be worth considering - but no liability accepted!

I hear the multi storey car park is OK.

There's plenty of room right at the very bottom! :winking::smile:

Parking at col u

I'm guessing there will be quite a few of us driving up boxing day.

Anyone know the best place to park.

I can't really be arsed with park and ride or paying silly money to que for an hour to get out.

There must be somewhere to park that's like a 10 to 15 minute walk.

Back